PDA

View Full Version : guesses on characters ability types(black mage, white, warrior etc)

JseanjohnC
03-15-2005, 12:58 AM
of the 6? characters revealed who will be the following

warrior?
black mage?
white mage?
thief?
summoner?
blue mage?

and plenty more...any ideas?

Ouch!
03-15-2005, 02:44 AM
If I'm not mistaken, anyone can be trained to be anything.

I know from one of the videos that Vaan has a huge spear and at the same time has green magic (if I'm not mistaken that'll be the enfeebling spells like poison and blind). I can't think of any job that uses spears and magic, so yeah, I think it's safe to guess that you can be everything all at once. Or at least excel in multiple different fields.

TasteyPies
03-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Square has a way of not letting too many things stick around for too long without trying to change them. Imo classes will be nonexistant. No wait, they did that in ff8. I dunno. In fact this post is pretty pointles but I'm just going to hit Submit reply anyway because I WILL NOT LET THE MAN GET ME DOWN!

JseanjohnC
03-15-2005, 10:14 PM
which is another disapointment to this game...man this doesnt look like a hit to me in my opinion

gandalf1
04-14-2005, 05:09 PM
I think its a good idea to have any character able to be trained into any class. Final Fantasy X had almost obvious classes, for example did anyone make Lulu anything other than a kick-ass black mage? A degree of flexibility will be cool. :)

TheAbominatrix
04-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Square's biggest hit ever didnt have classes. They havent had classes for ages, anyone can be anything.

Gelatinous
04-14-2005, 06:39 PM
I think FFXII should adopt the character development system of either FFIV or FFV. On the former there were vey specific classes with little room for flexibility(FFIX), and the latter had an early version of the "Job System", which has also been used in FFX-2 and FFT.

The former allows the developers to include more character-specific abilities, for example Eiko's and Dagger's Eidolons, while the latter allows more freedom and includes special classes, such as Blue Mage and Mystic Knight.

I just hope FFXII's system doesn't resemble the Sphere system. There is such a thing as too much freedom, and I yearn to once again play a real Blue Mage. None of that Kimahri stuff, more like Quina and Strago.

TheAbominatrix
04-14-2005, 07:04 PM
I forgot about IX's system, silly me. But yeah, as far as the numerical ones go, the class system hasnt been used much, and I'd like it brought back myself.

As far as the sphere system goes, it doesnt force you to develop your characters in any way. It can be as limiting or free as you want it to be.

Gwelenguchenkus
04-14-2005, 07:07 PM
at gamefaqs I learned that cahracters will have innitial 'classes' and then gradually spread outward. So they have originality and stuff that they are good at. I think you could probably fit the FFXII characters with classes.

However, I think that they will probably 'mix' classes together, makig some original stuff. Obviously FRAN is an archer... that's all I can think of.

Also, it was reported that there would be a LOT of characeters.. like up to possibly 13 or so... tons of characters, some optional most likely (FF6 anyone?).

JseanjohnC
04-20-2005, 04:34 PM
13 playable characters? that would be pretty cool.

KentaRawr!
04-21-2005, 12:54 AM
My guess is that it will be Similar to Final Fantasy V.

This is how FFV worked:

You choose a job. Then, from Battles you can Gain AP, which stands for Ability Points. Get enough Ability Points, and you get a Job Level Up, and a skill that will allow you to use another Ability, and this Ability can be used no matter what job you choose after you gain that Ability. Example:

I just chose White Mage for the First Time! Healing is Fun! I need 10 AP To get a Job Level Up. Each Battle usually gives me 1 AP, so I will just say 10 more Battles until my Job Level Up.

10 Battles go by, and I recieve a Job Level Up and the skill "White1"!

Now I can use Low Level White Magic spells when using another Job. So I will now become a Knight!

I change my Job to Knight. It asks me which Extra Ability I want. I have Gained White1, so I will go ahead and use that.

Now I have become a Knight that can use White Magic. ^_^

It will probably be a bit different than that, but it seems like it could work.

Croyles
05-11-2005, 06:47 PM
They havent had classes for ages, anyone can be anything.

Did you forget about FFX-2s Dresspheres? I dont like the game too much but they had classes nontheless.

Rinoa Heartilly
05-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Well Freya in FFIX was a dragoon and she could use 'dragoon magic' so...
*shrug* I don't know, somehow I have the feeling Fran will be a dragoon...with a bow :p
It could happen *grin*

KoShiatar
05-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Well Freya in FFIX was a dragoon and she could use 'dragoon magic' so...
*shrug* I don't know, somehow I have the feeling Fran will be a dragoon...with a bow :p
It could happen *grin*

And will have Kain lance as well? Or maybe something like "Kain lance used by Freija" :P

Markus. D
06-11-2005, 06:17 AM
its sort of like x-2, each character plays a role in a battle that you choose to play... heavy tactics here.

but in saying that, im suspecting that every differant character will have his/her strengths and weaknesses... making them more suited to certain roles they play in battle.