PDA

View Full Version : I just played through the game again.

DeBlayde
03-15-2005, 08:21 AM
Something struck me about Auron, though. Some of the lines Braska directed at Auron, Auron's sphere, Auron's conversations with Jecht, how Auron refused to marry the priest's daughter, I was wondering if perhaps Auron might be a little homosexual?

He's still by far and wide my favorite character, and kicks hugely massive amounts of a$$, and perhaps I'm seeing things that aren't there, but it just seemed like Auron could quite easily be construed as gay.

Did anybody else notice this?

Big D
03-15-2005, 10:29 AM
Auron, especially in his younger days, was very moral and idealistic. When he refused to marry the priest's daughter, it was probably because he didn't want to enter into a politicised, arranged marriage - especially not one that would give him prestige among the Warrior Monks, rather than earning it. As Jecht says, he's a real stiff sometimes:p

I'd say that's the reason - he'd marry for love, not for someone else
s point-scoring.

I agree that the Spheres reveal a lot, though. I would definitely say that Auron, Braska and Jecht love one another dearly, toward the end of their pilgrimage. Auron's deperate attempts to prevent prevent Braska's sacrifice and Jecht's willingness to die for his friends' world speak volumes about this.
However, I see theirs as a brotherly love, not romantic.

Of course, Auron's sexuality isn't established in the story; anything is possible.

Ezme
03-15-2005, 05:01 PM
Nah, I doubt he's gay. I think its more likly that he didnt marry the preist daughter because of he....didnt want to! It would be false, and he belives that everything should be morally right and taking the hand of a girl he did not love would be wrong. I wish i could find a guy like auron.....(ummmm I think i'm losing it)

Pouring Rain
03-21-2005, 11:31 PM
He's not gay! He probably wanted to earn respect instead of marrying himself into it. She would have probably been ugly anyway. I agree with ww and big d, some brotherly love and he's not gay. he has a very good explanation.

Padr Fydcuh
03-23-2005, 05:39 PM
I agree - it's easy to misconstrue Sam and Frodo as being gay, for example, but they're not - there is a very strong bond that forms between brothers in arms that is unmatched by marital or even parental love. I think it is that that flows through Auron's blood. And incidentally, with that kind of love, who needs to marry at all?

Fantasy_Dragon
03-23-2005, 08:33 PM
However, I see theirs as a brotherly love, not romantic.Same here. Of course they loved each other dearly, but only as friends. If you spent that much time with someone, and you might die soon, you will establish some kind of bond.

Ultimate99997
03-23-2005, 08:41 PM
How dare you taint the name of sir auron....he is the manliest icon a man could ever have. A gay auron just wouldn't have the same impact. (no offense to any gay members of eoff by the way)

Padr Fydcuh
03-23-2005, 08:55 PM
How dare you taint the name of sir auron....he is the manliest icon a man could ever have.

Don't forget about Rock Hudson...just think about the name...ROCK HUDSON. He was buff, masculine, strong and silent, and incredibly handsome...however, he was also lovers with Anthony Perkins (Norman Bates from Psycho).

So even though I don't necessarily agree that Auron is gay, a person's outward manliness really has nothing to do with it.

DeBlayde
03-26-2005, 05:59 AM
you all remember the hugely tough hunter guy from the second Jurassic Park movie? he was gay.

Being gay does not mean being effeminate. I've known several hugely effeminate men who were not gay and several other extremely macho men who were. Strangely, I've only known seriously macho women who were gay (not bi) but that's beside the point.

Auron still kicks hugely massive amounts of a$$. and he always will. besides so what if he is? There's nothing wrong with it. It's just something I noticed. like noticing Tidus is more accurately named Whiney-dus. and that his hatred of his father comes from an oedipal complex. and that Rikku has freaky spirally things instead of pupils. and that Cid looks constantly constipated.

BackRoomKid
03-26-2005, 06:13 AM
he's so not gay

c'mon, the guy carries around booze all the time and spits it at his foes...homo's would never do that

sorry if my use of "homo's" was offensive

Savannah
03-27-2005, 03:10 AM
How dare you taint the name of sir auron....he is the manliest icon a man could ever have. A gay auron just wouldn't have the same impact.

c'mon, the guy carries around booze all the time and spits it at his foes...homo's would never do that
Looks like this thread is a breeding ground for ignorant stereotypes.

Anyway, I've heard of this marriage thing involving Auron before but haven't come across it. Where in the game is it, exactly? Apparently, it's in one of the spheres somewhere...?

BackRoomKid
03-27-2005, 07:21 AM
Looks like this thread is a breeding ground for ignorant stereotypes.

yea, but its not so polite by quoting people either, and putting them on the spot like that and saying we are consenting stereotypes
don't start fights buddy...one quote does not state the whole of an opinion of a person...i'll leave it at that, for the sake of the thread...sorry, i get heated when the title "ignorant" is used, but i guess it's my fault in the first place with my use of words....truce?

as far as the topic goes: I think it's unfair for Auron. Braska had a woman, Jecht had a woman...Auron didn't. But to me, it doesn't suit his personality. To me, Auron is very efficiant, never wasting time, always getting priorities done. Not saying having a woman is wasting time, but in that fictional world and his position, he never thought having a mate would be relevant in his lifestyle.

rubah
03-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Apparently, it's in one of the spheres somewhere...?

It's in one of the spheres you find to get Auron his overdrives. It's one of the first ones, so if it isn't the one you find ingame, it'll probably be at mt. gagazet.

If not, then well, it's somewhere else:P

Savannah
03-27-2005, 10:08 PM
It's in one of the spheres you find to get Auron his overdrives. It's one of the first ones, so if it isn't the one you find ingame, it'll probably be at mt. gagazet.

If not, then well, it's somewhere else:P

I found one in Mt. Gagazet that got Auron his third overdrive (Banishing Blade, I think), but it didn't have anything to do with marriage.

rubah
03-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Then maybe it was one of the other eight.

Now that I think about it, there's another one in Macalania, isn't there?

Fantasy_Dragon
03-28-2005, 01:12 AM
The game has 10 spheres. For most of the spheres, you will have to revisit places using the airship. Those spheres are marked with (Airship)

Jecht 1 - Macalania Forest, after Spherimorph fight
Jecht 2 - Besaid Village, to the right of the temple (Airship)
Jecht 3 - SS Liki, on the bridge (board at Besaid) (Airship)
Jecht 4 - Luca Stadium, Basement A (Airship)
Jecht 5 - Mi'ihen Highroadm Oldroad, South [I think you can get this earlier in the game once you reach the oldroad, but I used the (Airship) to get it]
Auron - Mushroom Rock Road, Precipice [where you found Luzzu] (Airship)
Jecht 6 - Moonflow, South Warf (Airship)
Jecht 7 - Thunder Plains, South (Airship)
Jecht 8 - Macalania Woods South [Obtain after Bevelle, where the woods first start. You don't need the airship for this]
Braska - Mountain Trial, Mt. Gagazet

List from the official walkthrough book.