PDA

View Full Version : How & Where Do I Acquire Fortune Spheres

Angra Mainyu
03-15-2005, 10:30 AM
my characters luck is crap(all around 20). compared to their other stats its horrible(about 10 times more). Where do I get those damn fortune spheres. Ive got 4 and im afraid to use them :(

alexholker
03-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Kill the Everything Eater (one of the Original Creations). I'd reccommend using Anima with Haste and Protect first, and with the Pray ability.

zoti
03-15-2005, 10:51 AM
fortune cockies!! ;P

i think you can find 2-4 in the aeon cloisters

rubah
03-16-2005, 12:41 AM
It's earth eater. Everything eater (anything eater?) is from x-2, I think.

I'm not sure about the capture requirements, just go ahead and capture one of every kind of monster if you haven't.

And if you find him difficult to beat, you're not the first:P Maxed other stats + deathproof +rikku mixing two light curtains is a good place to start, though. Then you just have to wait for him to counterattack with flare everytime-_-

Skyblade
03-16-2005, 12:59 AM
It's earth eater. Everything eater (anything eater?) is from x-2, I think.

I'm not sure about the capture requirements, just go ahead and capture one of every kind of monster if you haven't.

And if you find him difficult to beat, you're not the first:P Maxed other stats + deathproof +rikku mixing two light curtains is a good place to start, though. Then you just have to wait for him to counterattack with flare everytime-_-

Yeah, that sucks. It takes way to long for him to cast Flare on himself and have it reflect to you. And there is no way (that I know of) to stop him from casting it.

Angra Mainyu
03-16-2005, 08:55 AM
I can beat Earth Eater without aeons it just takes like 10 minutes.

Is that the only way?

FF freak
03-16-2005, 07:32 PM
What the crap does Luck do anyway?

Ultimate99997
03-16-2005, 09:06 PM
Luck is like evasion and accuracy in one. The higher your luck the more chance you have of hitting the enemy, dealing a critical hit, and eveding an attack.
Although it takes ages to build up your luck stat it is really worth it.

In hy pal version I wouldn't have been able to beat penance without it. 255 luck guarantees a critical hit every time - it also helps you to actually hit him which is a hard task on it's own with low luck.

Shalashaska
03-16-2005, 10:12 PM
It's not even necessary to max out luck (though 255 across the board looks very nice :p ) as your chance of connecting with an enemy and dealing a critical hit is based off of the difference between the fiend's luck and the luck of the character who is attacking. 130 luck is enough for all enemies including the Dark Aeons and Penance.

Angra Mainyu
03-17-2005, 07:44 AM
Some of you are misinterpreting what im saying. I do not want to max out my luck, its just really bad 20 for all characters. I want to get it to about 100 or so.

Again where can I get fortune spheres(other than Earth Eater) :)

Shalashaska
03-17-2005, 08:08 PM
You can find a few Fortune Spheres in chests and whatnot throughout the game but you wont find anywhere near enough to raise your luck to over 100. Beyond the few you find, Earth Eater is your only option (well, you could bribe, but EE is much cheaper/more reliable).