03-15-2005, 09:20 PM
i've read the manga its pretty good

Spammerman
03-16-2005, 01:21 AM
thatas wat im meant 'read'

TheAbominatrix
03-16-2005, 01:23 AM
Well it can be both.

I've watched the anime and read the manga. While at the beginning it's an amusing and original show, it quickly falls into a rut and becomes extremely boring and repetitive, not to mention long. The characters never really develop... it's always the same thing over and over again.

A. Someone comes to town to challenge/marry Ranma.
B. Someone comes to town to challenge/marry Akane, thereby pissing Ranma off.

While there are some very funny and inventive things going on, it's really just the same annoying thing over and over again, and thus isnt worth watching/reading for very long. Most of Rumiko Takahashi's long-running series end up that way.

Fuzakeru
03-16-2005, 01:35 AM
While there are some very funny and inventive things going on, it's really just the same annoying thing over and over again, and thus isnt worth watching/reading for very long. Most of Rumiko Takahashi's long-running series end up that way.

I would have to agree with everything you just said there. I do love P-chan though. :love: I'd have to say as far as the manga goes, I stopped reading a little while after Shampoo showed up. I've only seen random episodes so I can't say too terribly much about the anime.

kikimm
03-16-2005, 01:50 AM
I've read a bit of the manga, and while I like it, I've definitley read better. It IS very repetitive, almost to the point whre it's unbearable. I wish there would be less...."filler" and more getting on with the plot. The thing doesn't need to be half as long as it is.

:D

Spammerman
03-16-2005, 01:52 AM
wat i think is weird, in takahashis book, the characters have kiised, and seen each other naked b4 they evenget married

also. Y does every f****** body got to train in china or near drownin springs
, nvr near where the fight takes place, other than kuno

crashNUMBERS
03-16-2005, 01:55 AM
Damnit Alex don't double post before del finds out...

TheAbominatrix
03-16-2005, 02:19 AM
wat i think is weird, in takahashis book, the characters have kiised, and seen each other naked b4 they evenget married

also. Y does every f****** body got to train in china or near drownin springs
, nvr near where the fight takes place, other than kuno

Um... the majority of people in the real world kiss before they get married, and a lot see eachother naked as well.

Martial artists often go on trips to train in plays that are beneficial to themselves and their style. Why would they train at the school, for instance? People train in dojos, but random fights dont neccesarily happen there.

As for why so many train at the springs... plot point.

Spammerman
03-17-2005, 01:18 AM
y cant takahashi's characters ever admit love.Like inuyasha, kagome and inu luv eachother but dont admit it

TheAbominatrix
03-17-2005, 02:54 AM
It's a plot point of Takahashi to make her series run longer. It's also the most annoying part of her series'.