PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Fans? anyone

Erdrick Holmes
03-16-2005, 05:03 AM
Anybody here like the old Phantasy Star games for the Genesis? I love them, in my opinion, they are the best RPG series ever made. I'm dedicated to playing these games, it took me ten years to beat PSII. Rightn ow I'm playing IV and enjoying it.

Also, if anybody has a PSIV Genesis cartridge lying around let me know, I may work out a deal for it.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-16-2005, 05:33 AM
I've only played Phantasy Star Online Episodes I-III.

I and II weren't too bad, but they got horribly repetitive after awhile. The story was interesting, I really wish they'd have explored more of it.

Episode III was an overhyped minigame.

Yuzuki130
03-16-2005, 05:41 AM
I've played the beginning of IV! You're sig pic is great!

Dreddz
03-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Friends got PS for gamecube.I enjoy playing them but only get to when I go over to his house.
Got a magic guy level 27 sumin.hee hee he has pom poms

LH
03-16-2005, 10:20 PM
I played Phantasy Star Online when it came out for literally hundreds of hours. Besides Halo 2, PSO is my only online gaming experience, and it came right at the right time for me. I started playing it one summer in high school, so I had absolutely no responsibilities whatsoever so I could stay up all night with a friend of mine. Good times there, probably some of my favorite gaming moments.

Just recently I beat PS4 for Genesis. It's ahead of its time, yada yada, like everyone says, but there really weren't many memorable moments that distinguish the game as being above its competetion. It's been about three or four years since my last playthrough of Xenogears and I can vividly remember certain sequences. Somehow PS4 isn't as memorable, but all in all it was pretty good, considering how old it is.

Lord Chainsaw
03-18-2005, 06:51 AM
The old Phantasy Stars are great games. I enjoyed playing through Phantasy Star 2, but there was something about the system that PO'ed me. I don't remember what it was. I know it had something to do with leveling up and gaining stats.

Where Phantasy Star truly shines in the the PSO series. The greatest change to the series in PSO is by far the battle system. I'm one that will take real time battles over turn-based battles any day of the week, so that really helps.

Story might not be as good in PSO, but because it is a multiplayer RPG, it does not have to abide by the same rules as regular offline RPGs when it comes to an acceptable storyline.

Hundreds and hundreds of hours of fun. PSO has been my greatest online experience with a video game, period. Great series, and I can't wait for Blue Burst to hit America this Spring.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-18-2005, 07:13 AM
I rather liked the PSO storyline if for no other reason then I started speculating endlessly about where it could go. I then came up with my own continuation of the storyline for it that I must say is infinitely better than what they did with that damned C.A.R.D. Revolution.

wuglendei
03-18-2005, 11:53 AM
i Got PS for the GBA its PS 1 2 3 and i have to say...the second one was my favorite tho i didnt beat it...nor got really far in it. The battles were...well sotmhin POd me when i played em.....and like leveling was a bitch. HeHe Hey are there n e other phantasy stars? Tell me ho wmany thee are

Super Christ
03-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Phantasy Star 1 and 4 were the best. 2 was great too. 3... let's just pretend that one never happened.

Hopefully this Phantasy Star Universe thing Sega announced last E3 ends up being Phantasy Star 5.

Erdrick Holmes
03-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Actaully, PSU is a prequel to II. It takes place 18 years after Alis slain Lassic and destroyed Dark Falz (Phantasy Star 1)

wuglendei
03-18-2005, 10:34 PM
I hated the third one..why was that one soo different? Was it like created by a different devloper? O and what is PS4 for?

Erdrick Holmes
03-18-2005, 10:58 PM
PSIV is on the Sega Genesis but Sega is planning on remaking II and IV for the PS2.

wuglendei
03-18-2005, 11:16 PM
I doubt that sega would make phantasy star for the ps2...there with NINTENDO...they do not make games for ps2 and microsoft. Though its possible i jus havent heard about sega with sony in a long time..

Erdrick Holmes
03-18-2005, 11:17 PM
Sega makes games for all three consoles. They made Sonic Heroes on all 3 consoles, and they made PSO on Gamecube ad XBox.

crashNUMBERS
03-18-2005, 11:40 PM
I only played onlinne 1 and 2...

Super Christ
03-19-2005, 06:20 AM
In america at least, PS I, II, and IV are being released for the PS2 in one package. Too bad no real release date's been announced, it was *supposed* to be march 1st, but the company doing the remakes has been slacking.

Erdrick Holmes
03-19-2005, 09:53 PM
They'll be releasing all of those. If its on Seperate discs then it probably won't happen, but if it's all on one disc then it's all good.

EDIT: http://ps2.ign.com/objects/686/686588.html

Looks like on one disc, thank got PSIII isn't on this.

Craig
03-19-2005, 10:08 PM
I've got a copy of PSIII here, someone let me borrow it when I got my Megadrive a couple of months ago. I haven't even bothered to plug the Megadrive in yet. Do you think I should?

Erdrick Holmes
03-19-2005, 10:11 PM
NO, GIVE IT TO ME!!!!! I WANT IT

Craig
03-19-2005, 10:11 PM
I'll take that as a "yes, play it"

Erdrick Holmes
03-20-2005, 02:55 AM
No, PSIII is the worst PS game, I don't want you to play it. Give me the cartridge so I amy... properly excecute it...