PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate this game?

Wishwash
03-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Personally this is my favorite final fantasy. But why does everyone hate it, I mean a hear people say it to hard, but how can that make a game crap, and lets face it, it not that hard.(i think VI is harder). From when I first played it I was hooked and I still am now.

Martyr
03-16-2005, 10:06 PM
First off, it's a lot harder than VI.

Second off, the game has dialogue that is so bad it nearly ruins the experience.

Third off, that's about it. It's a perfectly fine game, and definately worth playing. The problem lies wholly in the butchery of their backward attempts at charcter development.

strawberryman
03-16-2005, 10:16 PM
The job system is awesome. :D

Ultima Shadow
03-16-2005, 10:47 PM
I love this game and it's absolutely not too hard. I'm currently playing it without using the "ability" command and without any kind of equipment at all... and I still think it's a bit too easy. Anyway... a hard game is better than an easy game in my opinion. And FFV actually have a some intressting battles. As for storyline, gameplay, characters etc... I think the gameplay is amazing, the characters are not as great as those in FFVI but still very good, the story is entertaining, cool, awesome and fun and the music is, while not the best in the series, still awesome. :cool:

There's absolutely nothing wrong about this game. :)

Crazy the Clown
03-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Gotta quote my dawg, Strong Bad, about this game. "Holy, holy, holy, holy, holy crap!" That's how fun this game is.

The job system is fresh, the summoned creatures kick all ass, and though the dialogue's f'ed up, so what? It's been bad in Final Fantasy IV for the Super NES, and that didn't stop me from thinking that game was dooooope!

rubah
03-16-2005, 11:35 PM
They can't accept that one of the main characters can have a heart warming laugh, compared to the crapping-yourself laugh that is Kefka's.

galuf's laugh warms my heart.

Sepho
03-17-2005, 12:55 AM
Well, there is an active forum dedicated to it, and the series continued following FFV, so I can assure you that not every one hates it.

The story should be ignored altogether. I suppose I shouldn't say that, but I wouldn't go into it expecting an epic. It's major pro, and the biggest contribution to its fun factor, is the Job System - I love it. One could play for hours trying to earn the AP to master jobs.

Destination0
03-17-2005, 01:10 AM
I dont think people hate this game...
its on of those underrated game I would say....or perhaps people are so bussy discussing FFVII that they dont care about any other game...
I really like this game...
job system rocks!!!

XxSephirothxX
03-17-2005, 01:17 AM
Honestly, I can't think of a time I've heard someone say they hate it. :/

Shadow8017
03-17-2005, 02:18 AM
this game was hella-hard ... I was probably the most excited on beating the final boss in this game than any other final fantasy to date ... let's just say it took me a few tries=p Anyway it was the first final fantasy with the job class system that has been seen in games like fftactics and ffxi which is cool. But it lacks that "epic" feel that FFVI and beyond have ... the story is basically the same tune we've heard over and over again ... power of the crystals is ebbing away ... evil dude wants to reduce the world to darkness.. ya u get the picture ;)

rubah
03-17-2005, 02:49 AM
How exactly is it hard?

Maybe it's because I played it with an emulator, but it was the first one I played, and I had more trouble with a lot of the later games more than this one. . .

(of course I used liberal walkthroughs too, but still, that goes for the later games as well.)

Excelsior
03-17-2005, 05:28 AM
i thought this game was ridicoulously hard. i didnt even beat it! got to N-zone and then sucked to much to continue. id say its the 2nd hardest, after 2. and people didnt like the plot or dialogue? i dont remember anything bad about the dialougue (i loved the dialougue in 4 as well though...)

Martyr
03-17-2005, 03:24 PM
The plot was fine. I guess the dialogue made more sense than 4.

But, good grief, those little bit scenes were so anticlimactic! I hated it! I couldn't stand it! There were so many cuyt scenes where everybody was suddenly overcome by some treacherous problem, my favorite on to mention being when Reina ate the Hiryuu weed and got poisoned, and then... And then... It all solves itself! Way too much ado about nothing Way too often.

A horrible thing to do to a game. Sabotage it like that so people who enjoy RPGs for story as well as play will have less fun.

Other than that, it was a great game. It wasn't too hard. It was harder than VI, but VI was really easy. And it had the cool class system and it had Galuf. Galuf is one of the most major plusses to the entire Final Fantasy series. Because Bartz, Reina, and even Faris were kind of dud/stereotypical/devoid of personality characters, he really shines.

Aeritho
03-17-2005, 03:34 PM
I've played FFV and I like it, it's very special

Ultima Shadow
03-17-2005, 04:08 PM
But, good grief, those little bit scenes were so anticlimactic! I hated it! I couldn't stand it! There were so many cuyt scenes where everybody was suddenly overcome by some treacherous problem, my favorite on to mention being when Reina ate the Hiryuu weed and got poisoned, and then... And then... It all solves itself! Way too much ado about nothing Way too often.

Well, I find it pretty humorous. :D Bartz even says something like "Geez... everyone is overdoing it" at the point where Reina eats Hiryuu weed. Not really "the joke of the year", but good enough for a small laugh. :p

Martyr
03-17-2005, 05:02 PM
I've played FFV and I like it, it's very special

My daddy says that I'm special too.

Necronopticous
03-17-2005, 05:40 PM
It was my least favorite game in the series but I still fully enjoyed it. After all, if it wasn't for Final Fantasy V I might not have ever gotten to see Rikku in all of those adorable costumes in X-2

Blackmageboi
03-17-2005, 07:59 PM
well....the dialogue is terrible i have stuff like G6Hui when the enimy monster attacks!! and after a while we learn to hate bartz/butz cos hes surrounded my girls yet cant flirt!

Mo-Nercy
03-17-2005, 09:26 PM
I found it fun. The class system was good enough to keep me playing al the way to the end. Highlight of the game was definitely Lenna in a monk outfit.

rubah
03-17-2005, 11:03 PM
I dunno, galuf looks awful nice as a dragoon.

can't. . . keep. . .straight face..

And no one's told me what specifically makes it hard-_-

strawberryman
03-18-2005, 12:44 AM
I dunno, galuf looks awful nice as a dragoon.

can't. . . keep. . .straight face..

And no one's told me what specifically makes it hard-_-
Faris is hot in her Black mage costume. :love:

eestlinc
03-18-2005, 01:19 AM
this game owns. the job system is the best.

FF5~Truly~The~Best
03-20-2005, 01:44 PM
There was only ONE problem...
At the end of the Game 3 of your Peoples were Girls. 1 Boy. :cry:

Saint_007
03-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Faris is hot in her Black mage costume. :love:
BM costume? Pffftt... I liked her Mystic Knight costume better...and I'm hopelessly in love with her Ninja outfit... so badass yet so sexy at the same time... eat THAT Mai Shiranui !! :D

Takara
03-25-2005, 12:40 PM
Let's not forget her dancer costume too.

I didn't hate the game. It's not my favourite, but it's far from being my least favourite. I thought the job system was the best.

Ultima Shadow
03-25-2005, 03:39 PM
There was only ONE problem...
At the end of the Game 3 of your Peoples were Girls. 1 Boy. :cry:
What's wrong with that?
Even though I miss Galuf, there's nothing wrong with the fact that there's 3 girls and only 1 boy. :greenie:

Jack - Blademaster
03-29-2005, 11:38 AM
This is an excellent game.It took a month for me to reveal all its secrets.And it was ancestor of FFT - one of the best games I've ever played.

Gwelenguchenkus
04-01-2005, 02:26 AM
This has to be the only game where, at the end of the game, you save the world with one guy and three princesses. Wild.

beema
04-18-2005, 01:48 AM
The only reason I hate it is because of the ludicrous amount of jobs there are to master and how long it takes to master them all. Everything else about it is great.

PearlRose
04-19-2005, 01:13 AM
I liked the Job System well enough, although I kind of goofed and didn't level up some very useful abilites until wayyyyyyyyyy late in the game. ^^;

The downfall of V for me was the characters. Nothing against them, but when compared to the IV and VI character counterparts on the NES.. they fall a bit flat. I think a better dialogue translation would probably make this better. It's hard for me to explain...the initial characterization was good.... but it was missing something for me.

It's by no means a bad game, but it's not one of my favorites.

Chris
04-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Definitely one of my favorite FF games.
The job system is very useful and it has an adequate story as well, my only complain is... Bartz! What a sucker.

Stop picking on FF5. :mad2:

Zante
04-19-2005, 02:10 PM
I didnt like the characters and the story was dull at some moments, but other than that it was OK for an oldtimer.

Fire_Emblem776
04-21-2005, 11:39 PM
this game was hella-hard ... I was probably the most excited on beating the final boss in this game than any other final fantasy to date ... let's just say it took me a few tries=p Anyway it was the first final fantasy with the job class system that has been seen in games like fftactics and ffxi which is cool. But it lacks that "epic" feel that FFVI and beyond have ... the story is basically the same tune we've heard over and over again ... power of the crystals is ebbing away ... evil dude

the jobs apperd in ff 3 nes. its kick as suumon manog on nes is fuuny.
and so many jobs that no longer exisr

KentaRawr!
04-22-2005, 12:38 AM
I saw some spoilers in here I didn't want to see... :cry:

Anyways, this is a really good FF game. ^_^ I like the Job System alot. Some of the things NPC's say are funny.

Sketch Turner
05-08-2005, 01:32 AM
I'd like to say that FFV has always been and will always be my favorite FF ever...and believe me, I've played and own all except the original III(NOT VI), and FFXI.
What do I like about the game? First of all, the simplicity. You know when you'll level up, you can't get too lost, etc.
I absolutely love the job class system and think its the best out of any FF.
Your party is PRETTY MUCH set, so there aren't too many deaths...which is good, because you'll never have to worry about the constant person you like dying.
I find the music very catchy, and the levels appealing.
The summons are plenty and quite cool.
Oh yeah, and Gilgamesh totally kicks butt!!!

Dreddz
05-08-2005, 10:38 AM
This is my favourite FF at the moment and ive never heard/seen anyone saying that they hate the game. But I thought the Job system in FF3 was just a little better

Buccura
05-09-2005, 01:21 AM
I love V. Not one of my favorites, but the job system is still freaking awesome.

oww my gastric bypass!
05-09-2005, 05:59 AM
I didn't hate this game I liked it! The chocobos were cool! It was hard but!

Excelsior
05-12-2005, 05:58 AM
i dont get why people think it has a bad script. i didnt think the script was any worse then...well...FF 6. :greenie: (seriously. that game was just o.k.nothing special.)

Mi-Chan
05-13-2005, 03:53 AM
FFV is great to play casually, I'd say. The lack of story kinda pushed me away a bit...

Liked the job system, chocobos, music and the sheep. There were sheep.. right? I'm no trying to be insulting. It's not my favorite, but its definately worth playing. :]

Classic Axe
05-17-2005, 08:10 AM
FF5's biggest fault is that the villain is kind of onesided and that there is a lack of mystery to him. It is made up for with the 'cleft of dimensions' (the X-zone) being in the game, but sometimes the conflict of the game seems sort of empty. It's too bad, since this has probably the biggest assault scene of any of the games ( I mean the attack on Exdeath tower from the sea.....FF4 had that Giant of Babel thing, but it was done with in a hurry).

Oh yeah, Butz > Bartz

Cyraniel
05-18-2005, 12:50 AM
I thought it had one of the best stories, and I've played all the FFs. The characters were somewhat dull though, except Galuf... Why God... er X-Death! Why did you take him from me!

MoonZapdos
05-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Damn you, FF5 is a great game. One of my Final Favourites.