PDA

View Full Version : Just beat it-I dont understand the ending fully (**major spoilers**)

/Ifrit/
03-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Okay. Let me just start off my saying this was the best RPG ive ever played. The story line was just soo deep it was unbelivable. The first game in my life I actually had feelings during the game play. Just terrific like I can't even say.

Anyways, I dont really get the part about Titus having to jump off the platform. He was also invisible before that part. Why exacly did that happen. Why did he die?

Ichimonji
03-17-2005, 01:20 AM
If you don't know why he jumped off the platform or why he was invisible, then you didn't really pay attention to the story from Mt. Gagazet onwards. He's a dream of the Fayth.

Spammerman
03-17-2005, 01:25 AM
WAAAA???? i only got to right in teh middle of the battle wit sancuary keeper

/Ifrit/
03-17-2005, 01:28 AM
If you don't know why he jumped off the platform or why he was invisible, then you didn't really pay attention to the story from Mt. Gagazet onwards. He's a dream of the Fayth.

Oh yeahhhhhhhhh. I remember now. But I still dont really understand fully. Why was he told that. Why was HE a dream of the Fayth. Why not someone else instead of him?

Spammerman
03-17-2005, 01:29 AM
in lamens turn your telling u hes not real?

Ichimonji
03-17-2005, 01:29 AM
WAAAA???? i only got to right in teh middle of the battle wit sancuary keeper

Hense the fact that the thread title says "(**major spoilers**)"

Oh yeahhhhhhhhh. I remember now. But I still dont really understand fully. Why was he told that. Why was HE a dream of the Fayth. Why not someone else instead of him?

Because he's the main character.

Spammerman
03-17-2005, 01:34 AM
Hense the fact that the thread title says "(**major spoilers**)"

not wwwwwwaaaaaa i mean its confusong.If hes ont real then howd he kill fiends

/Ifrit/
03-17-2005, 01:38 AM
Okay, just one more question. Why did it have to happen at that point and time in the game. Why not before that moment. Sorry if these questions are dumb, but im trying to learn it 100%.

Ichimonji
03-17-2005, 01:40 AM
not wwwwwwaaaaaa i mean its confusong.If hes ont real then howd he kill fiends

Okay, listen. He is real. He's as real as everybody else. He's a summoned creature basically, just like the Aeons. And they're real, aren't they?

Okay, just one more question. Why did it have to happen at that point and time in the game. Why not before that moment. Sorry if these questions are dumb, but im trying to learn it 100%.

Because it's near the end of the game and they need a cliffhanger.

Shadow8017
03-17-2005, 01:40 AM
yeah no offense but you clearly have no grasp of the storyline what-so-ever ... u need to replay it again and pay very close attention to everything the old storyteller, maechen, has to say. Basically when zanarkand lost the war to bevelle, the citizens all became fayth and dreamt the city of zanarkand in order to preserve its memory while yu yevon inside of "sin" performed the constant summoning (so when u defeat yu yevon at the end guess what happens to the dream of zanarkand? Right, it fades into nothing, which is what happens to Tidus. When jecht became sin he went to this "dreamworld" of zanarkand in order to guide tidus on his journey to end it ... any "real" person would have been killed in the process but both tidus and auron were both just a collection of pyreflies =p anyway it'd take a book to explain everything. replay it.

Spammerman
03-17-2005, 01:44 AM
So it goes liek this
1.zanarkand and bevelle have war
2. zanarkand loses,its ppl are turned to fayth
3. yu yevon makes constant summonin and when u beat him zanarkand goes away
Then tidus goes away too.
is that it?

/Ifrit/
03-17-2005, 01:47 AM
yeah no offense but you clearly have no grasp of the storyline what-so-ever ... u need to replay it again and pay very close attention to everything the old storyteller, maechen, has to say. Basically when zanarkand lost the war to bevelle, the citizens all became fayth and dreamt the city of zanarkand in order to preserve its memory while yu yevon inside of "sin" performed the constant summoning (so when u defeat yu yevon at the end guess what happens to the dream of zanarkand? Right, it fades into nothing, which is what happens to Tidus. When jecht became sin he went to this "dreamworld" of zanarkand in order to guide tidus on his journey to end it ... any "real" person would have been killed in the process but both tidus and auron were both just a collection of pyreflies =p anyway it'd take a book to explain everything. replay it.

Okay. Thanks for the recap.

rubah
03-17-2005, 02:32 AM
The reason it happens when it does is that up until that point, tidus and his friends suffer the delusion that there is a good way to kill sin. So, because he still thought that when he was in bahamut's chamber of the fayth, it didn't occur to them that the fayth could have suggestions for doing away with sin.

So when they went to ask the high maester, he couldn't help them, and the fayth told them that they had plans anyways, so it didn't matter.

Jecht was pulled from the dream Zanarkand by the sin before him, which is why I prefer to think that Jecht is the 'chosen one' in the game. Like how the light warriors are all prophesied about, except Jecht isn't the hero, that's Tidus. But he was chosen, and it just took his son to fulfill everything.

And auron was able to go to Zanarkand to fetch tidus because he was dead.

Turn me on, deadman.

anvil
03-17-2005, 07:04 AM
urrm...still blurr blurrr..
why the story so complicated???
how do you know the story clearly??

DocFrance
03-17-2005, 01:51 PM
The Wanker dies in the end. That's all you need to know.

amratis
03-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Succint, but he's not *really* dead though is he.

Ultimate99997
03-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Succint, but he's not *really* dead though is he.
he may not be dead because the bahamut fayth tells Tidus that 'they will see what they can do'.
I also seem to remember them saying that to Tidus that he is now more than just a dream.
What the fayth obviouslt try to do is arrange a way that they can bring Tidus back into being in some way or another. It is never actually known whether he is able to come back to spira in physical form forever because in ffx-2 100% tidus and Yuna have a converstaion about how tidus thinks he was brought back. He says that he is not sure and that it could have been something to do with the will of the fayth or something to do with pyreflies. We are also left in a cliffhanger because we never know if Tidus is able to stay with Yuna - he simly requests that Yuna makes the most of it.

youk
03-17-2005, 06:54 PM
the story is easy
tidus lived in zanarkand past ok?

but zanarkand has lost a war and becaus the peapol where turned into a faith the were able to keep there zanarkand alive ok?

so some one summond this faith and the faith were the peapol of zanarkand so they summon zanarkan ok?

and because tidus was in that zanarkand he became part of there dream cause the form of the aeon is the dream of a faith ok?

so when the faith's where sent to rest cause sin was no moren thanks to you're hard work they sent the faith to rest so the faith of the peopole of zanarkand(the dream of them where tidus is part of)where going to fade away to that's why tidus was invisble at the ending en so he could jump off the ship cause he was almost gone and he end up in the fare plane

do you now understand

Spiffing Cheese
03-17-2005, 07:19 PM

I get that he was a dream, but surely he didn't have to jump? Wouldn't he just disappear?

Or did he want to, you know, go out with a bang?

Ichimonji
03-17-2005, 07:31 PM
There wasn't much he could do just standing there. I'm sure that both Tidus and Yuna were feeling immense pain, so he used his last amount of strenght to hug her... Then he jumped off to get it over with.

youk
03-17-2005, 07:55 PM
yeah it will be something like that

DeBlayde
03-17-2005, 08:15 PM
slowly fading away is boring.

jumping off an airship is dramatic.

Spiffing Cheese
03-17-2005, 09:18 PM
How come he floated when he jumped? He, like, fell REALLY slowly!

Squall of SeeD
03-17-2005, 09:24 PM
the story is easy
tidus lived in zanarkand past ok?

but zanarkand has lost a war and becaus the peapol where turned into a faith the were able to keep there zanarkand alive ok?

so some one summond this faith and the faith were the peapol of zanarkand so they summon zanarkan ok?

and because tidus was in that zanarkand he became part of there dream cause the form of the aeon is the dream of a faith ok?

so when the faith's where sent to rest cause sin was no moren thanks to you're hard work they sent the faith to rest so the faith of the peopole of zanarkand(the dream of them where tidus is part of)where going to fade away to that's why tidus was invisble at the ending en so he could jump off the ship cause he was almost gone and he end up in the fare plane

do you now understand

It's not implied that Tidus had lived in the Zanarkand of 1,000 years past. Time passes the same in Dream Zanarkand as it does in Spira (for example, 10 years from the time that Jecht had vanished from Dream Zanarkand and 10 years since Jecht had arrived in Spira and gone on the Pilgrimage with Braska and Auron), meaning 1,000 years would have also passed in Dream Zanarkand since it was formed.

Tidus was, perhaps, descended from (Final Fantasy X-2 Spoiler) Dream Shuyin, as there would have likely been a Dream form of him when the Fayth recreated the Zanarkand they had known, but it's not confirmed.

anvil
03-18-2005, 12:33 AM
now i understand more...thank you!
actually, i'd played ff-10 long long time ago..
so, i might forget something important

Spiffing Cheese
03-22-2005, 09:46 PM
The Wanker dies in the end. That's all you need to know.

Wanker???????????? Tidus is NOT a wanker!!

If we're getting technical, then Tidus DID die. He was in the farplane at the end, where he slapped Jecht's hand, and (presumably) then disappeared.

Kiwi Nazi
03-24-2005, 04:12 PM
The ending sucked, that's all you need to know, the rest of X really kicked ass.