PDA

View Full Version : ff connections

claw
03-17-2005, 01:22 AM
:confused: I wonder if all final fantasy games are somehow connected to each other in some way? like all characters are re-incarnations of players in other versions. :confused:

DocFrance
03-17-2005, 03:09 AM
No.

udsuna
03-17-2005, 03:11 AM
Nope, almost all the Final Fantasies are entirely autonomous (aside from the creators, who are almost all the same for every last one). The exceptions to this autonomy are: X-2, a true sequel; Tactics, which was just irritating about that; and Dirge of Cerebus, which will also be a direct sequel. Not to mention KH... which... I'm not even remotely sure what THAT was, and I beat the damned thing.

rubah
03-17-2005, 03:18 AM
No.

abrojtm
03-17-2005, 04:16 AM
Shinra in FFX-2 makes mention of taking out the planet's life and using it for energy. This is a reference to FFVII, but it is unknown whether or not they are directly correlated. Hey, perhaps the Al Bhed are really the Ancients.

DarkLadyNyara
03-17-2005, 03:18 PM
The creators enjoy putting in references to other games, but it would be far too awkward to connect them all.

Masamune·1600
03-19-2005, 05:32 AM
Shinra in FFX-2 makes mention of taking out the planet's life and using it for energy. This is a reference to FFVII, but it is unknown whether or not they are directly correlated. Hey, perhaps the Al Bhed are really the Ancients.

There's no actual correlation; it's just a reference. Here's something interesting, though: in FFVII, if you watch the TV in the basement of 7th Heaven, you can see a report on the screen. The header proclaims "SIN" and the reporter looks suspiciously like an Al Bhed.

Again, however, let me restate that there is no direct connection between those or any other FF's.