PDA

View Full Version : Vagrant Story / Parasite Eve/Eye (Not Sure :/)

rubicant
03-17-2005, 02:36 AM
I would like to know what these games are about and what their battle systems are like. Are they anything like Final Fantasy's? I saw Parasite Eve/Eye at Eb for $10 and Vagrant Story at Wal-Mart for $40.

Alice
03-17-2005, 03:02 AM
parasite eve is up there with some of the very best of the games, it was in fact my first RPG and i love it! (the name is eve, as in adam and eve) the game also led me to buy the movie, and the book, and the sequel to the game (which isnt really worth it unless u wanna look at kick as graphics)

Vagrant Story.. its ok.. not worth 40$ though!! Its playable.. a bit boring to being with but i hear it picks up, as for me i never could get very far cuz id get distracted with other things like watching the paint dry... but its different for everyone.

Parasite eve can get a bit boring too for some people because of the gameplay but I love it.. ive beatin it 6 times.. i fell asleep he last time i played though in the middle of a battle and i died.. :( but eh. The fighting system is probably one of the most revolutionary is really awesome, it kicks @$$ i definitely suggest you get it dude

Sin
04-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Yeah, Parasite Eve is one of my personal favourites. Although I never did do the Chrysler Building...

Anyway, yeah, exactly what Alice said. Awesome game, awesome story, great gameplay and such.

the game also led me to buy the movie

I didn't know there was a movie x.x You must elaborate! Meanwhile, I'm searching diligently for the book...

Dreddz
04-08-2005, 08:14 PM
I havent played Parasite but Ive got Vagrant Story.
Its ok but I used to despise it. It is bad at the beginning if you never played a game like this and if you are expecting A FF clone you, better look somewere else

Chris
04-08-2005, 09:53 PM
Parasite Eve is definitely worth a buy, or at least a rent.
Vagrant Story is horrible, do not, and I say DO NOT buy that game.

Lord Chainsaw
04-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Parasite Eve is a pretty average game. The battle system is similar to Vagrant Story, although it is a whole lot easier to understand, and there's no messy affinities to deal with. I applaud the modern setting, and wish more RPGs would venture into this territory, but other than that it really isn't anything special.

Vagrant Story is one of the most well done games I've ever played. In fact, it is the third most well done game I've ever played. It has a very steep learning curve, but the story is absolutely fantastic. It does not surprise me that many consider this a bad game, because many do not put in the necessary time or devotion to get through to the meat of the game. Beautiful, gripping characters right out of Shakespeare. Literally, right out of Shakespeare. Wonderfully done dialogue that makes you feel like you're in medieval France. If you're a fan of Matsuno's medieval tales (Final Fantasy Tactics and the upcoming Final Fantasy XII) and make a conscious effort to learn the ropes of the game, you won't be disappointed with Vagrant Story come the final roll of the credits.

I cannot make a higher recommendation than Vagrant Story; however, I am warning that this is no walk in the park RPG. If you consider yourself a softcore gamer you may want to stick with the main Final Fantasy series and Parasite Eve over this. Vagrant Story is one of those situations where the journey is far more difficult, but the payoff is far greater.

Shoeberto
04-09-2005, 04:07 AM
Vagrant Story is great if you're a truly hardcore RPG fan. I mean, really freaking hardcore. The gameplay is tougher than crap and unless you're really persistant, you'll never make it through it.

The story was pretty cool, but it was too tough for me and I never got anywhere.

Zifnab
04-09-2005, 10:29 PM
I played through Vagrant Story once years ago, and I remember being incredibly impressed with it, and overall enjoying the experience. I recently got around to trying to replay it, and I'm just finding it frustrating. Basically, the more combos you string together, the greater your Risk rating, and the greater your Risk rating the more frequently your attacks miss. Nothing pisses me off more in an RPG than attacks missing too often. I'll have to finish it again sometime, though.

DJZen
04-09-2005, 10:36 PM
They're both good, I liked Vagrant Story more though. Just the gameplay overall.

Necronopticous
04-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Please refer to Lord Chainsaw.

My name is...something..?
04-09-2005, 11:45 PM
I like Vagrant Story more, it took me a while to really get into it, but once I did I couldn't stop playing it

chionos
04-10-2005, 06:34 AM
Please refer to Necronopticous^^