PDA

View Full Version : Movies that made you cry.

Rye
03-17-2005, 02:57 AM
What movie(s) have made you cry? I love tear-jerkers. My two favourite movies are movies that have made me cry. I'll name those two, because nearly ever movie designed to make someone cry, has made me cry.

-Big Fish
-The Notebook

Big Fish is an amazing and underrated movie. The ending made me cry, but it's a generally upbeat and very magical type of movie.

The Notebook is just beautiful. The ending was so sad, but so happy for some reasons. It was so sad that the old lady and man (Old Noah and Alli) died, but they died together. I was really crying when Old Ali was dancing with Old Noah, and she forgot that she was in love with him because she has Alhiemers (however it's spelt) and she starts screaming and Old Noah starts sobbing.

Erdrick Holmes
03-17-2005, 03:02 AM
Street Fighter. A movie so bad it made me cry.

DMKA
03-17-2005, 03:05 AM
Voices of a Distant Star

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/devilmaykickass/000_0975_small.jpg

It's an independent, animated film, made by a guy at home, on a G3 Macintosh, with the aid of his wife for voice acting and such. Everything, including the stunning music was home made. When you watch it, it's impossible to believe, because the art and music is of higher quality and par than that of most companies' productions. It's such a great film, it's made it's way into the hands of commercial entities and to the shores of several different countries. If you can keep from crying when watching this, I salute you, because I've found it to be impossible.

I HIGHLY recommend it.

Rusty
03-17-2005, 03:33 AM
The only movie I can remember shedding a tear for was 'Selena'. That was such a beautiful movie.

Dingo Jellybean
03-17-2005, 03:54 AM
Ghost
Bambi

Leeza
03-17-2005, 04:00 AM
Bridges of Madison County

Luc
03-17-2005, 04:30 AM
Bambi.

Rye
03-17-2005, 11:48 AM
How could I forgot Bambi! I was about 5 years old then and when I asked my Mom what happened to Bambi's mom, she said she went groccery shopping and would be back after the movie.

gokufusionss1
03-17-2005, 12:16 PM
i never got the bambi thing, as a kid watching it when the mother dies i though "good shot".

Xander
03-17-2005, 12:28 PM
The movie that has made me cry the most - My Girl. I couldn't stop crying even way after the film had ended it was that bad.

Edward Scissorhands and Homeward Bound are the other two films that always make me cry. Most recently, I think the last film that made me cry was 50 First Dates. Just the whole subject of that is really sad and the way it has to end.

remi07
03-17-2005, 03:26 PM
I hardly ever cry during movies but when i do I cry bawl like a freakin baby.

Brave Heart
The Pianist: Which is really good movie by the way.
A Walk to Remember
And any movie where and animal gets killed or hurt like Bingo, Bambi, Old Yeller

Aeritho
03-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Titanic

Strider
03-17-2005, 03:44 PM
The only movie that's ever made me cry was The Passion of the Christ. And good Lord, I cried a lot.

Rye
03-17-2005, 07:40 PM
Passion of the Christ was very emotional, but I was more frightened then upset. The things that make me cry in movies always have to do with love, so that might be it.

Miriel
03-17-2005, 07:42 PM
I cried buckets throughout all of Return of the King. Seriously, you have no idea how hard I was sobbing during the Grey Havens scene.

I tend to cry a lot when watching movies, and I enjoy it. If I'm ever in need of pouring out my emotions, I'll grab a sad movie and just have at it.

So the list of movies that make me cry is ridiculously long. I mean, even the Pokemon movie made me cry. :p

Movies like Moulin Rouge, Finding Neverland, Remember the Titans, What Dreams May Come and Little Women make me cry in a good way.

And then there are movies like Schindler's List, Grave of the Fireflies, Dancer in the Dark and Requiem for a Dream that make me cry in that gutwrenching, tear your heart out, sorta way.

The most recent movie to make me cry was Vera Drake. Poor Vera :(

kagome sama
03-17-2005, 09:57 PM
Bambi and I am Sam :cry:

Kirobaito
03-17-2005, 09:59 PM
<i>My Dog Skip</i>.

Dreddz
03-17-2005, 10:11 PM
Loads.......

Stand By Me
Beaches
Ghost
Terminator 2 ( bit were he has to kill himself )
Green Mile
My girl
Leon

All sad movies but My Girl is by far the most upsetting

muchacho
03-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Bambi and I am Sam :cry:

even ill admit to tearingup during that movie.

i dont really cry during movies, except ^ that one.

Chris
03-17-2005, 11:32 PM
I don't usually cry to movies, unless I'm sad. :confused:

Anyways, here are some of the movies I usually cry to (when I'm not sad) :(

- Not Without My Daughter
- The Color Purple
- As Good As It Gets

~red.foxx~
03-17-2005, 11:32 PM
Forrest Gump, Fluke and the same as doomsday The Green Mile ( i love Tom Hanks) :whimper:

Chris
03-17-2005, 11:34 PM
<i>My Dog Skip</i>.

That movie disturbed me in so many ways.

Yet to this day I'm not capable of lookin' at dogs. :(

Yew-Yevon
03-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Watch "Nossica of the vally of the wind" ........ it was quite moveing for me

YunaGirl05
03-18-2005, 12:13 AM
Titanic

fire_of_avalon
03-18-2005, 01:12 AM
I'll admit, when I first saw Titanic it made me cry. But I was 12. So nyah.

Lesse. The Green Mile
Forrest Gump
The Last Samurai (there's another story, but too personal)
The Return of the King (Miriel knows the score. Ohhh I cryyyyy)
I actually get a little misty during Kill Bill, volume 2.
Signs
That's all I can think of right now. :/

Rye
03-18-2005, 01:16 AM
I am Sam and John Q made me cry. The end of Bicenntenial Man had me crying hysterically. I was only about 10, though.

Psychotic
03-18-2005, 01:25 AM
I've never cried at a movie, but I have got misty-eyed at some scenes in some movies. I'll spoiler tag them for you all :D

Gladiator (When Maximus dies and you see him slowly walking home and being reuinted with his murdered wife and child)
Forrest Gump (When Forrest describes all of the beautiful things he has seen and Jenny says "I wish I could have been there" and he replies "You were")

I think that's it, actually. But I've yet to find a movie that could actually make me cry rather than get misty-eyed...but this sentence was just a macho disclaimer. :p

cloud20747
03-18-2005, 02:39 AM
House of the Dead I cried because those 7 dollars could have been used for something better.

But seriously The Green Mile and I can't remember but as soon as I do I'll post it!

kikimm
03-18-2005, 03:31 AM
Voices of a Distant Star.

I REALLY want to see that. I think I'll go rent it.

But to answer the question, there's Return of the King, for a start. The last half hour or so, my eyes never got dry.

Oh---Millennium Actress. My God. Honestly, almost the entire thing I was in tears....it's so....depressing, but such an excellent movie. Princess Mononoke as well.

The Village. I don't know why, but I cried a lot during that movie as well.

:D

Spammerman
03-18-2005, 04:17 AM
I nvr cry durin movies.UNless u count laughin cryin.Titanic made me laug hso hard i cried.I think it was cause i couldnt breathe cause i was laughin

Montoya
03-18-2005, 04:46 AM
Honestly, I have never cried during a movie. But I was so close during the Passion of the Christ. All that was left was for the tear to fall. :cry:

FallenAngel411
03-18-2005, 04:49 AM
I'm horrible...I cry at the end of almost every movie, even if it ends fine...I don't know why. I can't think of all the movies I've cried at. Ok...Letsee..

Edward Scissorhands (EDDY I LOVE YOUUUU!!!)
Romeo and Juliet (new one with Leo and Clair Danes)
Schindler's List/Diary of Anne Frank (Just thinking about the Holocaust makes me miserable..)
Big Fish (yes, it was a good movie)
Phantom of the Opera (cried buckets for absolutely no reason)
Passion of Christ (WAHHHHHHHH!!!!)
Um--Blow....Spirited Away.....Ever After.....Interview with the Vampire...Bambi....and...well, I can't remember everything. The list goes on and on and on and on and on and on.....

I do remember that I laughed at the end of Titanic though. I mean, she goes, "I'll never let go Jack!" and then..well, she lets him go! Apparently I was the only one who noticed this in the theater, because all the sniffling girls threw me really dirty looks when I started giggling at the saddest part of the movie. I'm so backwards, lol

Yuzuki130
03-18-2005, 04:49 AM
Voices of a Distant Star
OMG, I THINK I LOVE YOU DMKA!!! :love: I cried like a freakin baby throughout that whole anime!

I cried alot at the end of Kill Bill Volume 2 and my friends thought I was stupid for it! I was thinking DON'T KILL HIM, HE STILL LOVES YOU!!!

Rye
03-18-2005, 10:34 PM
The Village. I don't know why, but I cried a lot during that movie as well.

I felt real sad at the end of the movie, I almost cried. I love The Village.

MecaKane
03-18-2005, 10:49 PM
Requiem for a Dream. Painful.
Anyone who said anything else at all is a wuss.
Except for Passion of the Christ.
Mystic River, The House of Sand and Fog, and The Green Mile are also acceptable, as I almost did.

Levian
03-18-2005, 10:53 PM
I've never cried during a movie, unless you count laughing so hard that you get tears in your eyes, because that's happened once or twice. Anyway, the one I can remember is Drop Dead Fred, got that movie had its moments. So funny.

YunaGirl05
03-18-2005, 11:11 PM
titanic
last of the samuri
gladiator
LOTR 3

not really cried just got tears in my eyes.

Ultima Shadow
03-18-2005, 11:33 PM
Gundam SEED.

Spammerman
03-19-2005, 02:22 AM
titanic is a funny movie
Apolo 13 was diaasapointing.I wanted them to burn in a fiery death

Miriel
03-19-2005, 06:56 AM
I'd just like to add Million Dollar Baby to my list of movies that make me cry.

The ending was just so heartbreaking. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/Emoticons01/cry.gif

The Captain
03-19-2005, 07:04 AM
I shed several tears after seeing Hotel Rwanda for starters.

I also grew teary eyed at the conclusion of both Schindler's List and Life Is Beautiful as well as during various points in The Shawshank Redemption.

Also, I shed a few tears of joy after watching Almost Famous, Princess Mononoke, Raging Bull, 2001, Lost In Translation and Return Of The King because each film was made so well and left me with a sense of joy and awe about movies.

Though, I think the most jarring film experience would probably be when I watched Saving Private Ryan the night it opened. I was probably one of the only audience members under 70, and by the end of the film, just about everyone was crying. Many told me afterward that seeing that film both gave them closure and ripped open new wounds. I did not cry that night, but felt like it just because I could feel all the experiences of what must have felt like revisiting the past for many people who had long blocked it out.

Take care all.

Del Murder
03-19-2005, 07:19 AM
I get emotional when I watch Rocky, but I don't really cry.

louby_4eva
03-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Armageddon, I cry every time I watch it, it's just so sad, I'm watching it right now actually, just passed the crying part. I also cried at Con air, there are loads of films that make me cry, can't think of many at the minute though.

Monol
03-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Flubber....*tear* saddest death of ALL TIME....(webbo)
Simon Berch.....no comment *delves in sorrow*
Final Fantasy spirits within!!! (ok just playin :p but it was still sad)
eh and theres probably a couple more...just flubbers the one where i couldnt stop crying for years....*sigh*

Rye
03-19-2005, 01:32 PM
I get emotional when I watch Rocky, but I don't really cry.

Who doesn't? Rocky is awesome.

Spammerman
03-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Armageddon, I cry every time I watch it, it's just so sad, I'm watching it right now actually, just passed the crying part. .

That was a disapointment to.They shoudve burned in a firey death wit the earth

Rye
03-19-2005, 06:45 PM
That was a disapointment to.They shoudve burned in a firey death wit the earth

You sure like to see people burn and die, don't you?

Chris
03-19-2005, 06:49 PM
I cried to Waterworld, simply because it sucked so much.

:(

Only losers enjoy watching that piece of trash.

amratis
03-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Voices of a Distant Star

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/devilmaykickass/000_0975_small.jpg

It's an independent, animated film, made by a guy at home, on a G3 Macintosh, with the aid of his wife for voice acting and such. Everything, including the stunning music was home made. When you watch it, it's impossible to believe, because the art and music is of higher quality and par than that of most companies' productions. It's such a great film, it's made it's way into the hands of commercial entities and to the shores of several different countries. If you can keep from crying when watching this, I salute you, because I've found it to be impossible.

I HIGHLY recommend it.

I've seen this mentioned before and I'm intrigued. Where can I get this in the UK? Should I eBay for it maybe?

On topic. I have to admit I cried at Titantic, really badly too. I was about 14 when it came out :D What else....um, Braveheart, always cry at the end of that. Bram Stokers Dracula always makes me blub me head off at the end. Moulin Rouge, The English Patient, the list goes on, I guess I cry alot at movies :D

edit - After reading a some other mentions by ppl I feel moved to add The Shawshank Redemption to the list. I'll also say City of Angels had me blubbing too

Chris
03-19-2005, 07:33 PM
Bram Stokers Dracula always makes me blub me

That's my favorite movie of ALL TIME.

I cry relentlessly throughout the entire movie.

amratis
03-19-2005, 07:36 PM
Tis good isnt it. If you can ignore the worst english accent ever done in a movie EVER. (Keanu Reeves)

Storm
03-19-2005, 10:56 PM
I cried during "What's Eating Glibert Grape?" when the mother dies at the end. I have no idea why. It just hit me hard.

Craig
03-19-2005, 11:03 PM
I came pretty close to crying during the Green Mile, can't think of any others though.

Jewels
03-19-2005, 11:46 PM
Cried to My Girl when I was like 10, heh. Cried a lot to The Passion of the Christ. And I can't think of any other movies. I know I've cried to a few TV programme episodes, though...

Crazy the Clown
03-20-2005, 05:09 AM
If back when I was 8 counts, Transformers: the Movie. There was this sad scene where the main man, Optimus Prime, dies. It's pretty sad when you see someone you looked up to check out, even if they are cartoons.

The Fallen
03-20-2005, 05:47 AM
I've never really cried at the end of movies. I have cried at the end of a T.V. show before. Back when Michael J. Fox left "Spin City" I was brought to a tear or two. I'm not sure why I did...but I just did.

DMKA
03-20-2005, 05:59 AM
If back when I was 8 counts, Transformers: the Movie. There was this sad scene where the main man, Optimus Prime, dies. It's pretty sad when you see someone you looked up to check out, even if they are cartoons.
And the kid stars crying on top of him? That's a pretty heartbreaking scene. :(

Chris
03-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Tis good isnt it. If you can ignore the worst english accent ever done in a movie EVER. (Keanu Reeves)

That's a minor flaw I've come to accept... but it really is bad though.

:(

boris no no
03-20-2005, 10:22 PM
moulin rouge :cry:
seen it over 20 times. cry each time! :cry:

Mr. Graves
03-21-2005, 04:59 AM
Milo and Otis.

Something about seeing animals go their seperate ways always gets to me. :(

bigbri2k5
03-21-2005, 11:02 AM
I never cry at films. My friends and some other people from school went to watch titanic when it first came out. when the orchestra starts playing as it sinks the girls cried and the boys tried no to, I sat there quite bored

Project G
03-22-2005, 10:36 AM
Jack and Sarah, it's a chick flick but its good

Silmaril
03-22-2005, 03:58 PM
1. Moulin Rouge
2. The Last Samurai.

These movies were so beautiful!!!