PDA

View Full Version : FF mystic quest rom

Arthurdent_78
03-17-2005, 03:42 AM
Does anyone know where a rom might be found for Mystic Quest (that doesn't require a really antiquated emulator, cuz those roms really suck)? I've had a hankering for that game recently and my SNES no longer works, *sob*. Please, let me know, and if you do, you'll be my new best friend. Well...the best friend that I don't mention cuz it's through an internet site's forum...well...um...OK, OK! I'll give you a cookie then! You don't have to be so whiney about it.

Actually, I'll give you three girl scout cookies...I just bought some, I hate when those cute little kids coerce you into buying...with their cuteness and all. But only cuz I'm feeling generous. And don't ask me again...ok, well...maybe you can ask me again.

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.

Sorry about all the cookie stuff. I got kind of stupid there for a bit.

Edit by Xander: What Kishi said.

Dormos
03-18-2005, 02:55 AM
Well, I can't exactly remember where I got my MQ rom, buuuuut...

I used to go a lot to emu.kulichki.net, but that was back when there was a big american flag for all the english-speaking folks right in the middle of the page, and I can't find the engrish page anymore, so....

Now I go to www.cherryroms.com, which is pretty good, if the game you're looking for doesn't have that IDSA protection thinger, which I think MQ did. But I think that there's a European version of it that's named something different, but is the same game without the IDSA protection.

And by the way, I don't know if this'll happen on your computer, but if you're using ZSNES, it might become a little choppy. If it does, just get SNES9x from somewhere, that's how I fixed it on mine.

DJZen
03-18-2005, 07:55 PM
Japanese name: Final Fantasy USA: Mystic Quest
American name: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
European name: Mystic Quest Legend

It's actually really hard to track down a copy of the ROM. For that reason and because this game has no chance of ever being released again, I don't mind telling people where to find it.

You should be able to find it here in about 10 seconds. (http://www.romnation.net)

KoShiatar
03-19-2005, 10:00 PM
www.romnation.net

Enter the SNES ROM section and do what they say. I downloaded mine there (and FF VI as well) so I can tell you it works for sure.

crono_logical
03-19-2005, 11:14 PM
Wait, the FFMQ ROM isn't on this site yet? How'd that get missed? :p