PDA

View Full Version : FF IX = IV?

Excelsior
03-17-2005, 05:43 AM
to me, this game seemed like FF4 exactly exept with diffrent characters,places, etc. heres why (there might be spoilers in here)

well, i had a lot of reasons. ok, lets start at the beginning, basically, same time period about. the crystal(s) are also important factors. the lunar whale pandemonium ship is the exact thing. ok, and then it turns into the same thing, with like the fact that you transport to another world, slightly smaller then your own, with a different race. the main character also turns out to be somebody important in this race as well. the main villain turns out to be *gasp* his brother! also an important and powerful person of this race. and then, guess what! when u finally beat your brother, he turns to the side of good, and everyone is happy. but wait! also, the final boss is like, the epitome of evil or something, and he just comes out from NOWHERE. ...and the last boss had ridicoulously lame and powerful attacks. (big bang, grand cross. keep in mind i beat both at like level 40 or something, which probably explains there power.) i think i had some more, they just kept popping up as i played the game, but those are what i remember. and im aware that the games have refrences to other FF games, but it seems like they focused on 4 the most. feedback, critisisms, compliments, or even just plain insulting me for being me will be appreciated.

Gwelenguchenkus
03-17-2005, 05:51 AM
Actually that is pretty accurate.Also when Kuja manipulates Brahne that kkind of reminds me of Golbez Manipulating Kain, and ultimately them both being manipulated by an even larger force.

They're pretty darn similar. Also, note that the Hilda garde kinda looks like a whale...

DJZen
03-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Not to mention that Cid Fabool's last name is an obvious reference to the Kingdom of Fabul. Or the Namingway card.

I also thought you'd mention the crystals, but those really are more of a series staple than just a correlation between IV and IX.

Heath
03-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Actually that is pretty accurate.Also when Kuja manipulates Brahne that kkind of reminds me of Golbez Manipulating Kain, and ultimately them both being manipulated by an even larger force.

They're pretty darn similar. Also, note that the Hilda garde kinda looks like a whale...

Sorry, how was Kuja manipulated, exactly? I'm pretty sure he acted of his own free will. Another thing, I'd consider Kuja and Zidane being brothers a lot more synthetic and artificial than I would Cecil and Golbez. That might just be me, however.

I'd say that Grand Cross was more a reference to one of the attacks that the final boss of FFV has.

I also expected the crystals to come up in this, though I expected more the forceful way of obtaining them. Alexandria attacked Lindblum and Cleyra for their crystals like Baron attacked Fabul, Damcyan and Eblan.

Excelsior
03-20-2005, 07:34 AM
wait, in 9 wasnt there only one crystal that was a giant omnipotent force? i dont remember crystals in those other places. and i wasnt suggesting grand cross to be an exact refrence to big bang, just that there both bosses that come out of no where with attacks that frustrate me. and while kuja and zidanes brotherhood was alot more synthetic, they were still brothers, and cecil/golbez didnt know it till the end, just like zidane/kuja, and yet they all chose to forgive each other.

Gwelenguchenkus
03-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Sorry, how was Kuja manipulated, exactly? I'm pretty sure he acted of his own free will.

Sorry that I wasn't clear. Actually, that wasn't a similarity, I was just elaborating on FFIV's story. I'm not sure why I chose to do that, considering that sort of out-of-topic.