03-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Interview with gamer magazine,[From the gamers magazine!!]
Gamer Magazine: "I think final fantasy will go down in a couple of years
Interviewer: "But its going perfect,could u tell me why u think its going down
Gamer Magazine: "Theres not as much players,well as they used to have"

Then he left the room what do u think?

Destai
03-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Please, he couldnt even give a reason and clearly didnt have a clue about the number if people who play the games. We dont even know whos being interviewed either.

udsuna
03-17-2005, 02:39 PM
I say, who cares? We'll know the answer soon enough, anyways.

MecaKane
03-17-2005, 02:50 PM
I think the gamers magazine you read needs better proofreaders.

DarkLadyNyara
03-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Final Fantasy Lives!!! :D Really, though. FF ain't going away anytime soon. It's too good a series.(General dissapointment in X-2 nonwithstanding.) Guy doesn't know what he's talking about. :grumble:

Martyr
03-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Final Fantasy could go or stay. It doesn't matter too much. I think it's had a good run. Maybe too good. I mean, look at it.
11 or 12... We've considered upwards of possible 20 games...
Let it go and let it sink into gaming history.
And who knows, something like that could suddenly make all our games suddenly very valuable.

udsuna
03-17-2005, 04:54 PM
And who knows, something like that could suddenly make all our games suddenly very valuable.

As cool as that would be, the existance of all those software duplication devices makes it very unlikely. Unless the make limited edition cast-iron figurines to collect.

Dreddz
03-17-2005, 05:33 PM
I just want FF to continue till I get bored of them

TheAbominatrix
03-17-2005, 09:04 PM
Why does the opinion of this guy matter? Cause he's from a gaming magazine?

FF is more popular than ever, especially in Japan. That guy doesnt know what he's talking about.

Yuffie514
03-17-2005, 10:55 PM
what a pessimist :strung: :rolleyes: . eat this: :foot: dude :blahblah: .

Chris
03-18-2005, 12:08 AM
That guy can suck my rainboots.

~red.foxx~
03-18-2005, 12:28 AM
NEVER!!!!!! it will never die i'll make sure of it.
:shoot:

DJZen
03-18-2005, 08:12 PM
These threads have been popping every month since the invention of Final Fantasy messageboards. Yes, people have been pronouncing the doom of FF for a VERY long time now.

Alder
03-18-2005, 08:20 PM
I don't think it has to die soon. But it's definitely past it's prime. Square needs to be revitalized.

TheAbominatrix
03-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Past it's prime when it's sales are better than ever. Riiiiight.

Masamune·1600
03-18-2005, 09:19 PM
'Gamer Magazine' probably foresees the downfall of grammar and punctuation in a few years as well.

Undecided
03-18-2005, 09:22 PM
Like many others, I see no indication of Final Fantasy dying anytime soon. But let's say it DOES die, that SquareEnix announces they won't make any more FFs. Would it really be that bad?

I don't think so. There is more than enough RPGs already living in the shadow of Final Fantasy. And companies (both Squenix and others) wil continue to create other great RPGs, maybe even some who are greater than your favorite FF. And without half the spotlights on Final Fantasy, they might even get some well deserved publicity.

There will always be great RPGs around. Wheter they're called Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Chrono Trigger or Earthbound doesn't really matter.

Alder
03-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Past it's prime when it's sales are better than ever. Riiiiight.

Maybe not financially, but in terms of game quality, I think so. So I guess the series isn't in danger as long as it's financially viable, but the spirit of the series could die before that.

TheAbominatrix
03-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Maybe not financially, but in terms of game quality, I think so. So I guess the series isn't in danger as long as it's financially viable, but the spirit of the series could die before that.

Game quality? No, the quality of the games is fine. Your point is that you dont like the newer games. Quality as in story, graphics, etc is still high. The 'spirit' is bull. Games dont have 'spirit' or 'feel'. Those things are in the players.

Final Fantasy is doing better than it ever has, regardless of the constant complaints from fans about X, XI, X-2, and the look of XII. It's reached a wider audience than it ever has before, and sales are soaring. It's really that simple.

Alder
03-19-2005, 01:30 AM
Game quality? No, the quality of the games is fine. Your point is that you dont like the newer games. Quality as in story, graphics, etc is still high. The 'spirit' is bull. Games dont have 'spirit' or 'feel'. Those things are in the players.

Final Fantasy is doing better than it ever has, regardless of the constant complaints from fans about X, XI, X-2, and the look of XII. It's reached a wider audience than it ever has before, and sales are soaring. It's really that simple.

Well, okay then. The series is dying to me. I don't see the soul in it like it used to have. But maybe it is just me.

rubah
03-19-2005, 02:05 AM
Maybe you're just outgrowing them. They seem fine to me.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-19-2005, 02:12 AM
NEVER!!!!!! it will never die i'll make sure of it.

I'll help...*bows to Final Fantasy* Yes my master...I mean I won't let Final Fantasy die....

Alder
03-19-2005, 02:53 AM
Maybe you're just outgrowing them. They seem fine to me.

Maybe... the new games just don't give me the same feeling that FFIV and FFVI did. I liked FFVII, but not as much. And it feels to me like the series has been going off track since then.

And I feel that Chrono Chross is not as good as Chrono Trigger, and newer games related to Secret of Mana are not as good as that game... etc.

Maybe it really is just me. But I can't get into some of the newer games.

ljkkjlcm9
03-19-2005, 03:36 AM
i think as you get older and you play the newer ones, it's not that they're not good games, and you complain about the changes, but I find I can play games today without even thinking, cause for the most part they're identical to ones before them, like the zelda games I know how they work and find everything and figure out everything without even thinking about the game for 90% of it... Final fantasy has some of the same things to it, but that's why I love the different systems of growth and stuff that they have in them and why it won't die. They're changing things up to keep it fresh and yet still ahve that old feel. I don't know, I may actually be outgrowing games, which trust me, is something I never thought I would EVER say. It's just not the same experience it used to be... and i've always been a perfectionist in games and they've added all this stuff that you can miss getting, and it pisses me off and sometimes I don't even finish the game... unless it's FF or Zelda, or one of the really great games...

THE JACKEL

Dixie
03-19-2005, 04:22 AM
Final Fantasy will never be final.

Take this for example:

:cat::shoot:

The cat is Final Fantasy and the shooting is something trying to kill it.

Excelsior
03-20-2005, 07:28 AM
just because sales are better doesnt mean the actual product is better. that just means its more mainstream and is actually potentially worse, especially to people who were using said product beforehand. take metallica for example. metallica released very awesome metal albums in the 80s. then they went all soft rock sissy crap mainstream with the black album, and fans were like "what the hell?" thus, making metallica past its prime, or whatever. the same is going with FF. FF 1-6 are classic games, and though the other games are good, they definately dont reach the same level of goodness as the olden days of yore. especially since the last game (x-2) totally sucked fat donkey balls. hopefully, 12 will bring the series back stronger then ever, and my respect for it will soar. but this is all just opinion, so i guess whats moderate to me may be awesomely great to you.

Yuffie514
03-20-2005, 07:39 AM
maybe i'm not experienced enough to see the drastic fall in spirit :mad: , but FF needs to change in order to keep up :jap: . i think it's called "evolution" :p . i used to hate the way FF has gone since Square became Square-Enix :strung: , but i wouldn't have experienced a lot of the great games :p that were born since the merger :jap: .

TheAbominatrix
03-20-2005, 07:41 AM
First of all, I will repeat it, games do not have 'soul'. Games, books, movies and the like effect different people in different ways. This does not mean the game has 'soul' or 'feel', these reactions are in the player, in the watcher, in the reader.

Second of all, I never said that the fact that they're making more money means they're better. The fact that they're making more money means the series wont die anytime soon.

How did X-2 suck? Because you didnt like the story? The gameplay? So on? Well a lot of people did. A lot of FF fans did. A lot of people think VIII sucks horridly. While some people love it to death. Each game has it's haters and it's lovers, and just because you hate the games, even if you hate all the recent games, doesnt mean the series is going down, it means the games do not appeal to you. I hated VIII and IX. That didnt mean it was going down, that meant those games didnt reach me.

If, by the logic of certain people disling the games means they're going downhill, the logic also applies that certain people loving the games means it's going uphill, right?

Yuffie514
03-20-2005, 07:58 AM
um :meditate: , regardless of whether the above post is referring to me or not :mad: - what a flawless speech, Abominatrix :moose: .

TheAbominatrix
03-20-2005, 08:01 AM
Nah, it was refering to the nay-sayers. But thanks xD

Del Murder
03-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Let's try to stick with one 'losing its touch' thread at a time:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=58279