PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about Xenogears

Griever Zero
03-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Hi all, I'm gonna get right into this, and be aware this may contain spoilers...

I've read through all the Perfect Works translations and such and still don't understand where Id's Weltall comes from? We know that Grahf has the original Weltall, and Fei has one (which turns into other, better Weltalls...) but what does Id use? It says in Perfect Works that it's a unique design compared to the other two Weltalls, but when did it come into creation? The two Weltalls, Grahf's and Fei's, are explained in great detail...but does not quite explain what Id uses...Maybe it splits apart from Fei's Weltall just as Id is a part of Fei, so to speak?

Who is the girl in the beginning? I've seen sites say the lone survivor of the Eldridge was Abel, but if Abel was one of Fei's former MALE incarnations, then who is the person in the opening movie who is clearly a woman? Or did I miss something...

Haha I know those are crazy questions but hopefully someone else read Perfect Works and can help...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-17-2005, 11:49 PM
The woman in the beginning is the Mother, who gave birth to Cain and the Gazel Ministry and then divided herself into Miang and Elehayym. She was born from Kadamony, the biological computer onboard the Eldridge whose purpose was to give birth to living organisms in order to provide bodies for Deus to absorb.

Id's Weltall is the same as Fei's Weltall; it's just that when Id takes over, it freaks out and turns red and such. This is even seen in one of the game's cut scenes. The last time you see Id in the game, in the presence of the Zohar Modifier, he uses a similarly red and freaked-out Xenogears. It becomes the normal-looking white and blue Xenogears once Fei regains control of his body.

Doomgaze
03-18-2005, 02:08 AM
Kishi pretty much covered it. Remember, Taura was able to give Fei some control over the "black boxes" that transformed Weltall into Weltall-ID when he upgraded it to Weltall 2.

And yeah, the Mother was technically created after the crash.

DocFrance
03-18-2005, 02:14 AM
Weltall is like a Transformer, except instead of transforming into something like a truck or a jet, it just transforms into a slightly different giant humanoid machine.

Erdrick Holmes
03-18-2005, 02:15 AM
I thought I'ds Weltall transformed into Xenogears.

Doomgaze
03-18-2005, 02:27 AM
There are only two actual machines called Weltall - True/Alpha/Original Weltall, which is piloted by Lacan, Grahf, and Khan; and Weltall/Weltall 2/Weltall-ID/Xenogears, which is piloted by Fei(and Id).

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-18-2005, 03:57 AM
Similar to the Weltall/Id-Weltall phenomenon, Alpha Weltall is tricked out with fins and spikes and evil demon wings while Grahf is controlling it, but when it's Wiseman, it looks much more bare-bones.

Doomgaze
03-18-2005, 06:01 AM
Id & Grahf = ricers?

DocFrance
03-18-2005, 02:17 PM
There are only two actual machines called Weltall - True/Alpha/Original Weltall, which is piloted by Lacan, Grahf, and Khan; and Weltall/Weltall 2/Weltall-ID/Xenogears, which is piloted by Fei(and Id).
Technically, though, those are all the same people. Well, except for Khan. At least when he's not posessed by Grahf.

Wow, most of the characters in the game are Fei.

LH
03-18-2005, 02:33 PM
Wow, most of the characters in the game are Fei.

*Abel

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Abel
Kim Kasim
Lacan/Grahf
Fei Fong Wong/Id

But you knew that.

By the era during which the game takes place, Grahf is no longer Lacan, really. Lacan died, mind and body, but a fragment of his mind--the fury--kept on living in the form of Grahf, surviving by possessing the bodies of others. Of course, even after 500 years, he's still a little bit Lacan. The best example I can think of is that, if Elly is in your party on one of the few occasions you fight him, he's extremely hesitant to attack her.

Griever Zero
03-18-2005, 03:06 PM
wow thank you guys for clearing that up.

needless to say, it gets a bit confusing o_0

Erdrick Holmes
03-23-2005, 03:00 PM
I know who Kim is *read about him in Guardian Angels* but how come he doesn't even make an appernce in the game other then the part where Emeralda calls Fei "Kim"

Skystone
03-23-2005, 04:50 PM
I know who Kim is *read about him in Guardian Angels* but how come he doesn't even make an appernce in the game other then the part where Emeralda calls Fei "Kim"
Because he's been dead for 4000 years.. But you can get a bunch of flashbacks regarding him if, just before you enter the final area, you go through the lighthouse that's somewhere near Babel Tower. Otherwise there's just Elly's vision of dying outside the room Emeralda was built in.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Yeah, you actually see plenty of Kim if you bother going to the lighthouse.

DocFrance
03-25-2005, 08:26 AM
There's also the scene where Kim is building Emerelda, and he tells her that she must do many good deeds so she can be a real human and so that she can be his Sakura.

Whoops, wrong right wrong game.