PDA

View Full Version : my tongue feels like a rug...

boris no no
03-18-2005, 09:29 AM
anyone got a good cure for a hangover??
i feel so bad....

Dr.K
03-18-2005, 09:37 AM
I'm sure many people have their own distinct cures, and would see some remedies as useless, but what works for me is:-
Water - with the juice of lime/lemon, if you can stomach it
Bananas - To take away the jitters
Orange juice - Refresh yourself, and replace lost vitamin C
I'm usually tempted to have coffee, but it only dehydrates you more than you already are, so it's good to resist

DMKA
03-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Time.

sephiroth JR
03-18-2005, 01:58 PM
sounds bad but if you fill a sink up with freezing water and ice it will refresh you and shake off any drunkness left in you other than that i reccomend a days rest

Levian
03-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Eat something or drink water before going to bed, but I guess that's too late for you.
Sucks for you. :cool:

Resha
03-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Some coffee...? It would wake you up a bit. Or myabe, just go to sleep. :)

Skogs
03-18-2005, 03:11 PM
I find the foetal position works quite nicely.

Or a nice brisk row at seven in the morning...

amratis
03-18-2005, 03:13 PM
i feel so bad....

rofl, sorry I shouldnt laugh but, unless you're so drunk you werent capable of it, why didnt you drink tons of water before you pass out on your bed? You only have yourself to blame. tut tut :p :D

edit - As someone else said, Banana's! They're great for hangovers, something about high....I dont know, some mineral content they have that helps with hangovers, cant remember which mineral. Anyway, get yourself some banana's!

Undecided
03-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Fresh air, take a walk for half an hour or so. Always work for me.

Doc Sark
03-18-2005, 04:48 PM
I find the foetal position works quite nicely.

Or a nice brisk row at seven in the morning...

:D That's quality. Nothing like a good old fashioned barney to make you feel better about the world!

Apparently fry ups are good because the grease helps disperse the alcohol and pass it through your system. I dunno if it's true, it sounds great in theory, but seriously, when I'm hungover, the last thing I want to do is get out of bad and whip up a cooked breakfast. I can't be arsed!

I eat some marmite on toast, have a cup of tea, followed by a long shower. That always sorts me out.

*sits and waits for the EoFF "Don't Drink is the best cure for a hangover" brigade*

eestlinc
03-18-2005, 10:00 PM
eat bread and drink water before you go to bed. :D

udsuna
03-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Don't use alcohol in the first place? Dunno, it's always worked for me ;) Besides, I'm strange enough while sober.

Doc Sark
03-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Don't use alcohol in the first place? Dunno, it's always worked for me Besides, I'm strange enough while sober.

Yes, they're here!

udsuna
03-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Hey, that's not nice. I'm just pointing out the general issue of how people do something stupid, then aren't willing to accept the consequences of their actions graciously.

Doc Sark
03-18-2005, 11:27 PM
Calm down dear, I'm only teasing.

SeeDRankLou
03-18-2005, 11:32 PM
i feel so bad....
A shot of vodka or a beer. I'm not joking either. Drinking is probably the last thing on your mind right now, but it will help I promise. I forget the saying, but something about the skin of the snake that bit you. If this is just not an option, eat some greasy food. Alcohol has a reaction with lipids that makes water and carbon-dioxide and makes the alcohol go away. But from now on, go to the nearest Denny's-type place and eat something not good for you with lots of water before you call it a night.

rofl, sorry I shouldnt laugh but, unless you're so drunk you werent capable of it, why didnt you drink tons of water before you pass out on your bed? You only have yourself to blame.
While the second part of that statement is true, one is not always in their right mind when the night comes to an end to remember that.