PDA

View Full Version : Whats that song!?!?!

sammywa
03-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Theres this 1 song in ff8 i dont no. I dont no its name and i cant find it in my mp3 collection or the original soundtrack sheet music book.

Its the one that plays at the performance in FH if u hav tapping, guitar, violin and flute (i think). It also plays at shumi village when you complete the whole shumi village sidequest. if u still dont no what im talkin about, it sounds a little bit like harvest from ff5.

Kamrusepas
03-18-2005, 10:41 AM
You mean the concert song they play on the stage? I have it by the name of FFVIII Concert, but I dunno its real name.

I have a problem with an FFVIII-music piece too. It's the one that plays during the Laguna-sequence where they're at Centra, and it also plays in the Tomb Of The Unknown King. Does someone know its name?

NM
03-18-2005, 11:05 AM
The concert song if you pick the correct instruments is a version of 'Eyes On Me.'

The music played in the Tomb of the Unkown King is 'Find Your Way.'

ShivaBlizzard8
03-18-2005, 06:39 PM
No - there are two possible songs to play at the FH concert.
One is a version of Eyes On Me, which causes Squall and Rinoa to have a fight.

The other one, which I believe is the one sammywa means because it has tapping, is called the Irish Jig, which is what I have it as. During this sequence, Squall and Rinoa have a happy conversation. It's not on the OST, which is annoying, but I found the mp3 of it on Napster back in the day and I've had it ever since. Somebody must have ripped it from the game somehow.

Find Your Way is what plays in the Tomb of the Unknown King, and also the sewers in Deling, I believe. :)

Camanche
03-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Rinoa and Squall fight during the Eyes On Me song? Heh, I thought it was the other way around. Like, Rinoa claims that the Irish Jig music is annoying, or a crappy song. Maybe it is the other way around, I forget.

sammywa
03-19-2005, 01:49 AM
The way i found it, squall claims the music is really bad if u dont choose the right instruments for either song (well the jig at least)

thanx alot, does anyone no where i can find this irish jig?

Dr.K
03-19-2005, 02:11 AM
If you're lucky, you'll be able to find an mp3 of it on the internet somewhere (P2P file downloader?). In MIDI form however, it's very abundant and you'll find it on pretty much any FF midi site.

amratis
03-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Rinoa and Squall fight during the Eyes On Me song? Heh, I thought it was the other way around. Like, Rinoa claims that the Irish Jig music is annoying, or a crappy song. Maybe it is the other way around, I forget.

It is the other way round :)

I dont mind either of two combinations of music but the conversation with Squall and Rinoa if you do the Irish Jig combo is 1.) Longer and 2.) Much more interesting if you ask me. So I'd recommend anyone whose only done the Eyes on Me version to go back and choose the different instruments. Its definetly worth it, as the S/R convo is really quite different.

Skyblade
03-19-2005, 08:23 PM
Yup. If you do the Eyes on Me song, Rinoa claims that the music is irratating. She really likes the song, but she doesn't think Zell, Irvine, Selphie, and Quistis are doing a good job playing it. Squall then gets upset, because Rinoa was the one who dragged him to the concert in the first place, and things kind of break up from then on. The Irish Jig has a much more romantic and longer lasting discussion, and it is the one I prefer.

seiyuimore
03-20-2005, 10:35 PM
I think because Squall missunderstand that Rinoa was actually critizing the music, not Squall.

Doomgaze
03-20-2005, 10:38 PM
I think Squall's just a dick.

edit: Irish Jig is clearly the better song, though. I wish it was on the OST.

Angel Of Apocolypse
03-25-2005, 05:35 AM
I think Squall's just a dick.

Somone else thinks that too? Cool. :D :D :D