PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr! nasty online people

sascha
03-18-2005, 10:32 PM
we all encounter them- the total idiots online who are breaking the rules and being rude without reason... so share your stories/rant (especially moderators and stuff ^^ but let's not name anyone..)

It really does annoys me when some people completely slag off.. say Final Fantasy X.. and have got no backup for what they're saying. I remember a guy got banned for doing this in here and was then calling the people who were trying to get appropriate views across really unacceptable names

The worst thing is when people are nasty to you and there's no need for it. I once asked to be an affiliate an old site of mine to a website and they they were soooo NASTY. It was just so uncalled for!

Recently, I sent an email out to someone.. and it was very nice and welcoming... only to be replied to with something that ended with dumbass. why reply if all you say will be nasty?!

so... any of you guys experienced the total idiots online either here or in the web world.. no names now. :D

ffrinoa8
03-18-2005, 10:35 PM
i know how you feel though i have not experienced it here i have i other places!!!yeah they can be nasty!!!! :mad:

Levian
03-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Yeah, take a hint, Jojo. :rolleyes2

edit: oh, sorry, forgot about the whole "no names" thing.

Rye
03-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Oh yes, especially when I was a newbie. :/

Psychotic
03-18-2005, 10:42 PM
I love them.

sascha
03-18-2005, 10:47 PM
I love them.
I suppose some can be half funny :D

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-18-2005, 10:51 PM
I asked somebody if they wanted to quit talking to me in poems, and just be friends and talk normally and stuff, ya know?But that would be asking too much from HER!!!! (you know who you are, and you already posted on here)

*cough*Rye*cough*

Ryth
03-18-2005, 10:58 PM
The first forums I went to, there was a bunch of dumbasses and there were no rules to hold them back really it was a war zone it was more like a chatroom then anything else. And two people were always making fun of my name one made a thtread making fun of me but that got erased by the head of the site. He was actually a nice guy but the others weren't nice at all. So I left.

Doc Sark
03-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Man, I used to post on Rivals.net, it was like the forum that Sephiroth described above. No rules, nothing. Rivals.net is a forum dedicated to football in England and it is impossible to have decent discussion about football without a bunch of idiots supporting a rival team coming along and flaming every minute of the day like they have nothing better to do.

People who are nasty online should be pitied and laughed at. They're lives are obviously so empty and lacking accomplishment of any kind, they feel they have to be nasty to a faceless stranger just for expressing a view. It's one thing to disagree, it's another to be nasty.

Mr. Graves
03-18-2005, 11:11 PM
It depends on who it is. I like a jerk on-line who is actually witty as opposed to someone throwing shallow insults. I mean. if you're going to be an ass, you might as well be witty about it.

Rye
03-18-2005, 11:17 PM
I asked somebody if they wanted to quit talking to me in poems, and just be friends and talk normally and stuff, ya know?But that would be asking too much from HER!!!! (you know who you are, and you already posted on here)

*cough*Rye*cough*

Seems like someone doesn't tell both sides of the story... *cough* Nathie *cough*

You told me my art looked WEIRD first of all, then you started harassing me by telling me that I was hot, which is incredibly rude in my opinion, considering you don't even know me.

MecaKane
03-18-2005, 11:23 PM
I hear ya, rye, people who give complements are such assholes.

A dude who was mean when I was a newbie is now one of my best buds. :love:

DMKA
03-18-2005, 11:25 PM
I love them.
Yes. They make me randy aswell. :love:

Psychotic
03-18-2005, 11:27 PM
I hear ya, rye, people who give complements are such assholes.Calling someone hot is not a compliment, it is derogatory to refer to someone as a purely sexual object, especially inappropriate considering that it was aimed at a 14 year old girl.

Saying that someone looks nice or pretty would be a more appropriate and less offensive comment, don't you think?

Ultima Shadow
03-18-2005, 11:31 PM
I suppose some can be half funny :D
Some are EXTREMELY funny. :D

ffrinoa8
03-18-2005, 11:31 PM
why do you say that ?

Trumpet Thief
03-18-2005, 11:33 PM
chaos: Leave me and Ultima the way we are! :mad2:

DMKA
03-18-2005, 11:35 PM
Yes. :D

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Seems like someone doesn't tell both sides of the story... *cough* Nathie *cough*

You told me my art looked WEIRD first of all, then you started harassing me by telling me that I was hot, which is incredibly rude in my opinion, considering you don't even know me.
called you hot? yes at first, but then someone told me it was rude, so I called you very good looking. I saw you in the photo album, sorry.

And what art?

Ultima Shadow
03-18-2005, 11:46 PM
why do you say that ?
If you should have been a member for a longer time... you should have known. :)

chaos: Leave me and Ultima the way we are! :mad2:
Yea! :D

MecaKane
03-18-2005, 11:52 PM
Calling someone hot is not a compliment, it is derogatory to refer to someone as a purely sexual object, especially inappropriate considering that it was aimed at a 14 year old girl.
Newbies don't know any better. I didn't. :cry:

rubah
03-18-2005, 11:52 PM
I hate the people that try to talk to you on msn, but they don't tell who they are or why they even want to talk.

We need to invent a spray.

Faris
03-18-2005, 11:55 PM
Yes xD!! :D :D

The Captain
03-19-2005, 06:39 AM
Though it may not seem sane, I try to rationalize and reason with them until some form of common ground is found. It's not always easy and you certainly may need a thick skin, but eventually you either break through or they disappear and aren't heard from again, though I do regret not being able to reach out to those in the latter group.

Take care all.

Quina
03-19-2005, 09:34 AM
I'll give you the same advice I gave my brother when the dog wouldn't stop humping his leg: 'Just give him a little kick and he'll go finish it off on that lawn gnome.'

Jojee
03-19-2005, 04:48 PM
Yeah, take a hint, Jojo. :rolleyes2

I love them. Psy loves me ^___^;;

Anyway I know what you mean... I've dealt with more than my share of those kind of people in my online life, and a little bit offline, too. Join the webdesign community one day, you'll find all kinds of them (less recently, though). "Hi, nice site~" "ASDFKH YOU HOW DARE YOU COMMENT ON MY SITE BTW YOU RIPPED OFF MY DESIGN COS YOURS IS BLUE AND SO IS MINE YOU [insert lots of evil words]" xP

Hehee I learned how to flame from webdesigning :p Pretty good flaming, too! Although I don't put that knowledge into use... *flames Lev*

Resha
03-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Oh, oh oh! I met one like two days ago. I mean, I met him and then he acted all paedophilic two days ago. I acted shtupid. ;) Play dumb. I've met a lot of those mean people, and I don't like them. :( It all happened when I was younger...

But now I'm big, and I can take care of myself. :)

Madonna
03-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Join the webdesign community one day, you'll find all kinds of them (less recently, though). "Hi, nice site~" "ASDFKH YOU HOW DARE YOU COMMENT ON MY SITE BTW YOU RIPPED OFF MY DESIGN COS YOURS IS BLUE AND SO IS MINE YOU [insert lots of evil words]" xPOh yes.

I think it's fine to be nasty and rude, as long as you do it nicely, in a polite manner.

boris no no
03-19-2005, 06:06 PM
some peoples comments are silly.
admittedly i do call people hot and cute *dreams of jojo* but it is all in a commical sence.
if the person is bugging you tell a knight.
i dunno how i come across, sometimes i am ruder then i should be.

Calling someone hot is not a compliment, it is derogatory to refer to someone as a purely sexual object, especially inappropriate considering that it was aimed at a 14 year old girl.
yeah. sometimes people act older/younger then they really are so other just assume stuff.

UltimateSpamGrover
03-19-2005, 06:50 PM
"......"

Craig
03-19-2005, 06:58 PM
I had this one guy a while back telling me how great his life was, and that I should commit suicide. Eventually it got repetitive so I blocked him.

EDIT: w00t! Page 2!

Psychotic
03-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Psy loves me ^___^;;And I always will...or at least until you stop paying me. :love: