PDA

View Full Version : Most evil FF villain ever.

Alder
03-19-2005, 04:43 AM
I think it has to be Kefka. The most twisted, hateful mind in all of Final Fantasy.

He was a dangerous psychopath with lots of power. His sense of humor, and his careless, whimsical attitude make him more appallingly evil than any other villain, I think.

More than just wanting power... he was killing people because he thought it was funny.

strawberryman
03-19-2005, 05:16 AM
I think it has to be Kefka. The most twisted, hateful mind in all of Final Fantasy.

He was a dangerous psychopath with lots of power. His sense of humor, and his careless, whimsical attitude make him more appallingly evil than any other villain, I think.

More than just wanting power... he was killing people because he thought it was funny.
I approve that message!

Ichimonji
03-19-2005, 05:40 AM
There was no method to his madness. Kefka certainly was mindlessly evil. Thus being the most evil villain in Final Fantasy.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-19-2005, 06:51 AM
Kefka hands down.

strawberryman
03-19-2005, 06:51 AM
Kefka hands down.
Nobody argues.

Yet.

Chris
03-19-2005, 02:16 PM
I hate to be the party pooper, but Ex-Death tops my list of the most vicious and evil villains.

Creeping Shadow
03-19-2005, 02:22 PM
kefka was the bomb :D

Zante
03-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Kefka is probably the only vilian who is evil without a reason.

Ultima Shadow
03-19-2005, 03:39 PM
I hate to be the party pooper, but Ex-Death tops my list of the most vicious and evil villains.
Hmmm... when I think about it... Ex-death didn't have a reason, like Kefka. Kefka went insane because of a failed experiment and therefore it's still possible to feel a little sorry for him. Ex-death was nothing but PURELY evil.

Still... Kefka did whorse things to people... but I would say it's a tie. :cool:

rubah
03-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Kefka does so much more mindless evil than ex-death. It has to be him.

Alder
03-20-2005, 07:24 AM
I've been in a retrospective mood so I thought I'd write a little more about Kefka.

Clearly, Kefka is insane. He doesn't follow the rules of rational thinking that even the most evil villains normally follow. There are people in the real world like Kefka; people who have no conscience, who don't have the capacity for empathy, who see other people as objects, who are amused by the suffering of others. They're pretty horrifying people; some become serial killers. Kefka is what would happen if one of these people could become a demigod.

Kefka is human, yet inhuman. We can relate to him more than we can relate to say, Zeromus; he has a sense of humor that is very human and familiar. Yet he's missing some human qualities, such as compassion, and reason. He's a perversion. And it's magnified by the godlike status that he acquires. He's a dangerously malfunctioning human being with enormous power.

So that's why I think Kefka is the greatest FF villain ever. He's a little too familiar, and a little too alien at the same time. If we lived in a world where people could become demigods, I'm certain that we would be subject to a real Kefka before long.

Rase
03-20-2005, 07:49 AM
Kefka, currently the only villian to make me go "Yeah, you, you need to die eventually, or this game sucks".

Ultima Shadow
03-20-2005, 09:35 AM
Kefka is by far the greates villain ever... but Ex-Death scare me!!! :(

It's a tie I say... A TIE!!! :greenie:

....or maybe Kafka actually is more evil after all... even though he can't help it... poor clown.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Zeromus is pure hatred. It isn't an evil man; it's evil incarnate. Kefka may be the best villain, but Zeromus is the most evil.

Martyr
03-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Dr. Lugae!

Zante
03-20-2005, 05:33 PM
One more thing about Kefka, he is also the vilian who did the biggest damage to the world, imho.

Ultima Shadow
03-20-2005, 05:43 PM
Zeromus is pure hatred. It isn't an evil man; it's evil incarnate. Kefka may be the best villain, but Zeromus is the most evil.
Wasn't Ex-Death pretty much the same? An "evil spirit".

One more thing about Kefka, he is also the vilian who did the biggest damage to the world, imho.
Well... success isn't something evil. Everyone else tried atleast... and Ex-Death did a pretty good job as well.

abrojtm
03-20-2005, 05:44 PM
I beg to differ, GLR. Ex-Death totally brought entire portions of the world into total and complete nothingness. At least Kefka left his towns there with some survivors. Ex-Death really had no reason to be evil, and he was a tree. So therefore, he is clearly most evil.

Destai
03-20-2005, 05:53 PM
The whole concept of Jenova was my favourite villain.

Orcan Fang
03-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Seymore Guado !!!!! {I always thought he was a baddie}

:chef:

Ultima Shadow
03-20-2005, 09:37 PM
I beg to differ, GLR. Ex-Death totally brought entire portions of the world into total and complete nothingness. At least Kefka left his towns there with some survivors. Ex-Death really had no reason to be evil, and he was a tree. So therefore, he is clearly most evil.
A tree turned into a monster-thing by an evil spirit. Seriously... a TREE! A villain being a tree is just like... ultimate pure evil awesomeness!!! Kefka is by far the BEST villain but... Ex-Death is even more or atleast equally EVIL.

Masamuneˇ1600
03-21-2005, 07:16 AM
We're not debating the best villain (Sephiroth in my opinion; refer to several other threads for reasons). We're debating the most evil villain. And that is undoubtedly Kefka. While certainly evil and malevolent, Zeromus and Ex-Death always seemed somehow remote. There's was more of a classical evil: "die, hero, for opposing my nefarious schemes!" Kefka took obvious, visible joy in horrible acts. And it was joy in personal destruction. The evil of Zeromus and Ex-Death was diffused; going after an individual of no importance wouldn't be worth the time. Kefka was all about causing pain on an individual level (when he could). Besides, somehow, a human gone terribly awry just seems worse than some abstact embodiment of the idea.

My runner-up is Dycedarg of FFT fame. Dycedarg posioned his father, murdered his leader (whom he had sworn an oath to), turned his brother into an undead being and robbed him of free will, and generally did his best to scheme in a way that left as many deaths as possible. And, in becoming a host for a Lucavi, he pulled the FFT equivalent of selling his soul to the devil. He did all this for power. Seems evil to me.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-21-2005, 07:23 AM
Dycedarg is pretty evil. I haven't run into Ex-Death so I can't say anything about him, and Zeromus I've not beaten since I was about eight, so my memory on him is a wee bit hazy.

I'll have to look more into them though. I've generally disliked the concept of "evil incarnate" but if so then I probably would reluctantly have to give them my vote.

strawberryman
03-21-2005, 07:34 AM
Well, Kefka is most certainly the funniest.

TurkSlayer
03-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Sephiroth is by far the coolest of all the villians. As for the most evil. Kefka. However, while talking about people killing without a reason, no one seems to be considering Hojo. He was a psychopath, much like Kefka. But Kefka at the very least was driven insane because of a failed experiment. But Hojo had no reason. He killed Lucercia, practiced horrible experiment on Vincent, as well as it seem a lot of other people. Hojo was seriously messed up. And I agree, Dycedarg was VERY evil. I hate how when people are asked who the greatest villian of FFT was, they say DELITA! Sure, he did some dirty things, but in the end, he made a lot of things better! Anyway, my answer is Kefka.

Masamuneˇ1600
03-26-2005, 12:15 AM
For what it's worth, Hojo didn't kill Lucrecia.

Apollo
03-26-2005, 12:16 AM
Dr. Lugae!
:lol:

Anyway I will have to agree with most of you kefka is the
evilest evil in evils eyes evil has ever seen.
He's the only one to destroy the world in ff i've ever seen so ya is is pretty evil! :greenie:

PS:Kefka owns!

TurkSlayer
03-26-2005, 01:08 AM
Oh, sorry, wrote that incorrectly, what i meant was that he also used the Jenova experiment on her.

Dark Matter
03-27-2005, 07:03 AM
I don't know much about Kefka and etc. (I've only completed FF7 to 10.), but I can tell you that one of the most evil villians is Don Corneo!! (anyone remembers him?) Don't want to talk much about him, he's so bad and dirty.

rubah
03-27-2005, 09:49 PM
However, while talking about people killing without a reason, no one seems to be considering Hojo.

But he likes the beach-- how can *THAT* be evil? :o

udsuna
03-27-2005, 10:19 PM
But he likes the beach-- how can *THAT* be evil? :o

Simple: it's not being at the beach, it's WHEN he's at the beach, that matters. Knowing full well that his son (Sephiroth) is out killing people and being hunted down by ShinRa... and he goes "eh, time for a vacation". Now, that might not be evil, but it's hella cold.

Destai
03-27-2005, 11:19 PM
I thought Jenova was the most interesting idea for a villain. I wish Jenova was made out as more of a chracter rather than a group of different characters representing her. I think shes criminally ignored.

FieryxNightxSky
03-28-2005, 07:25 AM
I lliked Ultimica *hides from rocks and other throwable items*

BackRoomKid
03-28-2005, 07:33 AM
^^^LMAO...you can run buddy...lol

KEFKA....that's it
JENOVA...yeah, interesting villan...never ACTUALLY see her or talk to her though...taking away the effect of her evilness

DarkLadyNyara
03-28-2005, 03:06 PM
Kefka, for all the reasons already mentioned.

Fireblade13
03-28-2005, 08:09 PM
Yu yevon! man how can u say kefka.
Yu yevon loses a war. Comes back makes sin and says worship me and I will stop.
You can't beat him because he is an aeon. Ah watching him die was so cool he knows how to die dramatically.

KoShiatar
03-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Not knowing the others I have to say Kefka. His laugh and his makeup are so irritating that they mak for the perfect villain you *have* to hate. Others videogame villains (for instance the Breath of Fire series villains) compared to him are nothing.

Spiffing Cheese
04-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Yu yevon! man how can u say kefka.
Yu yevon loses a war. Comes back makes sin and says worship me and I will stop.
You can't beat him because he is an aeon. Ah watching him die was so cool he knows how to die dramatically.

I have to agree with that. Yu Yevon sucks. Also, Seymour and Kefka (for reasons already mentioned, I won't bother writing them again).

cloud1983
04-03-2005, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=Orcan Fang]Seymore Guado !!!!! {I always thought he was a baddie}

What game were you playing?!? Seymour was an utter pansy! He was a camp, high-pitched, crossbred moron. Would have been better suited in Culture Club rather than an FF game.

As for most evil, I'll go for Kefka. Everyone else seems to be. Which game is he from? Only played FF7 onwards so I'm a bit behind. If not him then that.....big.....tree.....what was it - Ex Death? How the hell is a tree evil? Well, however it works I'll be betting it's more evil than Seymour anyways!

Raistlin
04-04-2005, 12:17 AM
For what it's worth, Hojo didn't kill Lucrecia.
She died as a result of Hojo's experimenting. I'd considering that killing.

Anyway, Dycedarg was pretty damn evil...Kefka was insane and all, but Dycedarg betrayed family. I'd say it's pretty even. Ex-Death lacked much development.

Alder
04-04-2005, 06:09 AM
Dycedarg? No way.

Plenty of people have done what he did, or worse.

A couple assassinations and some political scheming do not make you a great villain.

He wasn't even the greatest villain in that game. I'd put Wiegraf and Vormav ahead of him.

beema
04-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Kefka, hands down. From the moment he was introduced I hated him, and I felt I had a real passion and desire to destroy him. He was an insiduous, back-stabbing, weasley, conniving snake. He was a villian of Shakespearean quality.

Polaris
04-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Sephiroth was nut, really nut and he confused me loads of time... and he's a bit hard to defeat... (not as hard as Ultimecia, butat least she was cute, the 1st form of her not the last)...

Llanowar
04-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Alright folks first of all i am definitely going with my homie KEFKA as the evilest villain. Basically for one reason. He is the acknowledged villain THROUGHOUT the entire game. He burns Figaro, poisons Doma, Discards Espers with wanton disregard for any life force left within them (magitek Facility), Kills Leo, Kills Gestahl, Rearranges the face of the planet and kills multiple cities populations. He then is able to turn himself into a Godlike figure and control the world. Truly an impressive and EVIL villain.

For those of you arguing for that Tree, Give me a break, the whole evil spirit thing is so played out in every RPG that it isn't even funny anymore. Give me a human that becomes completely engulfed by hatred and malice and I will see them as more evil than just some SPIRIT that pops in out of the blue.

MarikTheYuke
04-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Arre all of you weak in the upper story? Sephiroth all the way! Gosh, you flippin' idiots! :mad:

crashNUMBERS
04-07-2005, 12:41 PM
..S..E..P..H..I..R..O..T..H..

Nod
04-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Yu-Yevon. totally. i mean, he unleashes sin constantly on the world just so he can exist, Causing generation after generation to live in fear. :D

Heath
04-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Despite not being my favourite villain over all, I think Kefka is definitely the most evil, if you can really consider him that.

Interesting points about other characters (Hojo, Dycedarg, Jenova, Zeromus and Ex-Death), and whilst I'll agree they were all evil (Jenova to a lesser extent, I feel), I think Kefka was the most evil.

Itsunari 2000
04-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Ultimecia ... she was bad 'un.

SeeDRankLou
04-15-2005, 07:15 PM
No I think that title has to go to Sin. It not only obliterated the world to several small town, and few dectently sized ones, and probably no more than a few thousand people, it did that for 1000 years.

While Kefka was evil, his evil was childish. It was like, "Oh lets see what happens when I poison the river.....Oh look their all dead....hahahaha." His was just random and childish, no real purpose or meaning to it, just evil because he could be. I give the most evil award to Kuja. Kuja also cause destruction and mayhem, but he knew exactly what he was doing, exactly who he was hurting, exactly what would happen when he did what he did, and all the while with a grim smile on his face. That's evil.

Perducci
04-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Well, Kefka is most certainly the funniest.

Vyk
04-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Someone want to explain this experiment that went wrong? I knew Kefka was insane, I've played multiple hundreds of hours through two or three play-throughs, but it's been years and obviously I didn't pay enough attention to the plot. All I knew was he was insane. Was he part of the whole infusing magic thing that was used on Celes or something?

I'm going to say Kefka as the most evil villain. Though I think it should be argued that those beings embodying evil (Chaos, Zeromus, ex-Death, etc.) Are more like... forces come to life, rather than actual villains.

TurkSlayer
04-16-2005, 12:24 AM
No I think that title has to go to Sin. It not only obliterated the world to several small town, and few dectently sized ones, and probably no more than a few thousand people, it did that for 1000 years.

You are both wrong about the one who did the biggest damage. You seem to be forgeting that Kuja actually DESTROYED and entire planet! True, it wasn't the main planet, but it was a planet.

Llanowar
04-16-2005, 05:18 AM
Ok in response to the question about the kefka experiment. They are refering to a scene that you have the OPPORTUNITY to get before the magitek facility infiltration. A woman in town tells you about the first MAN infused with magitek power when the process was still being refined.
Secondly Kuja destroyed a planet fine but in terms of being totally EVIL he can't even hold a candle to Kefka. He was another of those I am doing this for the good of someone(himself). Kefka did part of his in order to further his own goals sure, but at times his hatred overflowed to the point where certain acts were just for the wanton need to see destruction and suffering not just out for his own advancement (thus he is not an opportunist he is EVIL!!! And as for this need to be an embodiment of Evil to be the most evil. GIVE ME A FRIGGIN break people; every RPG seems to have that one thing/person/entity that is "THE EMBODIMENT OF EVIL" it is the most broken idea in all of RPGing.

Zante
04-16-2005, 08:38 AM

It's not as if Sin had any choice in this. Besides, it wasn't the same Sin every times anyway.

You are both wrong about the one who did the biggest damage. You seem to be forgeting that Kuja actually DESTROYED and entire planet! True, it wasn't the main planet, but it was a planet.

I didnt finish IX yet, so I dont know about that. :p

Arre all of you weak in the upper story? Sephiroth all the way! Gosh, you flippin' idiots!

Sephiroth wasn't evil, he just went nuts when he thought that he was created. As he believed himself to be one of the ancients, he thought he has a right to do what he was doing, as it was his birtdright. I always wondered what would have been if someone actualy tried to talk to Sephiroth and explain things to him. :)

Rase
04-16-2005, 09:15 AM
He would've just slashed them in half and not payed attention.

KuRt
04-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Kuja is eviler than sephiroth at least!:http://youzen.fffin.com/albums/neo/Neo_fight.gif

Still, kefka is evil.

DarkLadyNyara
04-19-2005, 03:31 PM
While Kefka was evil, his evil was childish. It was like, "Oh lets see what happens when I poison the river.....Oh look their all dead....hahahaha." His was just random and childish, no real purpose or meaning to it, just evil because he could be. I give the most evil award to Kuja. Kuja also cause destruction and mayhem, but he knew exactly what he was doing, exactly who he was hurting, exactly what would happen when he did what he did, and all the while with a grim smile on his face. That's evil.
I still say Kefka was worse. Kuja, at least, had some reason for what he did. (and a great deal of it was on Garlands orders.) Kefka not having a real purpose only adds to his evil.

Delta
04-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Kefka or Kuja both are mad EG.

Kuja "Oh no I don't have eternal life even though I'm a Genome I'm going to kill you all now! Muhahaha!" *Dies at the hand of Zidane* "Blah"

strawberryman
04-23-2005, 09:21 PM
Kuja is eviler than sephiroth at least!:http://youzen.fffin.com/albums/neo/Neo_fight.gif
XD

Buccura
04-26-2005, 03:28 AM
Kefka, hands down. That guy is just plain twisted.

My second would have to be Kuja, because he is a villain who ACTUALLY THINKS things through and isn;t insane.

Third would be Golbez, just because I think he looks cool.

Sephiroth is my fourth.