PDA

View Full Version : Kefka Vs Sephiroth?

strawberryman
03-19-2005, 06:54 AM
Just a thread I think would spark up a bit of controversy. And fun with it.
Just say who you think is the best villian out of the two. No being biased though, try to weigh out the points of each villian to make it fair.

I say Kefka , of course.

Edit-
Dammit. Forgot to add a poll. :(

Slade
03-19-2005, 09:11 AM
Kefka was more evil than Sephiroth. Sephiroth only went evil cause he thought he was created, ol Kefkas evil 24/7....pure evil. I like Kefka better than Sephiroth cause he was funny....Sephiroth was just a bit boring.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-19-2005, 07:33 PM
First turn:

Kefka uses Fallen One

Sephiroth uses that massive flare move that takes 20 minutes to complete

Second turn:

Kefka uses Ultima

Sephiroth dies

udsuna
03-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Sephiroth: I'm going to kill all life on the world and become a god!

Kefka: *Yawn* I'm already a god, now I'm going to kill everything. *evil laugh*

'nuff said.

Destai
03-19-2005, 08:25 PM
*Sephiroth swipes Masamune* *sephiroth wins*

strawberryman
03-19-2005, 09:18 PM
Sephiroth: I'm going to kill all life on the world and become a god!

Kefka: *Yawn* I'm already a god, now I'm going to kill everything. *evil laugh*

'nuff said.
:lol: How true.

Rase
03-20-2005, 01:49 AM
Kefka, from a gameplay standard, for me.

Martyr
03-20-2005, 02:17 AM
Well, I mean, we can't just say, "Oh! Sephiroth sucks!"

I mean, compared to a lot of game bosses, he does have personality. He is pretty cool and impressive.

Kefka is just better.
I mean, it is hardly even fair to compare Kefka to Sephiroth.

Like... Uh...
Take 2 cool things:

Chocolate Ice Cream Cone vs. $50,000.00: $50,000.00 is better.

Sephiroth vs. Kefka: Kefka is better.

I mean, these are two completely different plains of comparison with one being far far far more impressive.

strawberryman
03-20-2005, 02:27 AM
Well, I mean, we can't just say, "Oh! Sephiroth sucks!"

I mean, compared to a lot of game bosses, he does have personality. He is pretty cool and impressive.

Kefka is just better.
I mean, it is hardly even fair to compare Kefka to Sephiroth.

Like... Uh...
Take 2 cool things:

Chocolate Ice Cream Cone vs. $50,000.00: $50,000.00 is better.

Sephiroth vs. Kefka: Kefka is better.

I mean, these are two completely different plains of comparison with one being far far far more impressive.

Thats what I think too. The FF7 fanboys think different of it, though.

UltimateSpamGrover
03-20-2005, 04:19 AM
Kefka > Sephiroth

Alder
03-20-2005, 07:04 AM
I'm surprised. I didn't know that FFVI is still so respected on the internet. I thought FFVII fans would be dominating here.

Sephiroth is cool enough, but he's not the villain that Kefka was.

Destai
03-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Thats what I think too. The FF7 fanboys think different of it, though.Have you even read this thread? Its full of VI fanboys. Not that I hate VI. Everyone seems to think this forum is run by an invisible group of people who think "FFVIIROXORSALLUDERGAMESRSTOOPID!11W00T1"
I have yet to meet any of these people :rolleyes2 .
Now going back on topic In a normal human form Sephiroth would slaughter Kefka effortlessly but if it was a case of the one winged angel verses Kefkas final form in VI then Id have to give it to Kefka.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-20-2005, 07:47 PM
I was under the impression that this was the final boss forms, hence why everyone voted for Kefka.

Kefka in normal human form just plain sucks.

Destai
03-20-2005, 07:56 PM
I think its just in general.

RedCydranth
03-20-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm neither a FF6 nor FF7 "Fanboy" but I must concede to Kefka's superiority. He was a better villian IMO. I love both 7 and 6. Sephiroth is by far the second best FF boss to date. Garland, Ex-Death,Kuja, Edea, Sin etc... got nothing on these 2.

Kefka is just more evil. He's more purely insane than Sephiroth was. Seph was obsessed with a maniacal plot whereas Kefka just liked to kill things and be evil as possible.

Here's what my definiton of fanboy is - An individual who blindly defends his/her favorite game without thinking or weighing the situation on hand.

strawberryman
03-20-2005, 10:10 PM
I was never saying anyone here was a fanboy, just to get it straight. :rolleyes2

Raistlin
03-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Kefka is definitely better than Sephiroth, though he's not the best "pure evil" villain out there.

Destination0
03-21-2005, 03:16 AM
My money is on kefka

Masamune·1600
03-21-2005, 07:01 AM
Kefka was the more evil villain, certainly. Sephiroth was the better villain. Kefka was evil, because, well, there are people like that. Sure, there was experimentation on Kefka, but it wasn't explored extensively. Sephiroth had much greater depth to his story, as well as a poignancy Kefka lacked. Sephiroth was enigmatic; he was seemingly both the manipulator and the manipulated. Kefka manipulated to a degree, but only to further his goals of causing others pain. Sephiroth had superior background, more complex motivation, and symbolic meaning superior to Kefka's. Do you know what Kaballah is? If you don't, then maybe you're not as qualified to answer this question as you might believe, since it adds yet another layer of meaning to Sephiroth.

As to a battle between them? I didn't think that was the original intent of the thread, but let's go with it. Human Seph would kill human Kefka. That much is obvious. A battle between their "angelic" forms, however, would be interesting. First off, Super Nova would have no effect on Kefka. Fallen One would have no effect on Sephiroth. Final bosses usually aren't overly susceptible to status effects and critical HP moves. So, Kefka hacks away with Ultima, Goner, and the like, while Seph resorts to Shadow Flare, Pale Horse (still causes damage), and such. Sephiroth wins if their respective HP amounts aren't balanced. If they are, Kefka probably wins. If you want a fight based on speculation and not statistics, you'll probably decide that the winner is the one you wanted to win.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-21-2005, 07:26 AM
I remember from another thread we went through this and we decided that all boss moves work on all other bosses since they tend to ignore the immunities that the heroes themselves can have. Thus, Kefka's Fallen One and Sephiroth's Super Nova still work, because there is no way in-game to avoid taking damage from them. Fallen One is by far a superior attack, Super Nova only doing about 2,000 damage whereas Fallen One removes all but 1 hit point, thus making Kefka the victor in his next attack.

Masamune·1600
03-21-2005, 08:36 AM
Super Nova is FFVII's Grand Cross. Without going into detail, it would reduce Kefka's HP to critical. So, the question ultimately comes down to who gets to complete the sequence (crit. HP move, finishing attack) first. If they fought 10 times, they would likely split with five wins apiece.

By the way, when have the heroes ever been immune to 1-HP moves?

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-21-2005, 08:39 AM
OK, that makes a lot more sense. I just thought Super Nova was hideously underpowered. Given that I now know that, I can see where the wins'd be split fairly evenly.

udsuna
03-21-2005, 03:27 PM
Don't forget, attacks have the damage cap. If converted to the FF7 system, Fallen One would deal 9999hp damage to sephy. Similar to all the other damage attacks that have such an effect.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-21-2005, 07:31 PM
I know Fallen One doesn't display a number when it is used, it merely reduces the target's hit points to one. However, as I recall Super Nova does, which means that it caps at 9999, which, as I recall, Kefka possesses more hit points than. Remembering this, it'd probably take several Super Novas to reduce Kefka's hit points with the damage cap on, whereas Kefka can use Fallen One but once and acheive the desired results. Thus Kefka wins because the nature his attack can override the damage cap whereas Sephiroth's cannot.

strawberryman
03-21-2005, 10:01 PM
I know Fallen One doesn't display a number when it is used, it merely reduces the target's hit points to one. However, as I recall Super Nova does, which means that it caps at 9999, which, as I recall, Kefka possesses more hit points than. Remembering this, it'd probably take several Super Novas to reduce Kefka's hit points with the damage cap on, whereas Kefka can use Fallen One but once and acheive the desired results. Thus Kefka wins because the nature his attack can override the damage cap whereas Sephiroth's cannot.
The laws of the game are cruel, no? :rolleyes2
Kind of sad how easy Kefka could make it.

Destai
03-21-2005, 10:14 PM
Attacks like that have never worked on bosses in any FF game. Only Zanmato in X and Caith Siths game over slot in VII. Neither bosses could use either of those attacks and normal status effects like death never had any effect on final bosses in most games.

strawberryman
03-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Attacks like that have never worked on bosses in any FF game. Only Zanmato in X and Caith Siths game over slot in VII. Neither bosses could use either of those attacks and normal status effects like death never had any effect on final bosses in most games.
Yeah, true. But have you ever seen two bosses fighting amongst eachother? :D

Masamune·1600
03-22-2005, 12:04 AM

Setzer also has an instant win combination in FFVI. Technically, Gilgamesh in FFVIII can kill anything with Zantetsuken, including Ultima, Omega, and all forms of Ultimecia. Selphie's The End was effective against everything (including Ultima and Omega) except Ultimecia and the undead. CONGRATS! in X-2 worked on some bosses.

If you allow Super Nova and Fallen One to be fully effective (which I still don't agree with), it still comes down to who uses their critical move first, at least some of the time. With his status protection neutralized, Kefka could be Frogged by SN, in which case he obviously wouldn't be able to use Fallen One. Or do much of anything. Since you can't count on a DEBILITATING status effect, Kefka would probably win more often under these terms. But it would still be split.

My opinion on Fallen One? Or Bizarro Seph's Heartless Angel? Or any other 1-HP move? Well, I couldn't get Matra Magic to work on Necron in FFIX, so I feel final bosses should be immune. Especially since this would ruin all those threads people put together regarding battles between the Weapons. Ruby would be enabled to Whirlsand everyone into oblivion.

biff0465
03-22-2005, 03:36 AM
this is ridiculous obviously Sephiroth is the coolest character from any game

strawberryman
03-22-2005, 03:39 AM
this is ridiculous obviously Sephiroth is the coolest character from any game
Have you even played FF6? :rolleyes2

biff0465
03-22-2005, 03:41 AM
no but III is exactly the same game

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-22-2005, 03:43 AM
Does anybody have the hard stats on both of the characters?

strawberryman
03-22-2005, 03:44 AM
no but III is exactly the same game
Not really. Unless you're talking about the U.S version, which is called FF3.
FF6 in Japan is FF3 here. They really screwed up the number system.

Better question. Do you know who Kefka is?

Does anybody have the hard stats on both of the characters?
as a matter of fact, I do.

Kefka
Level- 71
HP- 62000
MP- 38000
Atk- 80
Def- 117
Attacks- Normal, Havoc Wing, Revenger, Hyper Drive, Goner, Train, Fallen One, Fire Ice and Thunder 3, and Ultima.

Safer Sephiroth
Level- ?
HP- 150000
MP- 8500
Atk- ?
Def- ?
Attacks- Havoc Wing, Pale Horse, Deen, DeBarrier, DeSpell, Demi3, Break, Wall, Shadow Flare, Super Nova

biff0465
03-22-2005, 03:48 AM
yes it's the main bad guy

strawberryman
03-22-2005, 03:53 AM
yes it's the main bad guy
In greater detail, possibly. :rolleyes2

biff0465
03-22-2005, 04:00 AM
i haven't played it in awhile, i like kefka as well as FFIII but i've just always thought Sephiroth was really cool (i love swords)

strawberryman
03-22-2005, 04:03 AM
i haven't played it in awhile, i like kefka as well as FFIII but i've just always thought Sephiroth was really cool (i love swords)
Just checking. Don't need people who have'nt played one or the other giving a baised opinion. I never really did finish 7, though. got right around the end and lost interest.

biff0465
03-22-2005, 04:06 AM
well if you haven't beaten VII i wouldn't call myself a ff fan

strawberryman
03-22-2005, 04:08 AM
well if you haven't beaten VII i wouldn't call myself a ff fan
Please don't say that. I don't want to get started into the who's/who's not an FF fan. This thread is about Kefka vs. Sephiroth.

biff0465
03-22-2005, 04:10 AM
didn't mean to let it come out like that didn't want to piss anyone off i'm sure you love ff as much as me ur jus interested in different things

strawberryman
03-22-2005, 04:12 AM
didn't mean to let it come out like that didn't want to piss anyone off i'm sure you love ff as much as me ur jus interested in different things
Thank you. :)

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-22-2005, 04:33 AM
I'd hardly call FFVII the test of a "True FF Fan" since FFVII and VIII were extremely deviant from what most Final Fantasies are.

Anyways,

With the hard stats, Safer Sephiroth does come out on top, but that's assuming that Fallen One doesn't work, and also how they are being controlled. If it were both in control of A"I" then it'd be up in the air most of the times. The Super Nova/Fallen One is the big issue, IF they work more often than not Kefka'll come out on top. If they do not work, then Safer Sephiroth probably'd win most of the time. Although come to think of it, I don't believe Safer Sephiroth can do a whole lot of damage with his attacks, as I recall correctly he was never getting over 3,000. I don't recall the damage that Kefka was dishing out, I'll have to beat VI again before I can do that, so I still can't say with absolute certainty who does have the edge in this fight.

FallenAngel411
03-22-2005, 04:52 AM
I'd hardly call FFVII the test of a "True FF Fan" since FFVII and VIII were extremely deviant from what most Final Fantasies are.

Were they really? Then, were IX and X deviant as well? I can't say, I've only play VII and up, but I'd love to get my hands on a copy of VI. I've started becoming interested in the older FFs because of this forum....but why exactly do VII and VIII differ from the older FFs, then?

And, on topic....obviously I haven't played VI yet, but I've read the forum, and I get the general gist of where the competition really lies. I agree that if Kefka's Fallen One move works, then Sephiroth is dead--no hope. However, since bosses tend to be immune to these things, Sephiroth might not be affected, except that he was affected by Cait Sith's Game Over, and....um....

This thread is going to go around in many, many, many circles, you know. :)

strawberryman
03-22-2005, 05:08 AM
Were they really? Then, were IX and X deviant as well? I can't say, I've only play VII and up, but I'd love to get my hands on a copy of VI. I've started becoming interested in the older FFs because of this forum....but why exactly do VII and VIII differ from the older FFs, then?

And, on topic....obviously I haven't played VI yet, but I've read the forum, and I get the general gist of where the competition really lies. I agree that if Kefka's Fallen Angel move works, then Sephiroth is dead--no hope. However, since bosses tend to be immune to these things, Sephiroth might not be effected, except that he was effected by Cait Sith's Game Over, and....um....

This thread is going to go around in many, many, many circles, you know. :)

That's exactly why I made the thread. To see where It would get.
These are considered the 'Greatest' among the FF villians.

EDIT-
I also notice they both have havoc wing.

udsuna
03-22-2005, 05:45 AM
But the nature of "hard stats" doesn't cross genres. Don't forget, FF7 had considerably higher damage being thrown about. They gave out 9999 damage attacks like candy by the third disk. The gaming equivilant to inflation.

Also, FA, you should be able to find emulation and roms for all the classic FF games, right here on this site. Personally, I advise you try out FF1, FF5 and FF6... the others really don't have much to offer that you can't find (better) in those three.

Rase
03-22-2005, 05:48 AM
EDIT-
I also notice they both have havoc wing.

Must be an angel thing.

black orb
03-26-2005, 02:27 AM
*Sephiroth swipes Masamune* *sephiroth wins*
>>> Well said..