PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Symphonia

Lord Xehanort
03-19-2005, 02:07 PM
I adore this game... I'm currently on my third playthrough and in the final dungeon. I am in love with Lloyd and Zelos, and Genis is sooo adorable (especially in his Katz Katz Katz suit!)!

So, does anyone else around here luvvle this game? Feel free to post pictures of your faves!

P.S. Mithos is an awesome villian!

Chris
03-19-2005, 02:10 PM
I've been meaning to buy this game ever since it was released... but is it really worth a purchase?

Lindy
03-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Saying Mithos is an awesome villain is a huge spoiler.

Say Yggdrasil instead, since the whole Mithos = Yggdrasil thing isn't obvious until, like, the end of the first disc/start of the second

In fact, don't mention either of them, damnit >_>

abrojtm
03-19-2005, 06:33 PM
Yea, I love this game, I've rented it like 134 times (which ends up being cheaper than buying).

Luc
03-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I have it. I'm not too far in it, but it's a really great game. I'm barely doing the Water Seal so I'm not really far at all. :|

NM
03-19-2005, 08:31 PM
I thought it was a decent game, but it dragged on abit towards the end I thought.

Rase
03-19-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm currently looking for Sylph, so I'm not sure how far I am. However, I'm not on the second disk, so.... yeah. I'm loving it still, it's currently the game I'm playing the most.

Xalioniaf
03-20-2005, 03:02 AM
I just finnished the Water Seal and got the stuff back to the man who I won't spoil because I forgot his name anyway. Anyway, it's a pretty good game.

BatChao
03-20-2005, 06:04 AM
ToS has probably the best battle system in any RPG, which is its saving grace. The story is actually pretty predictable and cliche, but I'll be damned it that battle system doesn keep me coming back for more. The graphics also kick all sorts of ass. I absolutely LOVE Kosuke Fujishima's work... so being able to play a game with his designs is awesome.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-21-2005, 08:33 AM
I rather liked it but was disappointed at the lack of Anime FMVs.

Gixugif
03-21-2005, 11:16 AM
I thought this game was excellent. I'd have to agree that the battle system is one of the best. The story was quite cliche, but cliche isn't always bad and I still think they pulled it off nicely.

Wiegrahf42
03-23-2005, 03:36 AM
Blah... I never bothered to get very far during my rental, To me it seemed like a rehash of Star Ocean 2 and Final Fantasy X (but even shallower).

Excelsior
03-23-2005, 05:43 AM
ahh words cannot describe how much i love this game. its probably my favorite game on the cube, along with the new paper mario. i love how you never know who is good and bad until literally the very end of the game. i thought that it was pretty unique in that way, and put it away from being just a cliche rpg

FallenAngel411
03-23-2005, 05:49 AM
It's decent. The battle system was quite lovely, but the story did seem awfully familiar to Final Fantasy X. There were some nice plot twists, however. And I agree it dragged a bit towards the end. And also the hype about the anime cut scenes got me excited, and there were barely any at all.

But still, average. The battle system gives it tons of points.