PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII Crashing Problem

CanOBean
03-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Hey, FFVII works fine on my computer, but in the middle of nowhere it crashes and brings up the error report...I'm obviously using Windows XP, and I have the patches installed...Anyone know how to fix this problem...Thanks for any help...

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Where does it crash?
What does the error say?

CanOBean
03-20-2005, 05:42 PM
It crashes in random spots...It has never crashed in the same place twice, at no specific time interval...It will just up and crash in the middle of gameplay for no reason...And it gives no error for as to why it crashed, it just completely closes and goes back to my desktop...I get the XP "Error Report" window, but that doesn't give you any information...

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Hmm, sounds like when I used to play LightHouse (I think on win95 or 98). On one of my computers, it randomly crashed, so I learned how to save regularly.

I'm not really sure what the problem is. Close all other programs before you run FFVII. If that doesn't work, try rebooting. Next, I'd re-install the game if all else fails.

I have FFVII on WinXP, and I've only experienced crashes if I mess around in the Debug Room.

Cltn2080
04-02-2005, 02:38 AM
I originally played the game on the PC and had similar problems. As with all computer games, it is susceptible to random, innexplicable crashes and glitches. I know it can be frustrating beyond belief. These kinds of problems are very difficult to solve, so my best recommendation would just be to find a copy of the playstation version. That's what I did the the second time around. It just wasn't worth the frustration.