PDA

View Full Version : Best job classes

Del Murder
03-19-2005, 08:21 PM
I have never played this game, but I wanted to include at leat one FFXI class combo in my next character tournament. Can you guys tell me your opinion of what the coolest/strongest/most popular job combinations are in this game? (just pick one or two)

Levian
03-20-2005, 12:59 AM
Each to his own, I guess. If I still played FFXI, I guess I would've been a Paladin with Warrior as a subjob. That's the best fighter class, imho. Ninja is also good, but I don't like ninjas outside FF and they're way too expensive anyway. So it would be either Paladin or Black Mage for me. White mage would get boring rather quick, even though it has its advantages.

Paladin or Black mage.

UltimateSpamGrover
03-20-2005, 03:20 AM
Paladin/Warrior
or
Ninja/Thief

Lionx
03-20-2005, 05:00 AM
The most strongest soloable job combination would probably go to the RDM/NIN award where they can wear down the monster and stay alive the best.

abrojtm
03-20-2005, 05:06 AM
White Mage is obviously consistently the most used party (Hell, they're in like EVERY party until Red Mages start learning Life). Black Mage consitently deals a large amount of damage throughout the entire game. So does Ranger, but I'd say Ninja is the best class because it makes such a good subjob for so many other jobs.

strawberryman
03-20-2005, 06:33 AM
they all have thier advantages and disadvantages.

Warrior- basic tank
Monk- Hit pretty hard
White mage- Healer!
Black mage- Black Magic!
Red mage- A little bit of everything.
Thief- What's cooler than a thief? :D
Paladin- Good tank, heals
Dark knight- GREAT attack
Beastmaster- MADE for soloing
Ranger- Some of the hardest hits in the game!
Bard- Really fun to play as. :D
Summoner- nothing, as you can't summon bahamut. :(
Samurai- enhanced TP gain
Ninja- Big array of special abilities.
Dragoon- Wyverns

I say dark knight. with a warrior or samurai subjob.

Lionx
03-20-2005, 08:33 AM
WAR = Versitle Melee, can tank or damage deal depending on your GEAR and SUB alone. XD They arent ONLY tanks. They can do over 1K dmg easily as well.

MNK = Bone killer :x

RDM = Enfeeb/Heal/BackupNuke/Enhance...definetly not a bit of everything..its more 70/30 deal...

THF = Hate Control

PLD = Reliable tank, not good vs super toughs but good against the normal ITs. :P It does way more than heal..Cover is your friend.

BRD = Machine :x

NIN = Blink Tank :x Can tank Super ITs, but hate is an issue if not played properly which many dont.

DRG = Hate Control/THF partner of choice.

DRK = Weaker than DRG until lvl 60-ish with good WSs :P Enfeeb

SMN = A mage versitility thing..heal buff nuke.

RNG = Hard hit, paper DEF.

and..yea :x i love my condom hat

Fullmonty
03-20-2005, 05:55 PM
if you wantto kil stuff by yourself, i woule say RDM/NIN or NIN/WAR, but if you like being in groups and dealing massive dmg i would say RNG/NIN or BLM/RDM

Citizen Bleys
03-21-2005, 10:08 AM
Do bard, because I am one.

Miriel
03-21-2005, 03:12 PM
White mages keep everyone alive and healthy and everyone loves us. :love:

Unless you're a sucky white mage in which case people will blind you with their hatred. Lucky I'm such a super cool white mage. ;)

eternalshiva
03-21-2005, 03:47 PM
RDM is a pretty popular class to use, easy to get to lvl 75 fast if you don;t want to sit in Jeuno Looking for Group all that long >.> Plus we get the PIMP HAT. (I'm a rdm >.>) Ususal subs for RDM are WHM and BLM. Different reasons, different stat boosts depending on your class XD plus Chainspell Escape is always nice >.>

Bard is also very nice to level, rare to see brds at higher levels, rare to see bards in general. Not a lot of people have the patience or the stamina to level that class *Kudos to you Bleys* BRD usually subs WHM.

Besides RDM and BRD all other classes are unimportant >=) WHM Raise 2 is overrated XD (Omg I'm just messing)

lordblazer
03-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Do bard, because I am one.
yeah do bard I'm also a Bard and the job is very very very fun.The other ones might sound kewl but trust me if you want true fun and if you have a lot of wit on ya(for RPing purposes).Then do bard.

Fullmonty
03-21-2005, 09:58 PM
I am BLM, and it is awesome to MB for 1500+ dmg :P, i love dmg

Misfit
03-22-2005, 12:05 PM
RDM is a pretty popular class to use, easy to get to lvl 75 fast if you don;t want to sit in Jeuno Looking for Group all that long >.> Plus we get the PIMP HAT. (I'm a rdm >.>) Ususal subs for RDM are WHM and BLM. Different reasons, different stat boosts depending on your class XD plus Chainspell Escape is always nice >.>
I agree, I switched jobs to RDM and there's no way I'm going to level anything else. RDM is sooo fun, and awesome, and cool, and FUN, and etc. ^__^

eternalshiva
03-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Yay! One more to the RDM side mwhahaha

Lionx
03-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Thanks alot, do you know how many RDM N00bs there are these days? :x

Fullmonty
03-23-2005, 01:19 AM
i agree with lionx, i dont want some RDM noob in my PT that is doing RDM for their 1st job, i would suggest doing a job that isnt hard, like paladin before i did RDM, RDM is a big part of the PT and has a lot to do and if you are a noob that isnt familiar you will not be efficient in a PT, i would say do an easy job till like 50 to at least get a small feel of whats going on before you do RDM get over you head and get a bad rap as one of those RDM that "doesnt enfeeble or anything, just refreshes".......so much more to RDM than just refreshing people to be good

Lionx
03-23-2005, 02:15 AM
PLD isnt easy :x

The RDMs sub stuff like NIN, melee only, some dont refresh ever..no dispel, when asked i am too poor :x....no enfeeble no MB...just melee...scary..

eternalshiva
03-23-2005, 04:53 AM
eh?

I don't recall saying anything about woot bad rdm roxorz!1! I for one loathe the bad rdm who thinks /war is a great sub >.>

I'm a good rdm damn it ; ; I have all my spells, even erase for when I sub whm ; ; I made it 70 and beat Maat after 4 tries ; ;. I have all elemental staves, for enfeebling, MB, etc. I macro equip swaps on all spells ; ; I stopped meleeing at lvl 58 cause of enfeebling was a bigger priority ; ; I mean I did make it to lvl 70 ; ;

Don't hate the RDM! ; ;

Misfit
03-23-2005, 12:22 PM
*is a good rdm*
*knows what to do in parties*
*isn't a noob*
*isn't a newb, either*
*takes that offensively*
*isn't poor*
*can afford her spells and http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif*
*doesn't even party unless she HAS all her spells*

*/slap Fullmonty, /slap lionx, /cheer eternalshiva*

Jerks. >:\

Lionx
03-23-2005, 08:43 PM
/taruhump Misfit :love:

Misfit
03-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Eww, get it off!

Speaking of taru humping... there's this rdm taru in my LS and he has this hump macro, haha omg it's really funny. :D I tell him to go hump all these random people...

Wait... /disgusted >:o

Fullmonty
03-23-2005, 09:54 PM
i was referring to people that start as RDM and have no experience, not anyone in particular. and PLd is easy.... Voke, flash, sentinel, defender..... lose hate,maybe...voke, flash, rampart......PLD is cake lol, i hae played it to 70+ i should know

Lionx
03-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Lol its not the hardest of all, but PLD sometimes can be challenging..:x vs Spiders..Sickle Slash rocks XD; Its a play on abilities that sometimes people cant do...-_-;

eternalshiva
03-24-2005, 01:16 AM
lol yay misfit XD

Miriel
03-24-2005, 08:08 AM
I played Black Mage for the first time in a loooong time and I'd forgotten how much fun it is.

I become ridiculously happy when I magic burst or when Drain does a bucket load of damage. It makes me giddy.

So yeah, WHM/BLM = best combo ever. :love:

Misfit
03-24-2005, 12:08 PM
I become ridiculously happy when I magic burst or when Drain does a bucket load of damage. It makes me giddy.
That reminds me of the first time I did a burst with RDM... I was casting SLOW and I didn't even know that a burst would happen. xD That was SO COOL! x)

Lich3636
04-06-2005, 05:25 PM
a high lv Sam/rng has got to be one of the most cruel jobs ever high accuracy, high dmg, because of rng you can dodge fairly well, and the fact that they can spam Sidewinder is icying on the cake. but like all dmg dealers except for war it dosent have the best Def

Lionx
04-07-2005, 01:06 AM
RNG dodging well? @_@ i dont remember that at all..i think they actually have mediocore evasion..

DRKs have high DEF if you equip em that way, i would think although impractical, they could tank if they wanted to. MNKs also have high VIT and can tank certain monsters like mandragora or crawlers. I also believe that SAM was supposed to tank but in the end didnt make it..i ono their AF with enmity + seemed to hint at that.

Plus doesnt PLD out of all the classes should have the most Def?

Misfit
04-07-2005, 01:20 AM
Plus doesnt PLD out of all the classes should have the most Def?
Yes!

Mikztsu
04-07-2005, 03:38 PM
Rng/Nin > all when it comest to damage dealing and pulling ( Maybe silly blackmages does more sometimes) and lots and lots of fun. :)