PDA

View Full Version : The Goodest Goodie. As in the main hero.

Orcan Fang
03-20-2005, 06:57 PM
I would appreciate it if you told me what your favorite Good character is and why. Yuna , for ex.

rubah
03-20-2005, 07:59 PM
okay, this is 'who's your favorite character, no angsty sephiroth fangirls allowed.' gotcha.

I'll try to pick just one-- auron, yuna, rinoa, or squall. hmm.

Let's go with Squall.

He clearly has the coolest outfit and would probably be one of the ones that would stand out the least in the real world, being that leather jackets are a common commodity. He's just got to do something about tucking his pants into his boots. And loosing the belts.

He also has the coolest hair (auron coming in a close second), as impossible as it may be for guys to imitate. He's got a very. . .characteristic facial scar (again, auron in second still:D) and he's somewhat gruff with words. (auron:D)

He talks in elipsis, a personal preference of yours truly, and he proves that whatever Marge Simpson says, men can be changed, once in a while.

RedCydranth
03-20-2005, 08:14 PM
The most noble of all Final Fantasy characters IMO is Ramza from FFT. He was chivalrous 100% of the time.

Other decent do-gooders were Zidane, Vivi, Cecil, Rosa, Mog, Relm, Frionial, Maria and Guy.

They were all very noble in their fight against evil.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-20-2005, 08:28 PM
I agree that Ramza Beoulve was one of the noblest characters in any Final Fantasy game.

Cecil's character I like, he wants to do the right thing and is torn between his duty to the king and his own moral compass. When he becomes a Paladin he finally begins to act as he feels is right, not as he is commanded.

I always thought that General Leo was quite a noble character, you get hints of that with his interactions with the other soldiers. He's obviously well-liked and respected, although he believes that his Empire is just and fights wholeheartedly for it. You note that he also refused to have an infusion of magic, instead relying on his own abilities.

Chris
03-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Selphie Tilmitt
Selphie is my favorite, alongside Reina (FFV) & Quina (FFIX).

rubah
03-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Selphie was always anxious to blow stuff up;)

Flamethrower
03-20-2005, 11:03 PM
I don't think any Final Fantasy main character had a better heart than Zidane. He was genuinely nice to everybody, and constantly sacrificed himself to help others, even his own enemy. Yeah, he was quite fond of the ladies, but that's hardly a crime. ;)

strawberryman
03-20-2005, 11:28 PM
http://ff6.guide.free.fr/PERSOS/body-gogo.jpg

Rase
03-21-2005, 06:14 AM
Edge, ladies man and ninja COMBINED!

Cybele
03-21-2005, 08:07 AM
For best hero, Kain from FFIV was really cool. I liked his story a lot and his character had so much detail. For best heroine, I really liked Rydia a whole lot. She had a lot of detail since you meet her as a child and her character was very well developed. I guess my favorites from all of the FFs would be: Rydia, Kain, Terra, and Aeris.

Chris
03-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Selphie was always anxious to blow stuff up;)

Yeah that blows!

:bigbiggri

biff0465
03-22-2005, 03:32 AM
cloud or squall cause they use swords and they are MEN

(nothing against women but there role in a video game should be stick to being the love interest and white mage) (so obviously i Hate ffX-2)

Alder
03-22-2005, 04:16 AM
To me, the most badass hero of Final Fantasy will probably always be Cecil.

Hey, he was a Paladin. He fought his way to the core of the moon. Cecil is the man.

eestlinc
03-22-2005, 06:52 AM
Ramza, clearly. Butz was good too. He didn't really have problems either.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-22-2005, 07:22 AM
For the record, the question is who is the most noble and selfless of the heroes of Final Fantasy, not who is the coolest, most badass, or most manly [sic] of the bunch.

strawberryman
03-22-2005, 07:30 AM
For the record, the question is who is the most noble and selfless of the heroes of Final Fantasy, not who is the coolest, most badass, or most manly [sic] of the bunch.
Gogo has no personality, so he/she/it cannot be evil, or good, but... Therefore he/she/it is the most 'good' character, because he/she/it cannot be weighed down by evil emotions. Beat that. :tongue:

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-22-2005, 08:15 AM
I wasn't talking to you so much as I was talking to Alder, biff0465, Terra*Aeris, and Rase.

rubah
03-22-2005, 09:21 AM
The original question doesn't say anything about them having to be good. It just says 'your favorite Good character' which implies that they are on the hero's/playable character's side.

What with the topic going on about goodie goodies, it's easy to imagine otherwise.

but we dont listen to topics, right? :D

Rase
03-22-2005, 02:39 PM
I would appreciate it if you told me what your favorite Good character is and why.

I don't see anything about them having to be being noble or selfless. It seems like a broad, classic "Who's your favorite and why" thread (maybe because it says that in the post itself). Unless Orcan Fang post a revision or changes or specifies it in some why, I stand by my choice, which wasn't a joke, that's why I like Edge. That and being able to Throw.

Cybele
03-22-2005, 06:45 PM
I wasn't talking to you so much as I was talking to Alder, biff0465, Terra*Aeris, and Rase.

Okay, so my phrasing sucked...but it should have been easy to see where I was coming from with the characters I picked. Terra and Aeris speak for themselves. What I meant with Kain was that he was a very good person. He always wanted to do the right thing, but it was other things around him that made him easy to control. Cecil basically got everything that Kain wanted, Rosa, the king's respect, everything, that made Kain easy to control because even though I'm sure he was happy for his friend, it was still everything that he wanted and deserved. But one line of his that really stuck with me was this one...
Character: "But what if you fall under Zemus' control again?"
Kain: "If that happens, go ahead and get rid of me."
He clearly wanted to do the right thing and was trying to the whole way. That's what made him such a good and noble character even though you end up fighting him sometimes. Sure, he wasn't entirely selfless with the way he was, but it's how his character developes through the game that makes him so great. As for Rydia, it's pretty obvious why I chose her. The little girl who got thrown into everything, but who is continuing to fight because she wants to help the world and her friends. She also wants to avenge the deaths and pains of the people she loved. I usually don't care much for the main character, probably because they put so many great side characters in the games that deserve to be noticed.
Besides, I think this thread was just meant to exclude all of the die hard Sephiroth and Kefka fans and trying to make people pick another character who actually had good intentions.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Kain's jealousy was a great part of his character, and you are right that he is a noble character despite what happens to him.

Terra I found to be interesting, especially with her time spent with the children in the WOR. She finds that they need her, and she doesn't want to fight again even though she knows something should be done because they do need her. Talk about a tough decision.

strawberryman
03-22-2005, 10:12 PM
That i know. It was a challenge to see whom can come up with a more 'good' character than Gogo. :D

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Actually Gogo does have a rather noble air about him, given what he says when he joins you.

rubah
03-22-2005, 10:46 PM
Although, Gogo sorta has it tough by being a senator.

It's hard for a senator to exist and still be good, you know.

strawberryman
03-22-2005, 10:48 PM
Although, Gogo sorta has it tough by being a senator.

It's hard for a senator to exist and still be good, you know.
What the..?
Gogos a senator?

rubah
03-22-2005, 10:58 PM
. . . You didn't know?

Adlai Stevenson, the coolest mimic ever.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-22-2005, 11:05 PM
It's an old joke that's been bandied around this forum for awhile. Browse the FFVI for more info.

Flamethrower
03-22-2005, 11:43 PM

(nothing against women but there role in a video game should be stick to being the love interest and white mage) (so obviously i Hate ffX-2)

Hey, 2005 called. It wants to know where you've been.

I forgot about Yuna. It doesn't get any more selfless than her.

Snap Jumper
03-23-2005, 12:28 AM

Exactly why I like Terra. A versatile woman that can wield a sword and can take care of herself and the kids at Mobliz too.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-23-2005, 01:16 AM
Yuna's selflessness is interesting because it seems to have a cultural basis, one of the interesting things is to see how her personality changes when it no longer becomes part of the culture, so to speak.

Flamethrower
03-23-2005, 01:43 AM
So she changes in FFX-2? That sucks, I like her how she was in FFX.

squareSOFT
03-23-2005, 01:44 AM
Everything changes in x-2. Everthing good that is

biff0465
03-23-2005, 01:47 AM
i think that cloud has the deepest personality because you have to go through that whole finding himself point in the game.

squareSOFT
03-23-2005, 01:49 AM
I never really like Cloud but he is fairly deep. I really like Yuna in X mainly cause she knows she's going to die for her people, yet when she's alive shes not depressed or anything she's still trying to do more.