PDA

View Full Version : Which company is better than the others?

GooeyToast
03-20-2005, 10:58 PM
I've been thinking lately about getting a Final Fantasy IX OST off ebay considering they are only $20 bucks and I was wondering which company or publisher I should buy it from.

I really don't feel like paying double for an original copy and I am content with a pirated copy for half the price. As a matter of fact, I bought a FF8 OST off ebay recently which was published by Yuanding and the only thing that sucked about it was the picture quality in the booklet.

So, which bootleg company and which ebay users are better than the others? I really don't mind that much as long as it sounds okay and the pictures are of decent quality. Let me know what you think. :)

Doomgaze
03-21-2005, 01:26 AM
Either pirate it for free or pay full price. Don't give those companies money.

GooeyToast
03-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Well, I personally don't want to pay double just so I can not give those companies money. Besides, I'm sure square-enix is faring just fine evn with all those bootlegers.

Also, if I was going to get a "free" pirated copy, where exactly would I get it?

Servilonus2112
03-24-2005, 07:12 PM
They mean download it.

GooeyToast
03-25-2005, 10:51 AM
I know he meant to download it. My question is, where am I supposed to get all 120 something tracks on the cds without having to resort to kazaa or limewire?

Servilonus2112
03-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Where to get it? http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcplusplus/. Install this. Once installed, open it, and go to the settings option. Where it says description, put anything, but make sure it starts with VGM, this is important. But whatever as your user name, connection, etc. Then, share one video game album under the sharings feature, it must be an official soundtrack. If you really dont have one and cant get one, contact me and Ill send you one on AIM or whatnot. Finally, go to file-quick connect, and enter vgmcentral.no-ip.com. When you enter the chat, ask to be verified, or send an OP (icons have keys) a private message. Once you are verified (you can check by leaving and then entering again, put the hub in your favorites by right clicking the tab, so you can auto connect upon entering next time) you can use the search feature and download. Here you can find every videogame soundtrack or remix, and essentially any thing VG related here. The share size is about 10.59 TiB, or 10590 GB. You can find anything here, and Im sure you can find any FF album in about 3 seconds. PM or IM me if you have any questions.

GooeyToast
03-25-2005, 09:50 PM
Oh..... Thanks a lot for the info. Lately I've mostly been using Limewire, which although fast, doesn't have even half the songs of the OST.

And in regards to whether or not I have an OST, I"ve got both the ff7 and ff8 OSTs, but unfourtunatly they're both bootlegged,thereby not making them "original ". :(

Servilonus2112
03-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Limewire sucks. Use DC++, full albums and plenty of em. You can even browse my files, as I share all the FF OSTs, and most of the other FF albums.

GooeyToast
03-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Where do you download DC ++?

Forgive me for not knowing anything, but I don't think I've heard of that before.

Servilonus2112
03-26-2005, 01:03 AM
(sigh) Remeber the big ass post I made? The link is where you can download DC++, and then simply follow the instructions I gave to get to where you need to go in DC++. IM me or PM me if you need any help.

GooeyToast
03-26-2005, 05:59 AM
Oh, must have skipped over that part. Sorry for making you post again.