PDA

View Full Version : No Concerts/Parties where you live?

GhandiOwnsYou
03-21-2005, 02:16 AM
FORM AN ASSOCIATION! I've got to say, i always thought it was a pathetic attempt by some sad folks to get "Heavy Metal Association of _____" or "Punk crew of _______" in an attempt to get shows going, but i hooked up with my friend mike and his VARA (Virginia Ravers Association) crew a while ago, and went to the one of the best parties i've ever attended friday.

Essentially, Mike's a big time techno/trance fan. But we all live in the Hub of VA, where the nearest decent rave scene is 3 hours away in Washington DC (Nation, the club, rocks though) So mike got sick of it and formed the VARA, in an attempt to get DJ's, tech guyts, and partygoers all in one place and get a good scene going. The party friday featured two bands, two DJ's spinning, full lights systems and three foggers blowing. Easily 40 + people were there at any given time, with more cycling in and out. I'll upload some pics when they develope.

So, My question is, Does your Scene suck? What have you done about it!

Meat Puppet
03-21-2005, 04:20 AM
underground, baby.

The Captain
03-21-2005, 04:23 AM
Luckily I'm only a stone's throw from NYC, so I can get to a concert, party, or jazz club often which is a very nice luxury to have.

Take care all.

edczxcvbnm
03-21-2005, 06:13 AM
Does my "scene" suck? I would not have a clue or really care?
What have I done about it? Nothing at all. So little that I have not even bothered to see if there is a "scene" around here.

Del Murder
03-21-2005, 06:17 AM
The only sound I hear is the hum of my computer. My scene is great.

Calliope
03-21-2005, 06:18 AM
Popscene alriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Parties. Ugh.

GhandiOwnsYou
03-22-2005, 01:25 AM
Does my "scene" suck? I would not have a clue or really care?
What have I done about it? Nothing at all. So little that I have not even bothered to see if there is a "scene" around here.

*shrugs* then i dare say you don't have a scene. no need for qoutes btw, i'm not trying to group folks into "emo" vs "punk" scenes or anything, taht gets retarded. I'm jsut talking about the scope of music in general. Some areas really put no effort into gettin shows going. That's all i was saying, not requesting for people to rant on "dood, my scene is DEAD. All the bands SUCK now!"

Crazy the Clown
03-22-2005, 06:10 AM
Parties? Concerts? In my town? Don't make me laugh. The only historical landmark we have in my town is a f---ing gazebo outside a train station. (Yawn.)

Miriel
03-22-2005, 08:36 AM
I live in Los Angeles, there are parties and concerts going on ALL THE TIME. In fact, I just got back from an amazing Kaiser Chiefs concert at the Troubadour.

It was so friggen awesome. :D

Skogs
03-22-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm at university.

'nuff said, really.