Zerlina
03-21-2005, 04:01 AM
Hi, I'm new here. Hello, hello!

Anyways,
Does it bug anyone else that Necorn says at the end:

"Fear leads to anger
Anger leads to hate
Hate leads to suffering"

My cousin is obsessed with star wars and used to repeat this line all the time. Now I always associate Kuja with Darth Vadar (sp?)

TheAbominatrix
03-21-2005, 04:07 AM
FF has referenced Star Wars many times before.

Zerlina
03-21-2005, 04:10 AM
I sense a lot of Star Wars fans at Squaresoft ;)

Excelsior
03-21-2005, 04:17 AM
well, also, if u read my other thread, FF9 is basically the same thing as FF4, which is also basically the same thing as star wars. in fact, im gonna make a thread about how FF games are the same as star wars.

boris no no
03-21-2005, 01:51 PM
HEEHEEHEE
now i keeps thinking that necron has a voice like yoda!
:D:D:D
welcome to the best forum from EOFF! :love:
we're all here to help you with whatever! plus we can make a mean hot chocolate!

:D
:love:

Chris
03-21-2005, 02:35 PM

Anyways,

"Fear leads to anger
Anger leads to hate
Hate leads to suffering"

My cousin is obsessed with star wars and used to repeat this line all the time. Now I always associate Kuja with Darth Vadar (sp?)

Hi and welcome.... I really dig your sig.

E N J O Y O__o!

ShivaBlizzard8
03-21-2005, 03:13 PM
I sense a lot of Star Wars fans at Squaresoft ;)
LOL - I agree. For instance, many of the FFs have characters named Biggs and Wedge after two Star Wars characters.

There's also a bunch of references to Star Trek, including Dr. McCoy's famous line, "Dammit, Jim, I'm a Doctor, not a (fill in the blank here.)" I forget who says this in FF9, but I remember it being there. :p

pieckey
03-21-2005, 06:06 PM
yes, and I think oglops look a little bit like tribbles too

Pauten
03-21-2005, 06:45 PM
Slightly off topic but, I always felt that the design of Balamb Garden's training area in FFVIII was a homage to the Dinosaur padocks in Jurassic Park.

Ezme
03-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Yeah i thought that about balamb too....

Zerlina
03-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Hi and welcome.... I really dig your sig.

E N J O Y O__o!

Thanks. It's a link to my new site ;).

Gwelenguchenkus
03-23-2005, 03:45 AM
Slightly off topic but, I always felt that the design of Balamb Garden's training area in FFVIII was a homage to the Dinosaur padocks in Jurassic Park.

Heheh, who HASN'T? Even before I fought any dinosaurs in that area, the first thought was 'wow, jurrasic park?'. When I fought a T-Rex I was convinced. I believe that was intentional too.

ffrinoa8
03-26-2005, 02:13 AM

Anyways,

"Fear leads to anger
Anger leads to hate
Hate leads to suffering"

i know how you feel but it's not my brother but my friend! :D

TurkSlayer
03-26-2005, 07:23 PM
Yeah I told a friend of mine about Biggs and Wedge and he stared freaking out about Star Wars. Biggs in FF7 also says something very similar to something Biggs said in Star Wars, but I can't remember what. and in response to what ShivaBlizzard8 said about the Star Trek line, I think it was Tot that said that. So much Star Wars...

Del Murder
04-03-2005, 03:10 AM
Yeah, it was kind of corny.