PDA

View Full Version : games and report

ffrinoa8
03-21-2005, 07:39 PM
as said in the title of this of thread it is about games and reports. well i'm doing a report on games and there effects on today's society. and also it recommended that you have public veiws on this article you are working on. so tell me your opinnions and veiws on games and there effects.

Odaisé Gaelach
03-21-2005, 10:24 PM
Perhaps this would be better suited in a different forum. But anyway...

Gaming has had a lot of bad press recently, with the "Murder by Playstation" scandal blown out of all proportion by the newspapers. But, to be honest, parents don't show enough common sense when buying games for their children. They put 18 symbols on the cases for a reason! Likewise, titles like Manhunt should cause parents to be a little bit worried. When you see a game called Killzone alarm bells should start ringing in your head. However, for a generation that has just seen the introduction of games, it can be confusing to know what is a good game for your child or not.
But that's my opinion.

It would be a good idea to research stuff about the "Murder by Playstation" scandal. This could be used for their effects and influences. As well as that talk about how games have spawned various movies, like Street Fighter or Resident Evil. Talk about how Japanese games vary from Western games. There's a whole lot that you could say. Use your imagination!

strawberryman
03-22-2005, 01:22 AM
Perhaps this would be better suited in a different forum. But anyway...

Gaming has had a lot of bad press recently, with the "Murder by Playstation" scandal blown out of all proportion by the newspapers. But, to be honest, parents don't show enough common sense when buying games for their children. They put 18 symbols on the cases for a reason! Likewise, titles like Manhunt should cause parents to be a little bit worried. When you see a game called Killzone alarm bells should start ringing in your head. However, for a generation that has just seen the introduction of games, it can be confusing to know what is a good game for your child or not.
But that's my opinion.

It would be a good idea to research stuff about the "Murder by Playstation" scandal. This could be used for their effects and influences. As well as that talk about how games have spawned various movies, like Street Fighter or Resident Evil. Talk about how Japanese games vary from Western games. There's a whole lot that you could say. Use your imagination!

What's this about murder with/by a playstation?

It is kind of sad that 5-6 year old kids are playing GTA. Parents are just getting way too lax on that kind of stuff.

Odaisé Gaelach
03-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Read ALL three of these, then make up your mind on the rights and wrongs of the matter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=312008&in_page_id=1770

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/07/29/uk.manhunt/

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/games/news/2004/08/04/murderbyplaystationpolicefindmanhuntgame.html

Orestes
03-27-2005, 11:55 PM
Anytime I touch a video game, I'm extremlely tempted to go out and kill people. It doesn't matter what game it is, I can get violent from anything. I was playing some Spongebob game and the next thing I knew I was outside shooting birds out of the sky with a chopped-off double barrel shotgun.

Video games have also made me fat.

Down with video games.

Meat Puppet
03-28-2005, 12:07 AM
It gives people something to blame.