PDA

View Full Version : History of Spira

Solufien
03-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Hi there, this Solufien, the new guy. I was wondering; does anyone out there have detailed information about the true history of Spira? I am sick and tired of looking on the net and finding nothing. Please help out.

Pouring Rain
03-21-2005, 11:33 PM
the dude in the green named Maechen tells you everything about Spira

SeeDRankLou
03-22-2005, 12:25 AM
the dude in the green named Maechen tells you everything about Spira
And thus is the history of Spira. :mad:

Long ago Spira lived in a time of very advanced technology. Cities were vast and condensed with tall buildings, machines everywhere and lots of people. But it was not a time of peace, as about 1000 years before the present of the game a war broke out between Zanarkand and Bevelle. As its main source of attack and defense, Zanarkand had many summoners at its side. Bevelle on the other hand had very powerful machina. This machina assured Bevelle's victory from the onset of the war.

As it looked very grim for Zanarkand, the remaining people of Zanarkand, probably under the guidance of Yu Yevon, all became fayth. So that their city would not die, they dreamed their city anew. And the summoner Yu Yevon, peerless in his abilities, drew from all of these fayth and summoned the dream of the fayth, a new Zanarkand. And to protect him, he created an armor to protect him while he summoned. And as the people of Bevelle marched up Mt. Gagazet, possibly going in for another wave of attack, they heard what is know in the present as the Hymn of the Fayth, and they saw with their own eyes what would be the world's undoing, Sin. Sin demolished the land of Spira, leaving little in it's wake.

A summoner named Yunalesca, one of the survivors from Zanarkand, devised a way to defeat Sin. She turned her husband Zaon into a fayth, and the bond they shared alouded her summon a truely awesome aeon, know in the present as the final summoning, and it defeated Sin. But unknown to her would be the two consequences of doing this. One, she died because of her summoning. It isn't really known if the summoning itself killed her or if Yu Yevon killed her (it's probably the first), but whatever the case she died. Two, Yu Yevon simply took her aeon and made Sin anew. And shortly after this, the people in power created a system whereby this process was somehow instilled in people's minds as the only way by which Sin can be defeated, and the Yevon religion came into being. Because of the teachings of this religion, advancements in technology stopped and no one of enough power questioned its teaching. And so the world has stayed in this constant state of living in fear, only to have a few brave souls sacrifice their lives to give the rest of the world a few moments of peace. Unknown to the world, Yu Yevon sits inside of Sin, summoning Zanarkand, while the rest of the world pays for the sins of Bevelle 1000 years ago. And one day, Sin took one of Yu Yevon's dreams into the real world. And he helped defeat Sin, and became Sin himself. And so he knew how he came to this world in the first place, and knew that it could be done again.

This might not be 100% accurate, but it's more or less correct. I might have missed a few things too.

Squall of SeeD
03-22-2005, 01:09 AM
That's accurate with one exception, SeeDRankLou:

A summoner named Yunalesca, one of the survivors from Zanarkand, devised a way to defeat Sin. She turned her husband Zaon into a fayth, and the bond they shared alouded her summon a truely awesome aeon, know in the present as the final summoning, and it defeated Sin. But unknown to her would be the two consequences of doing this.

According to Maechen, Yunalesca was Yu Yevon's daughter and likely knew full well what would happen, and even intended it to be so:

Maechen
"Rumors flew in Bevelle about Sin's sudden appearance."
"They said that the people of Zanarkand became the fayth, that they had called Sin."
"And that the man responsible..."
"was none other than the summoner Yevon, ruler of Zanarkand!"
"Yes, the lord father of Lady Yunalesca."
"On the eve of Zanarkand's destruction, Lady Yunalesca..."
"had fled to safety with her husband, Zaon."
"Later, the two used the Final Summoning to defeat Sin."
"Yet the people of Bevelle still feared Yu Yevon."
"It was to quell his wrath that they revered him, and first spread his teachings."
"And so were born the temples of Yevon."
"I suppose it's possible Yunalesca had planned it that way from the start!"
"A fair trade, she defeats Sin in exchange for her lord father's honor."
"Of course, there's no proof. No, the facts are lost in the mists of time."
"And who'd admit Yevon was an enemy of Bevelle?"
"You can bet the temples had a hand in covering that one up!"
"And that, as they say, is that."

Otherwise, great job!

SeeDRankLou
03-22-2005, 01:13 AM
Where do you meet Maechen that he says that?

Squall of SeeD
03-22-2005, 01:20 AM
Where do you meet Maechen that he says that?

I believe that's at the starting area of Mt. Gagazet near the end of the game, after having spoken with Maester Mika.

BackRoomKid
03-22-2005, 01:37 AM
^^^this is a dialogue you have to go find on your own right? Like, most of the game is very linear so you can get the whole story...but i don't remember this dialogue....

after talking to Mika? You mean just after he was sent?

Squall of SeeD
03-22-2005, 02:51 AM
^^^this is a dialogue you have to go find on your own right? Like, most of the game is very linear so you can get the whole story...but i don't remember this dialogue....

after talking to Mika? You mean just after he was sent?

After he vanishes in Bevelle, return to Mt. Gagazet's entrance (where the Ronso attempted to halt Yuna's progress earlier until Maester Kelk Ronso permitted her to pass) and Maechen should be there.

SeeDRankLou
03-22-2005, 11:00 PM
I thought Maechen told you about the origin of the Hymn of the Fayth at Mt. Gagazet after speaking with Mika. If you speak to him again does he go on and I somehow missed that?

BackRoomKid
03-22-2005, 11:07 PM
ok, got it...thanx

rubah
03-23-2005, 12:14 AM
There's about four options you can choose from when you revisit mt. gagazet.

the story is linear, but there's still a lot of stuff you can miss. Like the freaky dude in the calm lands.

FF freak
03-23-2005, 03:14 AM
Freaky Dude?

rubah
03-23-2005, 03:38 AM
Yes. He freaks me out anyways.

He's up northeast of the al bhed caravan, in between all those big thorny things and shows you the gorge and stuff.