PDA

View Full Version : Your uniqueness from your friends.

Dingo Jellybean
03-21-2005, 11:27 PM
What would you say makes you unique from your friends? Other than race and other physical attributes.

I know our friends usually have like interests, but I guess the main thing that would separate me from my friends is my love of rap/hip-hop. None of my friends like it, they hate artists like 50 Cent and Jay-Z, but eh. And I like to wear green attire, and my friends loathe green...so yeah.

Discuss.

Pauten
03-21-2005, 11:29 PM
I'm a scary Otaku

Rye
03-21-2005, 11:29 PM
My accent. I have a cool kinda thick bronx accent then they have more mild NY accent. Plus, you know, most of my friends are kinda... er... academically lacking, but I'm pretty good in school.

Levian
03-21-2005, 11:38 PM
Most of my friends are disco freaks and love the 70's and some elements of the 80's. Sure, I like some 80's and 70's songs, but I certainly do not like the style of either of the periods. That's the most obvious difference I can think of. Oh, and they all have pretty long hair, I don't. And I have a beard, and they don't, but they probably would have a beard if they had the growth for it.

Aurey
03-21-2005, 11:45 PM
My name, I've been told it's unique and different, my interests and also my grammar, I try to stay to stay way from the sloppy way of speaking that most of my friends talk like.

Wow, I just sounded really conceited. Heh.

Extreme Walrus
03-21-2005, 11:49 PM
I guess the way i dress. I hang out with all metal and punk kids but i dress uh....skater? God, i sound so queer right now.

Shlup
03-21-2005, 11:52 PM
I'm different from my friends because the vast majority of them are male, and I am not.

Kirobaito
03-21-2005, 11:57 PM
I like John Denver. Excuse me, no, I love John Denver. I also love the internet, and most of my friends don't.

Xander
03-22-2005, 12:05 AM
Well I don't have a whole lot of friends that I hang out with in real life but...I have my old crowd who I went to school with, and meet up with occasionally. I definately feel different from them in most ways anyway just because they don't play/have any interest in games or even understand my interest in them. Then there's just they are really into fashion and going out to clubs and I'm really not xD And I like my computer whereas they rarely use one at all. Oh and my Blink 182 interest..and actually most things I like.

My best friend, at the moment, there's not a lot that makes me very unique from him because we have so much in common it's unreal xD But my final fantasy and kingdom hearts love, because as much as a hardcore gamer as he is, he just cannot get into those games. ^^

strawberryman
03-22-2005, 12:23 AM
I am a living apostle of evil. My friends are not.

Of course I could've sworn one of my close friends was possesed by a british dude once.

Miriel
03-22-2005, 12:55 AM
They're all much more sociable than I am. Not that I'm not sociable myself, it's just that they love being surrounded by people at all times whereas I get cranky if I don't get my alone time.

Parties and clubbing is nice and all, but a lot of the time I'd prefer spending the time at home watching a good movie.

But if it makes any sense, they help balance me out.

rubah
03-22-2005, 12:57 AM
I like foreign stuff, I art, I tend to do better at school.

we're all band geeks though. <3<3<3<3<3

Dingo Jellybean
03-22-2005, 01:00 AM
I'm different from my friends because the vast majority of them are male, and I am not.

Ahem...

What would you say makes you unique from your friends? Other than race and other physical attributes.

kikimm
03-22-2005, 01:00 AM
But yes. I'm a lot different from most of my friends. None of them read like I do, none of them play video games; or they do, but it's all Halo 2.

They also seem to be very obsessed with people. They're very sociable, and need to be doing something, hanging out all the time. I actually prefer solitude; I seem to need much more "alone time" than all of my friends, just to get away. :)

But somehow, we make it work. :love:

:D

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-22-2005, 01:02 AM
I like anime, FF, and Jpop. They are like "What?". Also, I tend to be a home body.

Giga Guess
03-22-2005, 03:55 AM
Rabid mood swings...:p I go from half asleep to climbing the walls hyper in the blink of an eye.

fire_of_avalon
03-22-2005, 04:06 AM
I'm nuts and they're pretty straight and narrow. Seriously, I like to play and be childish and I'm very open. Most of them have to be coaxed, by me, into acting that way. Mwah.

Quina
03-22-2005, 04:11 AM
Does being a fabrication of someone's mind count as a physical attribute?

DMKA
03-22-2005, 07:02 AM
I don't have any friends.

Project G
03-22-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm a goth and no-one likes that for some reason and I listen to Drum and Bass Music and Dance Music and no-one likes that

Jojee
03-22-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm a nerd and I spend too much time online :( They don't.

Lankyman
03-22-2005, 09:24 PM
The reason i'm on this forum...i like final fantasy, video games in genereal, anime and all things japanese (j-pop etc) - and...my friends don't.

Simple as

K-chan
03-22-2005, 09:27 PM
I don't have any friends.

I'll be your friend! *hug*

Anywho...I think what makes me unique is my habit to talk in German when I get mad, and I speak with a slight British accent.

PearlRose
03-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Anime. I like it, and the majority of my friends don't, and none with the intensity of myself.

Final Fantasy, moreso. I don't have any offline friends that like it.

Er... some other stuff, too. But those are the two that I really wish they were more interested in sometimes.

Shlup
03-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Ahem...
I don't consider my gender a physical attribute or race. It's a whole different world under these boobs.

But, uh, I guess I'm different from them because... I like pink and they do not. Better?

Strider
03-22-2005, 10:20 PM
I can run circles around anyone else I know when it comes to sports knowledge.

Destai
03-23-2005, 12:02 AM
Final fantasy is the big difference though they dont mind at all as I dont go on about it to them. They can pass a comment that its geeky or somethign like that but whenever I draw a picture from FF they always say how cool it looks without realising where its come from. Alot of my friends in art class love to look and draw the pictures in my FF guides.

Pouring Rain
03-23-2005, 12:11 AM
I like anime, FF, and Jpop. They are like "What?". Also, I tend to be a home body.
me too.

UltimateSpamGrover
03-23-2005, 01:04 AM
I'm the only person out of all my friends who has the same name as a puppet.

Shlup
03-23-2005, 01:05 AM
I'm the only person out of all my friends who has the same name as a puppet.
He's a muppet. There's an important distinction.

Erdrick Holmes
03-23-2005, 01:39 AM
My ability to make people scream in pain.