PDA

View Full Version : Damn Overdrive Sin!

Pouring Rain
03-21-2005, 11:40 PM
need help on overdrive sin. please?

redxiiii
03-22-2005, 09:16 AM
Is this the one you fight on the airship, if so use all your most powerful attacks and overdrives,go into battle with all your aeons on overdrive if your not that powerful, you`ve got to deafeat him b4 he uses his overdrive b/c it`s unblockable from my experiance!

Ultimate99997
03-22-2005, 10:08 AM
I would recommend not using aeons overdrives until you know that youv'e only got about 1 or 2 moves left to fit in - otherwise you will have your aeon losing turns while it recovers, instead stick to putting out your long distance attackers first.(remember to have all of you characters overdirive guages full!) I used Lulu, Wakka and rikku so that whilst the airship is being pulled towards sin you can still hit him without waiting for him to get his overdrive up without you even engaging in combat. Keep wakka doing his ball attacks while Lulu casts her most powerful magic from afar. Rikku can just be there as a support for now as she cannot hit sin in the first three turns with her items. I should also point out that you shouldn't use your overdrives at all yet. As soon as sin is within close combat range I would recommmend bringing out the beefy characters - I swapped Lulu with Auron, Wakka with Tidus and kept rikku on.
With these characters I started slamming sin in the head with sword attacks (it'd be really good if you have quick hit with tidus to fit in more attacks).
I now used Rikku's overdrive to make a super mighty g (2x chocobo feather) which casts protect, shell, haste and regen on every character. Now you should be fitting in as many attacks with your two strongest characters as possible (DON' HESITATE TO USE AURON'S ARMOR BREAK ABILITY BECAUSE SIN IS NOT IMMUNE TO IT), feel free to swap rikku for another hard hitting character right now because she isn't really needed any more seeing as you have protect, regen and shell.
Contine to attack with moves which you know will deal the most damage until Sin's overdrive bar is about 70% full. NOW is the time to unleash all of your characters overdrives before sin wipes you out for good....as I said - do tidus' and auron's most powerful overdrives then keep swapping over to your other characters to unleash theirs too.
Hopefully you have dealt around 115,000-120,000 damage points to sin, if you have then immediately switch any of your characters to Yuna before sin's overdrive bar is completely full. GRAND SUMMON YOUR MOST POWERFUL AEON and then unleash their overdrive straight away. Bahamut should deal about 25,000 with anima and the magus sisters dealing even more. This should wipe out sin's head just in the nick of time.

If you find that your characters are not hitting for enough damage even with armor break status on Sin then you are going then there is no other choice than to train more unfortunately. However this battle plan is fairly accurate to my first playthrough of the game with a very average party so it should be ok.

Emily52
03-22-2005, 05:48 PM
I was very lucky when I beat him. I summoned Anima and made her use Pain, then when I was close enough I used her Overdrive, and then I managed to get another Overdrive in just in time.

DrkFenix912
03-22-2005, 07:30 PM
if your auron doesnt have his damage limit break yet, then use zombie attack, sin is immune to zombie, but the attack will still do 9999 damage 75% of the time, when you get sin down to about 40,000; summon anima in overdrive and youll kill him, if he still has life left, just use zombie attack again or summon bahumut in overdrive to finish him off.

Old Manus
03-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Can I just add the best post EVER?

I can tell you what to do. Skip to your loo. NO NO....No....I got it.... Drop the Bombshell...No thats wrong again. have you tried the "Fake him out method?"

Its where you have him attacking you but then you hit X, and you say "Look at this its a poodle"
The boss like a fool, looks....then, you strike, you take out your rotting coconut and hurl it at his inner thigh, REMEMBER INNER THIGH, not outer, that would be a crucial mistake.

Hope this helps.

My piece of advice would be to not use Aeons until the end. You could try the cheating other way by using Trio of 9999.

Pouring Rain
03-22-2005, 10:14 PM
lol Old Manus. OK. I just got the guidebook today. But does evryone need to have there overdrives equal up to 9999 and throw 100,000 gil to do 9999 damage? And do I need Anima or the Magus Sisters? In that case, I should start a new game. Oh well. And do I need Ultima or Flare?

Old Manus
03-23-2005, 04:11 PM
Not particularly, but having Anima may help.

An easy way is to get Rikku's overdrive up, and mix a lvl 3 or 4 key sphere with a Wing to Discovery, Pendulum, or Underdog's Secret. If you have you Wakka and Tidus in your current team, watch as Wakka deals about 120,000 damage with attack reels, and Tidus does quite a lot with Slice & Dice or Blitz Ace.

Pouring Rain
03-24-2005, 12:11 AM
I am so totally not ready. I mind as well start over. And could somebody please explain how to get Anima?

Kiwi Nazi
03-24-2005, 05:04 PM
To get anima you have to go back to baaj temple, fight geosagno, the skeleton fish guy, and swim into a "hole" you see. You must find the treasure in all temples. To beat Sin I gave Yuna doublecast and ultima. Revisit all the temples to get various spheres, it makes getting those spheres alot easier. Have Yuna equip Nirvana for one mp cost. Keep using double cast and ultima, it's cheap, but it works. That move also works on the final boss.

Pouring Rain
03-25-2005, 12:08 AM
But all the temples kick me out. This really sucks.