PDA

View Full Version : Teeth

Dr.K
03-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Seeing that I've got a dental appointment today, I was wondering...
What do you think of your teeth? Are you happy with your set of loyal enamel coated warriors, or are you constantly wishing you could do something to change them? Have you ever had any teeth out? Do you get nervous when the dentist takes out that quarry-digging instrument that he likes to refer to euphemistically as a 'drill'?
I'm pretty happy with my set of gnashers, although sometimes I wish they were a bit whiter (don't worry - they don't glow in the dark). I've had two teeth out so far as well - one due to decay, another due to another tooth prematurely growing through. I currently have no fillings...let's hope that doesn't change in the next 3 hours!

Skogs
03-22-2005, 02:30 PM
I've had one tooth that's been bad since I was really young. I've had fillings on it four times, and a few years ago I finally got it capped. So it's more of an amorphous ceramic lump now than a tooth, but it does the job and more importantly, doesn't hurt like an absolute beyotch.

I've been through the whole rigmarole of the orthodontic work. It's pretty much done now, though I have a bar around the back of my lower teeth that's doing to be there more or less indefinitely. My teeth aren't perfectly straight, but they're easily good enough and only a trained orthodontist would actually notice slight imperfections.

Oh, and apparently I'll need to get my wisdom teeth out at some point, but they've not been bothering me at all so I don't see the rush...

amratis
03-22-2005, 02:46 PM
I had train-tracks on my upper set for 2 years and a retainer for 3 years after that. Not enjoyable, specially as I was in school at the time, but I can now safely say it was worth it as my teeth are now almost completely straight. I like my teeth :D I do have 3 filling's already though, I'm a sugar whore, I cant help it :(

Silmaril
03-22-2005, 03:27 PM
I had braces for four years. Those were the worst years in my entire life excluding 2003. I've had one of my wisdom teeth out.

Destai
03-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Im wearing train tracks which should be coming off this year.

Meat Puppet
03-22-2005, 05:52 PM
apples brush your teeth~

Jojee
03-22-2005, 06:10 PM
I think my front upper teeth are too big :( Also I want to get them bleached or something so that they are super white ^^ But I'll never get around to it.

Maybe I'll buy those Crest whitening strips one day to see how they work.

Shoden
03-22-2005, 06:24 PM
i've had many fillings but usually i cant be arsed to brush but since i dont eat as much junk im not a fat retard with dentures.

fillings hurt ecspecially deep ones ive only had 1 and never again do i want 1

rubah
03-22-2005, 06:58 PM
mine are sorta yellow. mom blames antibiotics. I blame not brushing them when i was little :D

The top set are almost like perfectly shaped, but the lower ones are all sorta crooked (it doesn't help that I broke one of them in fourth grade -_- took off about 1/6th of the tooth you can see. Then the stupid dentists didn't use the right color ceramic to make a replacement. (it ended up falling out a couple of times ('cause I was being stupid:D) but it's still the wrong color)

I've never had any bad cavities though. just a small handful of little ones.

nik0tine
03-22-2005, 07:15 PM
Fee Fi Foh Fum. I have the teeth of an Englishman.

Destai
03-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Ive only had one filling and it wasnt a proper one. Still Id liked to have gone longer without one.

KuRt
03-22-2005, 07:26 PM
I went to the dentist because my teeth was broken and they had to fix it, and there was a horribly smelling old polish woman as a dentist. firs f all, she herself had BROWN teeth and her breath stinked like rotten @$$. she took the drill and drilled me into my tongue and to my the part that is above the teeth, the pink thing you know what i mean, holds the teeth together. So I was screaming a hellish amount so she just started shouting: Shut up! Shut up!! My tongue was bleeding, she stank, she had brown teeth and she is NOT a proper dentist!

Rye
03-22-2005, 07:41 PM
My teeth are actually great. They're the perfect size, big like model teeth, but not enormous. And they're pretty white. :)

Logan
03-23-2005, 12:24 AM
My teeth are actually great. They're the perfect size, big like model teeth, but not enormous. And they're pretty white. :)
Don't be so modest Jess. :D

My teeth are okay. They're straight except for two on the bottom, which moved since I don't like to wear my retainer.

Dingo Jellybean
03-23-2005, 12:32 AM
Well, my braces have straightened my teeth out pretty good now. But it'll still be another year before I get them off.

I'm thinking of whitening them after my braces come off...just because.

Shlup
03-23-2005, 01:07 AM
I hate my teeth. They're all ugly and weak ever since I had braces forced on me, and I have jaw problems and my teeth are all sensative. I hate braces!

Chemical
03-23-2005, 03:36 AM
I love my teeth, they permit me to chew the flesh of dead animals and grind up vegetables into slimey pulp.

Meat Puppet
03-23-2005, 03:55 AM
whitening strips are for determined people
eat more apples >;o

FallenAngel411
03-23-2005, 05:11 AM
Apples? I heard raw meat also cleans your teeth if you chew on it. An unfortunate side effect is ebola. O well.

And my teeth are about the only thing I like about myself. Can't complain about them. Never had any problems, medical or otherwise.

Mindflare
03-23-2005, 05:17 AM
I have really nice teeth, though, they aren't quite as white as I'd like. I think my smile is probably my most attractive feature. Three years of braces, and I have pretty straight teeth now.

~SapphireStar~
01-24-2006, 12:45 PM
I like my teeth, but I have to go and get a special whitener for them. Costs £30 but its worth it. Also I can feel my wisdom teeth coming through and it keeps making my jaw lock. It kills :(

Mo-Nercy
01-24-2006, 12:50 PM
My teeth have just the smallest tinge of yellow in them. It's not noticable at all though so I'm not going to do anything about it for now. Also, I've always had straight teeth and nice gums. All up, I'm very proud of my set of choppers.

Resha
01-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Science exams make my teeth hurt. I love going to the dentist.

Loony BoB
01-24-2006, 01:55 PM
I've had braces and four teeth removed.

I hate my teeth because no matter how much I brush them, they don't go white (more of an extremely light cream colour, I think). I'll someday get them painted white, maybe... Also, I have a sort-of fear of the dentist. It started when I got my braces off and my dentist constantly said I wasn't brushing my teeth and I was, dammit. I brushed them day and night and the cow still said I didn't, so in the end, I just stopped going because I saw it as fairly pointless to have someone tell me I'm not brushing my teeth when I am. They couldn't even find any plaque, they just said I wasn't brushing them regularly or something, and I got really annoyed.

Since then I think I've chipped the inside of one of my teeth in recent times, though, so I think I'll have to go back to the dentist again and get that checked out. I'm freaking out because it's been a while and I don't know what the British dentists are like, and for all I know they might want to do all sorts of things with my teeth that the NZ ones didn't care to do. I don't have any fillings while all my friends did, you see (despite "not brushing my teeth!"), and I always get the feeling that it's just a matter of time before they break out the drills.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
01-24-2006, 02:02 PM
I hate my teeth... they're overcrowded at the front and they don't bite properly.... really white though... I like that.... I don't think I could wear braces though... I suppose I should though....

Anaisa
01-24-2006, 03:19 PM
I had to have braces on. When the idiot orthodontist was taking them off, he chipped one of my teeth. I stay away from the dentist unless I actually have a proper reason to go, because they usually do more harm than good. I don't go for check ups or anything. Ive still got most of my baby molars, an I only had to have the others taken out because there were new ones growing underneath. I want smaller teeth. My teeth aren't actually big, ive just got a small mouth, so I want smaller teeth.

Shoden
01-24-2006, 03:50 PM
I don't give a hell about them, I sometimes brush but they rarely decay, I've had a few fillings, one deep root and why the hell has no one noticed this thread is somehow 10 months old?

MogThief
01-24-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm a huge teeth freak. I don't eat candy or anything else that will hurt my teeth. I also brush and floss three times a day.

Old Manus
01-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Did anyone notice this thread is getting on to be a year old

EDIT: oh yes, bladen. of course.

Shoden
01-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Tooth care cannot stop me from consuming sugar, the black and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif hardly does much, juet gets a few holes but only a few need to be filled, I need no more fillings and I'm brushing more often, *sings Homer simpson's sugar song*

Anaisa
01-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Bladen, you should be more careful. Just imagine if you had to get dentures!

Shoden
01-24-2006, 05:42 PM
doubt it highly, the ammount of plaque I get isn't very high , having over active saliva glands kills most of it and sugar goes down me not on my teeth.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Well ya im okay with my teeth.
But today they found a cavity and had to fill it...my face is still numb :(

Vyk
01-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Did anyone notice this thread is getting on to be a year old

...the first thing I noticed. Shame on all of you. :D

mooglebunni608
01-24-2006, 08:23 PM
I'm ok with my teeth... beniceif they were a bit whiter,but at least I (most likely) won't get braces.....
But I neede a ton of fillings cause my teeth went outta control with cavities..... and there was nothing i could do about it.....:(

Rye
01-24-2006, 08:25 PM
I really like my teeth. They're pretty white I suppose, though not as white as I'd like, but still good enough, and I never needed braces since they came in straight

hated my teeth when I was little because I had big teeth when I was little (people told me I looked like a beaver when I was about 7. :() but now they're the attractive type of big teeth that models have, since I grew into them. :)

EDIT: Wtf, this is an old thread. xD *just noticed*

Zeldy
01-24-2006, 08:25 PM
ehhhh They could be whiter :(
I have something called an 'In-complete Mouth' also. So if im sat normally, my mouth just opens and It looks like im gawping -_- Unless I actually force it my mouth to shut ;P

fire_of_avalon
01-24-2006, 09:23 PM
This made me sad cause I thought Dr. K was back around.

SapphireStar, please don't revive dead threads.

Loony BoB, please don't revel in dead threads, that's gross!