PDA

View Full Version : A question of the ending FMV...(Spoilers)

Fantasy_Dragon
03-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Okay, so this I don't understand. When Tidus starts to fade, and he jumps off the ship, he gives Jecht a high-five. But wait---what is Braska doing beside him? Is it because Braska once defeated Sin? And I think I saw Auron by him, too, but I don't remember things that well...even though it was about 13 hours ago.

EDIT: Yes, Auron is there...I just downloaded the ending.

Spiffing Cheese
03-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Okay, so this I don't understand. When Tidus starts to fade, and he jumps off the ship, he gives Jecht a high-five. But wait---what is Braska doing beside him? Is it because Braska once defeated Sin? And I think I saw Auron by him, too, but I don't remember things that well...even though it was about 13 hours ago.

Isn't it the farplane? I think so, because Jecht, Auron and Braska are dead.

Fantasy_Dragon
03-22-2005, 05:43 PM
I guess. But why would Tidus go to the Farplane and then just disappear?

And after the credits, it shows Tidus swimming up from the water. Is this supposed to be in Besaid?

ShivaBlizzard8
03-22-2005, 05:53 PM
This has confused many people and come u p in a million debates about the nature of dream Zanarkand and how "real" Tidus and Jecht really are.

The general concensus is that the high-five place is the Farplane, which makes perfect sense for Auron and Braska to be there, because they are dead. However, shouldn't Tidus and Jecht just dissapear, since they aren't real?

Somewhere in the game it says that Tidus and Jecht have become somewhat "real" because they spent so much time in Spira. If that is the case, they may have begun to fade, but before they did completely, they went to the Farplane.

As for the very ending, yes that's the waters off of Besaid. And it is pretty much there as an intro to FFX-2.

DrkFenix912
03-22-2005, 07:33 PM
that's also the beggining of the good ending in ffx-2.

Destai
03-22-2005, 07:49 PM
All the dream people went there. They werent just normal dreams. They were living people who were vreated from dreams. Tidus's mom was in the farplane too.

Spiffing Cheese
03-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Ooooh, Ok.

Fantasy_Dragon
03-23-2005, 02:13 AM
Oh, that's right. I remember that scene.

But in Final Fantasy X-2 (possible spoilers), why didn't Tidus come up when Yuna thought of him? Or was the part in the Farplane that she was at didn't...um...do that?

Spiffing Cheese
03-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Well, was Tidus actually dead? It doesn't really tell you that, because at the end of FFX you see Tidus in the water, but then that scene doesn't happen until the very end of FFX-2. I'm confused.

Ezme
03-26-2005, 06:58 PM
The water bit was simply a teaser at the end to give us all somehting to talk about and guess about a sequel, theres also a random bit at the end of FFVII

BackRoomKid
03-26-2005, 08:11 PM
yea, i assumed tidus was at Bevelle in the water...because remember Yuna was whistling by the bay??? That's why I thought Tidus was in the water at Bevelle...and those few pyreflies that swam by him were like the fayth that brought him back or something like that...but of course...X-2 answers all in not the best way but it gives me a "happy" ending

rubah
03-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Bevelle has water?

I know Luca does.

Emily52
03-26-2005, 08:19 PM
Bevelle has water?
Yeah, you see it in the FMV Red Carpet, or The Glory of Yevon, can't remember.

Squall of SeeD
03-27-2005, 06:51 AM
yea, i assumed tidus was at Bevelle in the water...because remember Yuna was whistling by the bay??? That's why I thought Tidus was in the water at Bevelle...and those few pyreflies that swam by him were like the fayth that brought him back or something like that...but of course...X-2 answers all in not the best way but it gives me a "happy" ending

Yuna was whistling on a dock in Luca, not at Bevelle. Note the Blitzball Stadium's presence and her speech there.

Anyway, yes, Bevelle has water all around it: Linkage (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/Bevelle.jpg).

BackRoomKid
03-27-2005, 07:11 AM
my bad, i meant Luca....i got confused because both of them has the same structure...a circular structure with all those docks surrounding it

HunterFlamebrow
04-01-2005, 01:33 AM
I haven't played X-2, so according to that game my theory is compleatly wrong but . . .

I think the scene with Tidus at the very end just shows that he hasn't totally disappeared. When you think about it hard enough, the Fayth's dream had to come from somewhere. Tidus simply returned there. If he totally disappeared at the end that would indicate that he never existed, which seems to be false.

Squall of SeeD
04-01-2005, 03:20 PM
I haven't played X-2, so according to that game my theory is compleatly wrong but . . .

I think the scene with Tidus at the very end just shows that he hasn't totally disappeared. When you think about it hard enough, the Fayth's dream had to come from somewhere. Tidus simply returned there. If he totally disappeared at the end that would indicate that he never existed, which seems to be false.

A lot of people took it to mean what the Shiva Fayth was referring to if you visit her again after visiting Mika in Bevelle once Yunalesca is defeated. Shiva implied not that the Dreaming came from somewhere so the Dreams had to go somewhere, but, rather, simply that the Dreaming itself had to go somewhere else, and there Tidus would be and would have a new sea to swim in:

"Should the dreaming end, you too will disappear--Fade into Spira's sea, Spira's sky."
"But do not weep, nor rise in anger."
"Even we were once human. That is why we must dream."
"Let us summon a sea in a new dream world."
"A new sea for you to swim."

That would seem to fit with what we see after the credits have ended in X.- (Final Fantasy X-2 ending spoiler) Whether that is where he went and the Fayth in X-2 simply summon him briefly for a moment there to hug Yuna in one of the endings, or whethether or not he was there all along is open to questioning.

blackchocobo9999
05-01-2005, 04:12 PM
At the Cutscene after defeating Shuyin at the end of X-2, If you hold X ( or triangle i cant remember) when Yuna is stood in the Flower bed at the Farplane, a secret Cutscene appears showing Tidus appear and holds Yuna telling her everythings alright and then disappears into thin air, meaning Tidus still exists in Spira(or the farplane, its complicated)

DMKA
05-01-2005, 08:01 PM
theres also a random bit at the end of FFVII
ZOMG AERIS WAS REVIVED????

Squall of SeeD
05-03-2005, 02:08 AM
At the Cutscene after defeating Shuyin at the end of X-2, If you hold X ( or triangle i cant remember) when Yuna is stood in the Flower bed at the Farplane, a secret Cutscene appears showing Tidus appear and holds Yuna telling her everythings alright and then disappears into thin air, meaning Tidus still exists in Spira(or the farplane, its complicated)

That's one possible outcome. Attaining 100% Storyline Completion nets the ending in which Tidus returns to Spira.