PDA

View Full Version : I give to you, my friends, the greatest website ever.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-22-2005, 06:04 PM
http://tipthepizzaguy.com/

Strider
03-22-2005, 06:05 PM
I concur.

Jojee
03-22-2005, 06:13 PM
I always tip the pizza people :)

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Good work.

Agent Proto
03-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Same here.

Jojee
03-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Especially if they're hot. ^_^ You should have no problem, Brad Pitt.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Psh. I get tipped in sex.

The Captain
03-22-2005, 06:27 PM
There's an APDD? Fascinating, thanks for posting this good sir.

Take care all.

Black Mage
03-22-2005, 06:48 PM
I don't usually tip the driver, and that site has convinced me to never tip the driver.

Way to go, site.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-22-2005, 06:49 PM
Then don't order delivery. And I don't see how that site convinced you otherwise. Are you an ass on purpose or what?

Dking'squeen
03-22-2005, 06:50 PM
i don't tip...i don't have it delivered

rubah
03-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Ha.

They have to deliver to my house first.

stpdpizzaguysnotdeliveringuphere.

DMKA
03-22-2005, 07:24 PM
No pizza deliveries here, so I make up for it by tipping whoever cleans up my table at Mazzio's when I eat there. :)

Quina
03-23-2005, 06:03 AM
I only tip my nurse.

FallenAngel411
03-23-2005, 06:07 AM
I tip the Chinese people when they bring me my delicious chicken and broccolli. :D

I make my own pizza. My tip is the satisfaction in knowing I've cooked something without burning it.

Luc
03-23-2005, 06:09 AM
I always tip the pizza people :)

Emerald Aeris
03-23-2005, 06:16 AM
I object to tipping. Maybe I'm a bitch, but why, as a hard working cashier/salesperson do I NEVER get tipped? They're on the job, I'm on the job, we both work hard, why does only one of us get tipped? Delivery is not a convenience. He's being paid, just like I am on the job. Either we both get tipped, or neither of us get tipped.

Sure, I agree that the store should be required to service his car/pay for gas while he's on the job, but why should I be expected to? Who pays for the bus, or my gas when I go to work? Nobody.

That "reasons to tip" page is BS, imo. He endures hardships? He sits in a car and listens to the radio. I bust my arse for 9 hours in retail. Now there's a hardship. The page that compares them to waiters made me laugh. Puh-lease.

The ONLY reason I see to tip anyone is at restaurants that serve alcohol, because for some ludicrous reason, their minimum wage is lower. Now that is a reason to tip. I don't buy this "oh, I'm giving you a service, and it's hard" nonsense. That describes nearly every job.

< / rant >

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-23-2005, 06:43 AM
Okay. You drive to and fro work. That's it. That is not part of your job. You can ride the bus or a bike if you wish. I, as a pizza boy, cannot. I have to use my truck. I get paid minimum wage to drive a hundred or more miles a day. No joke. I need an oil change every three weeks. I fill up every night.

It is a convenience. I fyou don't see it that way, then go down to the goddamned store and pick it up yourself. We are bringing it to you, not because it makes us happy, but because we have a job to do. Our income is tips. That is why we get paid http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif hourly.

Tips aren't supposed to be a painstaking process. They are a symbol of cgratitude for bringing your lazy ass food. Don't like it? Tough. Don't get delivery. Don't go to a restaraunt. It's that simple.

Have you ever been a pizza driver? Have you? No? Okay, then be quiet. It is much more stressful than you think. When we aren't driving we're dealing with the same bullhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif customers you do, getting paid less. Waitresses do not get less of a minimum wage either. If they don't meet the required minimum wage during thier shift, the store is required by state law to compensate the rest.

Do me a favor. Go get a job as a waitress or pizza boy. See how fun it is. Untilt hen, make your own damn food, and stop pissing us off. When you refuse to tip the driver it make you a rude, incosiderate, ungrateful ass. That's it. You can justify it all you want, but in our eyes, that is EXACTLY what you are. Waitresses, delivery drivers, anyone.

Not you, but bad tippers in general.

Emerald Aeris
03-23-2005, 06:58 AM
"Okay. You drive to and fro work. That's it. That is not part of your job. You can ride the bus or a bike if you wish. I, as a pizza boy, cannot. I have to use my truck. I get paid minimum wage to drive a hundred or more miles a day. No joke. I need an oil change every three weeks. I fill up every night."

It used to take me almost an hour to get to work. Where's my compensation? EVERY SINGLE JOB has ups and downs, just like that.

"It is a convenience. I fyou don't see it that way, then go down to the goddamned store and pick it up yourself. We are bringing it to you, not because it makes us happy"

Of course it's a convenience. That's why the store pays you. Why should I pay you too? Why should you get more, and other jobs shouldn't? Isn't it a convenience to go to the grocery store, or have your heavy things lifted out for you? Every job provides some sort of service or convenience pretty much.

"Our income is tips. That is why we get paid hourly."

That's a conflicting statement. Your income is getting paid hourly.

"They are a symbol of cgratitude for bringing your lazy ass food. Don't like it? Tough. Don't get delivery. Don't go to a restaraunt. It's that simple."

Don't come into MY work and expect service then. I don't see it as any different. They are both jobs, and they both suck.

"Have you ever been a pizza driver? Have you? No? Okay, then be quiet. It is much more stressful than you think. When we aren't driving we're dealing with the same bull customers you do, getting paid less."

Less? Minimum wage? I'm not saying it's an easy job. I'm just saying that pretty much all jobs suck, that doesn't mean you deserve more money.

"Do me a favor. Go get a job as a waitress or pizza boy. See how fun it is. Untilt hen, make your own damn food, and stop pissing us off."

See how fun it is? Work in a pet store. Deal with other peoples' animal crap. Deal with stupid, stupid idiot customers, some of which don't even know what kind of animal they have (seriously!). I had to rotate the 40 and 20 lb bags all the time. Do you know how much lifting that is? Let's do the math. 40 pound bags in stacks of 7-8 times 20 (a conservative estimate) or so piles. That is over 5 tons. I weigh 100 lbs, and I did it alone. Suck it up, man. Every job has it's pros and cons. Stop making it like your job is the only one that's hard.

"When you refuse to tip the driver it make you a rude, incosiderate, ungrateful ass. That's it. You can justify it all you want, but in our eyes, that is EXACTLY what you are. Waitresses, delivery drivers, anyone."

Good for you! You know what I think is rude? People expecting money from me when they're already being paid for the job, and then making me break my back to serve them and not giving me a blink of thanks.

I'm not saying your job is easy. I'm saying most jobs are equally as hard and sucky in different ways, and they don't get tipped. You shouldn't expect to be tipped either.

Shlup
03-23-2005, 07:01 AM
Wow. I'm officially never tipping for delivery again.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-23-2005, 07:06 AM
No. Don't get delivery at all. That's all I'm saying. Go pick it up if you're not willing to tip. I don't give a http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif if you don't believe it tipping or what the fuck ever, just don't deny me deliveries somewhere else where I will get one since you believe that. Thanks.

Strider
03-23-2005, 07:10 AM
Because Spiff vented a little bit? Come on now, Mandee.

It is a bit of a high-demand occupation, and it is justifiable to expect a tip for the service because of the volume of demand. What makes it worse are customers that get overly impatient because the delivery is running one or two minutes late (from the number of orders to the priority of orders to whatever else) and then give the delivery guy the shaft for something he or she had no control over. How many other industries can you think of that suffer this problem?

He's not saying it's not a hard job, but it is unique because of the things I just mentioned.

Shlup
03-23-2005, 07:11 AM
Well, now that you mention it, I don't get delivery at all. And it bothers me that you feel you're more deserving of tips than anyone else. Sure, everyone wants more money, but I don't see why you deserve it. I delivered pizzas last weekend. It was cake. I've been a waitress, and that was so much easier than my last job in child care that the two aren't even compairable. You know what tips I get as a child care worker? One parent gave me a bookmark once.

EDIT: Yes, because he "vented a little." Of course, I've always thought tipping was ridiculous in most cases, and avoid places where tipping is expected whenever possible, so his venting had little impact on my viewpoint anyway.

Strider
03-23-2005, 07:12 AM
Then why throw the word "again" into your last response? Just wondering.

Shlup
03-23-2005, 07:14 AM
Well it's not like I've never gotten delivery. I don't think I have in at least a couple of years though.

Emerald Aeris
03-23-2005, 07:20 AM
"No. Don't get delivery at all. That's all I'm saying. Go pick it up if you're not willing to tip. I don't give a if you don't believe it tipping or what the smurf ever, just don't deny me deliveries somewhere else where I will get one since you believe that. Thanks."

Pff. Go start a farm then, because I'm sure you don't tip the grocery store clerks.

"It is a bit of a high-demand occupation, and it is justifiable to expect a tip for the service because of the volume of demand."

No more than regular retail. I often had a lineup of twenty people, with more people wanting help or advice, and even more people wanting carry-outs (pet store = a lot of old ladies with cats who can't carry their 900lbs of food and litter).

"What makes it worse are customers that get overly impatient because the delivery is running one or two minutes late (from the number of orders to the priority of orders to whatever else) and then give the delivery guy the shaft for something he or she had no control over."

Customers getting annoyed over something illogical and not your fault? You're saying that's unique? *dies laughing* Come ON!! Every job where you deal with people EVER is like that. Seriously now.

I'm glad I'm not alone, Shlup. I've also worked jobs with children. Thousands a freaking night to be exact. Do that, delivery boys, and tell me you deserve a tip and I don't. You better run.

Strider
03-23-2005, 07:23 AM
Okay, this might be a bit of a stretch in logic... but child care is like retail in the sense that customers come to you, and not vice versa. You, for example, let's say you order a pizza for delivery once every two months. A two-dollar tip, even for a college student like yourself, won't put a dent in your wallet. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't affect anyone at all except us.

And I'm sure there are countless more people like yourself, that don't order pizza all that often. I don't ask for anything more than a buck, maybe two if you feel generous, on a $15 order, about a 6% tip. All things considered -- gasoline (especially nowadays), time, everything else -- that's not much at all.

EDIT: EA, I never said the impatience was illogical, by the way.

Shlup
03-23-2005, 07:25 AM
I know, these guys swear like we've never worked in our lives. Delivering pizzas is not an abnormally hard job. It just isn't.

EDIT: That post, Matt2, gives me no reason to believe you deserve a tip any more than any other worker. Because it wont put a dent in our wallet? Because gas is too expensive? C'mon. Really.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-23-2005, 07:26 AM
I'm sorry I vented that way. It was frustrating and Emerald Aeris is quite overly vicious in her arguments and seeing it reminded me of every asshole customer I've ever gotten and I lost it. Do whatever you want with your money. I don't care. I'm not in whereverthehellyoulives so whatever. I'll be a nice guy to my service people, you be you. I'm done.

Strider
03-23-2005, 07:27 AM
I never said it was abnormally hard, either. It does, however, consume more than just time and effort.

Shlup
03-23-2005, 07:30 AM
Spiff: You're forgiven, of course. You actually didn't change my view at all, I was just being a brat. ;)

Matt2, however, is serving to convince me more and more that delivery people don't deserve tipping any more than anyone else.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-23-2005, 07:32 AM
It's what you do best. :goomba:

Strider
03-23-2005, 07:32 AM
Well, then, I guess I'll stop before I convince people to start asking for money to go with their deliveries. :D

Emerald Aeris
03-23-2005, 07:34 AM
"Okay, this might be a bit of a stretch in logic... but child care is like retail in the sense that customers come to you, and not vice versa."

So what? It means you get to rest your legs and listen to your own music while driving instead of being on your feet for hours on end listening to the same whiney poppy top 10 crap songs.

"A two-dollar tip, even for a college student like yourself, won't put a dent in your wallet. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't affect anyone at all except us."

Yeah, sure, it significantly increases your wages. My problem is why do you deserve it, and I don't?

Car maintenance is the best argument to tip drivers, but I can think of too many reasons that other jobs should be tipped also. Did you know that most people who work in clothing stores have to buy entire wardrobes of clothes from that company? That's like 300 dollars. Where's their compensation?

Don't expect to be reimbursed for every penny you spend for the benefit of your job. No one else does. Working blows. That's life.

"EA, I never said the impatience was illogical, by the way."

I meant the part about being mad at the drivers for something that's not your fault. I've had people scream in my face because of my manager's policys. As if I can do anything about it.

"It was frustrating and Emerald Aeris is quite overly vicious in her arguments and seeing it reminded me of every asshole customer I've ever gotten and I lost it."

Hey, I'm not rude to delivery guys. My friends make fun of my because of how polite I am, actually. I know how it is to work, and I do my best to make it easier for them. That is, I'm nice on the phone, clear with my instructions, I make sure I listen for them outside and have the cash ready and such. I'm courteous, I just don't think you deserve more money, is all.

"It does, however, consume more than just time and effort."

Like every job.

Shlup
03-23-2005, 07:36 AM
Hey, I'm not rude to delivery guys. My friends make fun of my because of how polite I am, actually. I know how it is to work, and I do my best to make it easier for them. That is, I'm nice on the phone, clear with my instructions, I make sure I listen for them outside and have the cash ready and such. I'm courteous, I just don't think you deserve more money, is all.
I feel the need to second that statement.

Miriel
03-23-2005, 08:17 AM
I tip pizza guys mostly because I know that if it were me, I'd want to be tipped. But I still agree with a lot of what Emerald Aeris posted. I'm just too nice I 'spose.

And it just occurred to me that I've never had a pizza delievered to me by a girl. Odd.

Shlup
03-23-2005, 08:27 AM
Most places don't let girls deliver, at least not after dark. I was delivering pizzas the other day because my best friend's dad just got a pizza place and he needed some help, but he sent me to regular customers and has said he won't let girls deliver until he comes up with several good safeties.

And, no, I don't think the fact that a person can drag you in the house and kill you means everyone should give a delivery person a tip.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-23-2005, 08:27 AM
In some stores, they won't hire a girl driver because of liability or something. Especially in areas where it would be dangerous for a girl to be knocking on doors, alone, at night.

Resha
03-23-2005, 08:45 AM
I always tip the pizza guys. Or rather...I give them the money and tell them to keep the change. I hope they do!!!! It just occured to me that maybe they...don't. :(

Cid
03-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Here's something I did a few years ago for a speech class:

Shlup
03-23-2005, 10:11 AM
People who don’t tip the delivery driver do not appreciate the service they are receiving or take into account the hard work and money that the driver spends on gas.
That's cute, Sean.

What job isn't a service? What work isn't hard? Like I said, I used to work in child care for little money, and even less appreciation. If a parent brought in their one-year-old with the runs, you know what I got for compensation? A big pile of crap. Literally.

RSL
03-23-2005, 12:30 PM
I have to say that I agree with Emerald Aeris completely here. My job involves delivery as well, but I'm delivering stuff a thousand times heavier than pizzas. I've never received a tip before.

But I also agree with Spiff. On the rare occasion that I order pizza, I just drive to the place and get it myself.

Raistlin
03-23-2005, 01:33 PM
I always tip the pizza guy, but I have never felt obligated to, and I don't think people should be.

crazybayman
03-23-2005, 03:17 PM
I object to tipping. Maybe I'm a bitch, but why, as a hard working cashier/salesperson do I NEVER get tipped? They're on the job, I'm on the job, we both work hard, why does only one of us get tipped? Delivery is not a convenience. He's being paid, just like I am on the job. Either we both get tipped, or neither of us get tipped.

Sure, I agree that the store should be required to service his car/pay for gas while he's on the job, but why should I be expected to? Who pays for the bus, or my gas when I go to work? Nobody.

That "reasons to tip" page is BS, imo. He endures hardships? He sits in a car and listens to the radio. I bust my arse for 9 hours in retail. Now there's a hardship. The page that compares them to waiters made me laugh. Puh-lease.

The ONLY reason I see to tip anyone is at restaurants that serve alcohol, because for some ludicrous reason, their minimum wage is lower. Now that is a reason to tip. I don't buy this "oh, I'm giving you a service, and it's hard" nonsense. That describes nearly every job.

< / rant >

I completely agree.

Pizza delivery people get paid by the pizza business, like any other employee of any other business. Why should the customer be expected to pay them extra, when we already pay an inflated price for the pizza, plus extra for delivery!!

Besides, I usually don't carry much cash on me anyway, because I always use my interac (atm) card (if I lose my wallet, then I'll just get a new bank card and wallet, instead of losing all my cash). Sometimes I just flat out don't have enough cash on me to tip. Sometimes it just can't be helped.

That said, I usually do tip, anyway. Just because if the delivery person is going to get offended if I don't tip, then obviously he/she needs the $2 more than I do, anyway.

And NO, the business should NOT pay for his gas and mileage on his car - the business should PROVIDE A DELIVERY VEHICLE for the delivery person, so they don't have to use their own wheels, that they pay so much money for.

Like someone else said, that site will make it less likely for me to tip in the future. It was actually so lame, it was funny. Telling me how much extra money I should give people for taking my money in return for food. Ridiculous.

I work 9hrs a day, working my ass off. Do I get tipped for that? Not a chance. I get my flat salary.

So why should we tip someone for driving through town, listening to the radio while they deliver pizza. They're already getting suitable remuneration for their work. Driving through harsh rainstorms.....gimme a break. I usually go pick up the pizza myself anyway, because I'm not lazy, rain or shine.

I'm not a mean-spirited person by any stretch of the imagination, but that's just my rational behind it. Tipping annoys me in general, and not because I'm cheap. Its just that If your going to tip a delivery person, or waiter, why not tip ALL employees. I don't tip the person at the coffee shop for handing me my coffee in the morning, do I?

And oh yeah, if they're not happy with the money, why don't they consider a change in careers?

The whining some people do about their jobs........

*Insert sig here*

P.S. please no insults if I offended anyone, that wasn't my intent :(

Peegee
03-23-2005, 03:35 PM
Just answer this question:

Let's say a pizza comes to say $12. I'll usually hand you 20 and ask for 5 back. But let's assume on the off-chance I actually have 15$. Why, if I gave you the 15$, would you then start to hand me back 3$? Is it really that bad that you don't expect to be tipped (much less tipped some 25% of the price of the pizza)?

I always tip my waitresses/pizza people, and very well. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't. I also tip my taxi drivers. Do you?

Raistlin
03-23-2005, 03:56 PM
Ching - I, for one, am not saying a word against tipping. However, I think the issue being addressed here is this supposed <i>obligation</i> to tip. You're <i>supposed</i> to tip the pizza guy, you're <i>supposed</i> to tip the cabbie. I <i>always</i>, but I would resent the suggestion that I'm supposed to. I tip because it's a nice thing to do, not because I have to.

Old Manus
03-23-2005, 04:01 PM
FLAME WAR ALERT

I never order pizza, so I never tip. Simple really.

Sephex
03-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Well, almost every Friday night, my friends and I order a pizza. We got sick of tipping, so we went and picked up our pizza instead. It's not a long drive, and we all alternate driving every time we decide to get pizza.

***The More You Know***

crazybayman
03-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Ching - I, for one, am not saying a word against tipping. However, I think the issue being addressed here is this supposed <i>obligation</i> to tip. You're <i>supposed</i> to tip the pizza guy, you're <i>supposed</i> to tip the cabbie. I <i>always</i>, but I would resent the suggestion that I'm supposed to. I tip because it's a nice thing to do, not because I have to.

Exactly.

I do tip, and quite well (despite my previous rant), just to be more polite. If it comes to $12, and I hand the person $15, I let the person keep the change.

There just should be no obligation to tip. And that website implies that peole ARE obligated to tip. Why should anyone be obligated to pay extra than what they're legally charged (i.e. what it says on the menu) for an food/service etc. Everything is overpriced as it is.

DMKA
03-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Wait...you're a pizza guy Spiff? S3cksee. :love:

Itsunari 2000
03-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Wow ... I never thought Pizza-Guys had such a tough time.

Cid
03-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Well, when it comes down to it, few people use their own car and their own gas to do you a service. Thus, you should compensate them.

Strider
03-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Exactly.

Raistlin
03-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Well, when it comes down to it, few people use their own car and their own gas to do you a service. Thus, you should compensate them.
Why should <i>we</i>, the customers, feel obligated to compensate the pizza guy for his own choice of jobs?

As I said, I always tip - because I feel it's the nice thing to do. However, if one of them suggested I <i>should</i> or am <i>obligated</i> to do so, then I absolutely wouldn't - because it's wrong, and I'm not obligated.

EDIT:

How about people who drive over an hour to work each day(two ways)? Should they be compensated?

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-24-2005, 02:25 AM
If pizza companies had to buy a fleet of delivery vehicles, you don't think you would feel the effect of five or six cars/trucks in the price of your pizza?

RSL
03-24-2005, 02:27 AM
I better not since I don't get it delivered.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-24-2005, 02:35 AM
I'm talkin' delivery charges.

Meat Puppet
03-24-2005, 03:04 AM
Why don't you write it on the pizza? That way, when they eat the website address, they'll be sure to visit it.

Shlup
03-24-2005, 05:56 AM
I don't see why the fact that you choose to do a job that requires you to use your own car makes anyone obligated to give you more money. If your hourly wages aren't enough to make it worth it, you should choose another job.

Why does the fact that you use your own car make your service more important than so many others? I'm getting the impression that you guys feel you have no choice but to deliver pizzas. You can get another job if your current one is so miserable.

I guess I feel the same Raist does. I tip to be nice when in resturants (like I said, I don't get delivery), but if you think I should feel obligated to give you more money to compensate for your job choice, you can kiss my booty.