PDA

View Full Version : Why you should visit Alaska

Rase
03-23-2005, 01:41 AM
Click here, than click Save or Open, whichever you want. (http://www.penny-arcade.com/dl/altour.zip)

WARNING: Some language that may offend.

My friend showed this to me and I had a good laugh. Thought I'd share it.

Note: No, I have nothing against Alaska, in fact, the reason my frined showed it to me is because I am Alaskan and lived there more than half my life. Anyway, enjoy.

FightClubFan#47
03-23-2005, 02:51 AM
Alaska Rocks :P

Carnage
03-23-2005, 03:14 AM
Silly siric you cant live in alaske, its nothing but ice and water :p

FightClubFan#47
03-23-2005, 05:20 AM
Silly siric you cant live in alaske, its nothing but ice and water :p

Ya. Exactly. Why do you want to live here again?

DeBlayde
03-23-2005, 05:24 AM
Come to Alaska and visit DeBlayde! :D

And Mrs. DeBlayde! But not Baby DeBlayde because he's not born yet and we're moving before he gets born.

But if you come before we move, I'll welcome you with big open arms and say, "Welcome to Alaska! In Norse Tradition as well as in Dante's Inferno, the lowest levels of Hel are frozen places. But that's a good thing because that means more snoboarding!!!!!!! :D:D:D :hyper:

Rase
03-23-2005, 05:35 AM
So DeBlayde, you live in Alaska? What town?

FightClubFan#47
03-23-2005, 06:02 AM
Notin like good ole Houston Alaska... Even if the school sucks.

Rase
03-23-2005, 06:14 AM
Every been to Ketchikan or Sitka, by chance?

Strider
03-23-2005, 06:29 AM
Silly siric you cant live in alaske, its nothing but ice and water Don't forget the oil drills!

FightClubFan#47
03-23-2005, 06:39 AM
Every been to Ketchikan or Sitka, by chance?

Nope.

Rase
03-23-2005, 02:29 PM
*Is sad*
:(

Well, I've never been to Houston either. Is it nice?

Resha
03-23-2005, 02:35 PM
It's got lotsa eskimos. Yummie. They're so cute! :love:

FightClubFan#47
03-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Well, I've never been to Houston either. Is it nice?

Not at all.

And Sitka/Ketchican?

Rase
03-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Sitka gets some nice snowfall, and the overall look of it is nice (it's got some Russain heritage it shows). But things like school.... aren't so great. Still, really nice natural beauty.

Ketchikan has a LOT of forests, which is most likely becasue it rains an average of 250+ days of the year. As with Sitka, it looks nice, but get a lot less snow. School still not all that amazing. Tourists were..... bothersome. Still, I really liked the woodlands and mountains.

FightClubFan#47
03-24-2005, 06:21 AM
I could live in Ketchican. I don't like snow.

Rase
03-24-2005, 06:27 AM
I LOVE snow, so OF COURSE I had to move to California. :mad:

Anyway, yeah, it's really rather nice there. Going to go back before I go to college.

Chris
03-24-2005, 04:17 PM
I want to live in Alaska... it's close to Japan.

Dking'squeen
03-24-2005, 04:58 PM
I want to live in Alaska... it's close to Japan.

that's always a reason to go there...

Sepho
03-24-2005, 09:14 PM
I've always wanted to (and probably will one o' these days) visit Alaska during one of the year's warmer months, just for the many ski resorts. I'm not sure if I would want to live there, but it's something I've thought plenty about.

FightClubFan#47
03-24-2005, 11:55 PM
I've always wanted to (and probably will one o' these days) visit Alaska during one of the year's warmer months, just for the many ski resorts. I'm not sure if I would want to live there, but it's something I've thought plenty about.

You should go there, by an Alaska shirt, Where Huge Coats because it gets "cold" during the summer, And constasntly ask people where the igloos are. Don't forget to compliment the people on there buildings that look like Igloos. And Be amazed when ever you see a moose, and point it out to EVERYBODY! And try to pet the moose's calf (which is the baby). And go "Moose tipping."

Everyone will love you. I swear. :D

That was fun. I love Tourists!

Sepho
03-25-2005, 12:04 AM
I'm from upper Michigan (read: might as well be Canada), so I've seen a moose or two in my day, as well as my fair share of snow. I remember going to Florida one spring break, and the temperature was in the late 60's/early 70's one night, and all of the locals were bundled up in heavy coats, while I was content in my T-shirt and shorts get-up. It was funny, some of the looks I got.

I ski a lot (and snowboard, too, to a lesser extent), and I'd imagine Alaska has some very nice ski resorts. I'm sure I'll visit at least once, if circumstances allow it. Is there much snowmobiling there?

Rase
03-25-2005, 01:14 AM
I remember going to Florida one spring break, and the temperature was in the late 60's/early 70's one night, and all of the locals were bundled up in heavy coats, while I was content in my T-shirt and shorts get-up. It was funny, some of the looks I got.

Same thing happened to me upon moving to California. Still happens. I'm like, "Comon people, 50 degrees ain't that cold!"

I ski a lot (and snowboard, too, to a lesser extent), and I'd imagine Alaska has some very nice ski resorts. I'm sure I'll visit at least once, if circumstances allow it. Is there much snowmobiling there?

Depends on where you go. Juneau has some ski/snowboard resorts. I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me if Anchorage does as well. I just know Ketchikan and Sitka don't have resorts, just woods. But as long as you have a snowmobile, you can go almost anywhere out of the city in those two places. I'm sure Juneau, Anchorage, and some other places rent snowmobiles as well.

FightClubFan#47
03-25-2005, 03:46 AM
I remember going to Florida one spring break, and the temperature was in the late 60's/early 70's one night, and all of the locals were bundled up in heavy coats, while I was content in my T-shirt and shorts get-up. It was funny, some of the looks I got.

Ahhhhhh... Silly People! But no, I'm serious. You HAVE to act like a dumb tourist. I know you arnt, But ya gotta do it. It's the Rage. I swear. :D

Rase
03-25-2005, 04:45 AM
You just reminded me of reason #1 of 3 in the "Why I DON'T like Alaska" list.

Rinen
03-25-2005, 04:57 AM
Actually, depending on where you are in the summer, it can get over 100 F, and other places can be around 60 F. Just last year Alaska had a record amount of high temperatures, as well as a record amount of wildfires, there were over 6.5 million acres burned down. Quite fun when in Fairbanks it was very smokey where you couldn't see that much. Anyways, I've lived here most of my life, I've been to other states, but always found myself back here. Since I don't like being around a lot of people, Alaska is great for me. I'm not that much of a social person, since I prefer working alone rather than with others, being introverted has shown me much more doors because I observe moreso. That's only one portion of why I like Alaska. But my goals in life would lead me away, but I can deal with that.

Caspian
03-25-2005, 05:06 AM
I just spent the past two or three nights researching ANWR for a speech, and the only thing I can say is that Section 1002 pwnz.