PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Cross worth it? (I politely request NOT to be spoiled.)

Wiegrahf42
03-23-2005, 03:34 AM
I'm not very far in Chrono Cross but I wonder if it is worth finishing. I'm trying hard to give this game a chance, but I'm not sure...

Masamuneˇ1600
03-23-2005, 04:03 AM
It's definitely worth it. You wouldn't believe how much the story expands as you go further on.

Destination0
03-23-2005, 09:20 AM
It is one of best rpg out there...u should definitely finish it

Magus
03-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Why would you ever start a game knowing that you won't finish it. Yeah you should finish it. okay, the game isn't worth of praise but doesn't mean it sucks, beside it's quite interesting knowing how in CC they explain some events in CT and knowing what happens after.

Skystone
03-24-2005, 07:20 AM
It's one of my favourite games, so I issue a resounding yes. The story gets more interesting by orders of magnitude. Especially if you get the foreshadowing.

May I ask how far you are?

Sephex
03-24-2005, 04:55 PM
It starts out slow, but once it picks up, you will want to play it at all times. I remember I bought the game when it came out, and I woke up at 5 a.m. before I had to go to work, so I could play it.

Magus
03-24-2005, 05:29 PM
It starts out slow, but once it picks up, you will want to play it at all times. I remember I bought the game when it came out, and I woke up at 5 a.m. before I had to go to work, so I could play it.

lol seriously ? for CC? haha wow ... i did that for Ragnarok Online. it was hardcore playing. putted the timer so i had exactly 6hours of sleep and woke up played all day and so on haha.

Sephex
03-24-2005, 05:47 PM
I was really hyped up for the game, I guess.

Sepho
03-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Dark Cloud 2 is the only game I've ever played that made me want to not go to bed, because I felt like I was wasting time I could be spending playing the game. But that's besides the point.

I think Chrono Cross is a great game. The way it ties in with Chrono Trigger isn't blatantly obvious, and it's almost better to treat it as a standalone game until you figure out the connection (and I suppose playing Radical Dreamers - which I haven't done - might help). I find that many of those who dislike it were expecting more of a Chrono Trigger-like game in every aspect, which is not to say that many don't like it just because, well, they don't like it.

It is different, but I find it to be very enjoyable.

Super Christ
03-25-2005, 12:41 AM
I liked it. Not as much as Chrono Trigger or Radical Dreamers, but it still stands as my third favorite game ever. Really my only complaint is that they should have left about half those characters out, and made about half of what was left stay NPCS, then improved character development for the remaining characters.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-25-2005, 01:01 AM
How can you like Radical Dreamers more than Chrono Cross? I mean, yeah, RD is beautiful in its minimalism and all, but there's really just so little of it.

m4tt
03-25-2005, 01:06 AM
What the fuck.

Super Christ
03-25-2005, 03:49 AM
Chrono Cross was a great game, there's just something about Radical Dreamers that overall I liked more. Which is odd, since I liked a lot of things about the timeline in Chrono Cross more - the nature of the frozen flame; the fact that in the Radical Dreamers timeline Crono is almost certainly dead, while in the Chrono Cross timeline Crono is almost certainly alive, or at the very least he and Marle survived the fall of Guardia; Fate was a villian I absolutely hated (the good, getting into the story kind of hated); I liked how Kid and Schala were pretty much separate individuals in Chrono Cross without them eliminating their link; and several other things.

Maybe it was the ending.

Irvine78
04-07-2005, 07:49 AM
im hunting for dark cloud 2 myself...read a review and it got amazingly high marks. cel-shading is a really interesting fad...

but yarr, im also looking at getting chrono cross pretty soon. ct is a blast (thank the god for emulation) and i've heard there is much gaming to be had in cc.

would y'all recommend FFX-2 or FFTA or both or neither? might as well make this next gaming raid a big one.

Masamuneˇ1600
04-08-2005, 05:51 AM
Chrono Cross is, at least in my opinion, the best of the games you're looking for. By far.

As to FFX-2 vs. FFTA, if the system requirements (PS2 vs. GBA) aren't an issue, then it essentially comes down to what type of game you prefer. I know that a thread exists in the FFTA section addressing this question, so I'll leave it up to you. I'd recommend both, but do as you see fit.

But get CC. It's amazing. :D