PDA

View Full Version : CAN WE ALL PLEASE CHEER UP ABOUT FFX-2

Y-Rikku-P
03-23-2005, 12:04 PM
I don't see how FFX-2 could be hated. It was, after all, a sequel. What was everyone expecting? This was for people who wanted to know what happened after FFX - if you didn't care then fair enough but don't complain.

We all have our favorites and FFX-2 is not my ultimate favourite (seeing since you asked it's FFX) but it wasn't as bad as people are making out. This was a gamer where you got to decide what you did, how you did it and ultimately this chose the ending. When you think about it, it's what most wanted from Square-Enix and they got it. So what's the problem?

See I personally think FVIII sucked so much that I remember on countless times throwing my control pad across the room. What about everyone else?

Ultimate99997
03-23-2005, 12:47 PM
I suppose ffx-2 was really a more girly game with less of an in depth storyline. Some people liked this but others (like myself) hated the fact that most of the game was based around a bunch girl running around spira solving little problems for people. I feel that the story only started getting good at about chapter 3 where a deeper storyline began to emerge. As for ff8 - it was an alright game however it was probably outclassed by FFIX which was wicked and FFVII which was just an amzement for people. With FFVIII inbetween these titles it was srt of ridiculed for its differences and therefore unaccepted (the junction system was very tedious for me)

Zante
03-23-2005, 01:11 PM
I think FFX-2 was OK, especialy the battle sistem was nice. If it would have at least a somehow decent story, it could be great, but as it is now, it is much worse as the rest.

**ShadowZone**
03-23-2005, 01:21 PM
I think FFX-2 was really good, i liked the whole dressphere thing and the battle system was great. What i didnt like was that it was a bunch of piss, i thought it was really easy and could never find any fiends that matched my level in battle.

Overall i give it 7/10

Destai
03-23-2005, 04:04 PM
I dont see any reason to like it. Part of the reason I dislike it is because it was a sequel. It did a load of damage to something I thought was as great as X.

Y-Rikku-P
03-23-2005, 04:17 PM
What damage exactly? A conclusion to a story? How is that damage?

SeeDRankLou
03-23-2005, 05:47 PM
Square can't please everyone. They took a chance with this game, and because it strayed from the norm of the past 3 or 4 FF games, it was bound to have some backlash. I personally think this only added to the story of FFX and did nothing to take away from it, but everyone's going to have their opinions. The bottom line, this game sold almost 2 million copies in Japan in one day, and that's what Square cares about. I mean, if this game is really that bad, then they are going to lose some fans to the series and FFXII won't do that well and then they will worry, but I'm fairly certain FFXII will do rather well.

Destai
03-23-2005, 05:54 PM
What damage exactly? A conclusion to a story? How is that damage?I found X to be very deep and epic and "serious". X-2 totally craped on that. Yes on a level I consider them the same game. Basically I think X-2 took X down a few notches. I had expectations for X-2 as it was an add on to X and it couldnt fulfill most of em.
I didnt say anything about a conclusion to the story. Dont put words in my mouth. X alone finished the story off fine in my opinion. It made it clear that Tidus was revived without going into unnecessary detail. X-2 took a serious and deep story and painted it ditzy, bubble gum pink, But with great costumes! YAY!

Lon611
03-23-2005, 06:24 PM
ffx is my fav of the series, and for a while i was hesitant to get x-2 because of the all the hate it recieved, but eventually curiosity killed the cat and i got it. and im still playing it.

to me, ffx and x-2 are completely different games, and x-2 doesn't really take away from ffx. what it does do, at least for me, is remind me how much i miss ffx.

a couple thigns that really keep me playing x-2 :waiting to get al the spheres. thank god the luca sphere theatre is there. beating the 100 level dungeon in bevelle, or whatever that thing is called. and teh music. il have to admit, i like the piano scores a lot better than ffx's piano scores, like the piano version of seal of the three winds.

now the story is fine, but i wish it went a lot faster. i mean, helping the tobli guy sell tickets?come on. sure, the game adds humor, and a new story. which is fine. im glad it brings in a fresh of breath air into the series.as a game, its pretty good, but as a ff game, it won't exaclty be my favorite ne time soon.

plus, the battle system?wow. i've never ben one to like the atb system (yes i said it). in fact, i choose ff1's battle system over x-2, and ffx's battle system was genius. neways, im in chap 2, after i helped tobli sell tickets,and so far the same strategy has worked for me:have two warriors,and one white mage, and then keep pressing "x" until all ur enemies are dead. even bosses. use a phoenix down if the rare occurence that some1 killed you happens. i used to change dress spheres, but realized fiends can attack you while ur deciding which dress to change. tahts just cheap.

will i finsih x-2?of course. it has a big nostalgia feeling about it. but not a good one, becauseat times it makes me miss ffx.do'nt get me wrong, its a good game, just not a great one. but il play through, hoping that the 100 level dungeon or whatever its called will be worth it.

Midnight Garnet
03-23-2005, 07:14 PM
i loved X-2... the dresspheres were good for a change...it gave the game variety and i never get bored by it. also i think the story was great...it gave players the chance to see what happened after x and showed the changes that had been made... :)

Ultima Shadow
03-23-2005, 08:07 PM
I don't see how FFX-2 could be hated. if you didn't care then fair enough but don't complain.

I personally think FVIII sucked so much that I remember on countless times throwing my control pad across the room.
Well... then why do YOU complain about FFVIII?

Personaly, I disliked this game a bit. It's not bad... but it's not very good either. It was enjoyable at times but far from the FF standards. The story and characters where poorly made and the music simply sucked.

Y-Rikku-P
03-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Ehh... complaining is when you go on about it. Did i?

Destai
03-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Oh please, no one "goes on" about it unless of course you start threads about the people who complain about it
(! kinda like.....) .
Its not like people go on about it as in-"kefkas my favoutrite villain." "yeah but X-2 sucks!".

I don't see how FFX-2 could be hated. if you didn't care then fair enough but don't complain.

I personally think FVIII sucked so much that I remember on countless times throwing my control pad across the room.The first paragraph was basically saying if you dont like "random game" fine but dont pass comments on it. The second was passing a comment about "random game". A bad comment would be considered by many a complaint or a "moan" which is basically what you did.

Wiegrahf42
03-25-2005, 04:27 AM
I never really liked FFX to begin with. FFX2 has decent gameplay but I found the dialouge and characters unbearably annoying. It all felt cheapened.

Y-Rikku-P
03-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Oh please, no one "goes on" about it unless of course you start threads about the people who complain about it
(! kinda like.....) .
Its not like people go on about it as in-"kefkas my favoutrite villain." "yeah but X-2 sucks!".

The first paragraph was basically saying if you dont like "random game" fine but dont pass comments on it. The second was passing a comment about "random game". A bad comment would be considered by many a complaint or a "moan" which is basically what you did.

... Can you read and understand what is being meant y written words at the same time?

Y-Rikku-P
03-30-2005, 04:24 PM
I never really liked FFX to begin with. FFX2 has decent gameplay but I found the dialouge and characters unbearably annoying. It all felt cheapened.

I know what you mean, it was cheesy BUT I think it was intended for this game. This game, without being sexist, was definately targeted for the girls, oh and teenage boys who get off at midriffs being shown.

Destai
03-30-2005, 04:45 PM
... Can you read and understand what is being meant y written words at the same time?Apparently only you can.

Y-Rikku-P
03-30-2005, 04:48 PM
lol, ok pal, you just sit there and type and take whatever meaning you want

lulusgirl
03-30-2005, 07:31 PM
I think FFX-2 was really good, i liked the whole dressphere thing and the battle system was great. What i didnt like was that it was a bunch of piss, i thought it was really easy and could never find any fiends that matched my level in battle.

Overall i give it 7/10
I give it a 50/10.lol.

Blackmageboi
03-30-2005, 08:40 PM
WILL ALL YOU PEEPS STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE GAME AND/OR COMPLAINING ABOUT PEEPS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE GAME...thank you i needed to get that off my chest people are entitled to their own oppinions and i think it should be best left at that.

Masamune·1600
03-30-2005, 09:08 PM
but il play through, hoping that the 100 level dungeon or whatever its called will be worth it.

It's called the Via Infinito, in case you were still wondering.

As to FFX-2, it had strong points and weak points, just like any game. I felt it represented a positive evolution in terms of gameplay, as the battles were much more active and otherwise intense. There were also many ways to interact with the game outside of battle. However, the story was somewhat disappointing when compared to previous games, and the dialogue was...banal. And very much so. I also felt that Yuna, at least in some ways, regressed as a character. Of course, these are personal opinions.

Destai
03-30-2005, 09:15 PM
WILL ALL YOU PEEPS STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE GAME AND/OR COMPLAINING ABOUT PEEPS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE GAME...thank you i needed to get that off my chest people are entitled to their own oppinions and i think it should be best left at that.Isnt that why people complain?

Del Murder
04-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Please don't make new threads on this subject. We have enough 'general opinion of the game' topics already:

Do you like FF X-2? (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57322)

Defending X-2 (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55590)