PDA

View Full Version : The final Boss

Fireblade13
03-23-2005, 02:42 PM
To everyone I just want to know some different peoples stradegies for the final battle before I get there (I train alot but I don't go after some jobs because i find them tedious like Thief only works on humans and Beastmaster works only on monsters). :tongue:

omnitarian
03-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Since I'll be going pretty in depth, I'll put the whole strategy in spoilers.

Preparing for the final battle shouldn't be too hard. The first time I played, I beat it on my second try, at levels 30-35. My second playthrough pegged the boss at levels 20-30, although I was doing strategic levelling up. Before going into the final battle, make sure everybody who you plan to fight with has 10 JP, Try to have as many people as you can with combo abilities and the 'Strikeback' R-ability. Before going in, check what the laws will be. Bring any law cards you might need.

Okay, first battle.
Llednar shows up, flagged by some guys. All you have to do is beat Llednar, so focus right on him. Just use your best attacks and magic, and he should go down easy. For me, my ninja countered his physical attack, and Llednar went down in one hit. Not too hard, you shouldn't need to use totema or combos.

The second battle is between Remedi and some Totema. Again, all you have to do is down Remedi. The only she can do is physically attack you, so Strikeback and Reflex are good abilities to have. Again, try to peg her with your best magic and physical attackers, and she'll hopefully go down before the totema can mess you up.

The third battle is the hardest by far. Li-Grim can summon totema, which is essentially an instant game-over. Try to give your white magic user an angel ring, if you have one. I've given her the "slow" status before, so try using the ninja's earth veil. The strategy here is to have as many combo-laden characters as you can crowd around Li-grim, and then use combos to deal massive HP damage. If you don't have many combo users, use totema and your best magic.

If all else fails, just level up a lot, and you'll win eventually.

Skyblade
03-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Damage>MP negates the Totema attacks. But it shouldn't be too hard. Go in with Humans with 10JP and/or Hunting, and summon Mateus. Several times. The battle shouldn't last long.

Mittopotahis
03-23-2005, 09:22 PM
I actually found the Battle with Llednar the hardest, then followed by Remedi, and Li-Grim last, but there wasnt much difference between Remedi and Li-Grim...Llednar was by far the hardest, he took me at least 6-7 tries, Remedi i had died in once, and Li-Grim I was almost dead but i beat her

Fireblade13
03-24-2005, 05:22 PM
First try everyone sorry but I finished between you posts and mine so I really did this solo
My guys were 38 to 32 and I hate that you don't get any reward from the battle because I stole the pectryol from Lendar and I got nothing from it I still can't
find out how to use the expert missions

Skyblade
03-25-2005, 09:04 PM
First try everyone sorry but I finished between you posts and mine so I really did this solo
My guys were 38 to 32 and I hate that you don't get any reward from the battle because I stole the pectryol from Lendar and I got nothing from it I still can't
find out how to use the expert missions

The expert missions are just the missions that become available only after you beat the game. Check in with the pub, and they'll be there.

Oh, and don't diss the Peytral, because it's awesome (it has potentially infinite defense).

ehsteve
03-26-2005, 04:20 AM
To get the expert missions, you must beat the game and wait until the credits are done. Then a menu will appear where you can save you game and continue. If you don't do this, you won't be able to access the expert missions.

Skyblade
03-26-2005, 06:49 AM
True, but you won't hear about the Expert Missions unless you do that. Since he knows about them, I'm guessing he read the rumor, which means he saved after beating the game.

Fireblade13
03-28-2005, 03:24 PM
I was not dissing the pectrayal I just didn't get it back after the battle Llendar probably took it back after the battle <stupid credits>