PDA

View Full Version : CDs and stuff...

Skogs
03-24-2005, 01:47 AM
Ouch. I just went into Fopp (independant music store) and saw that there were loads of albums by two artists that I'm really into at the moment - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion and Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - on the £5 rack.

So, now I'm £25 poorer, but am all the richer for having:

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Murder Ballads
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - The Boatman's Call
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Acme
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Now I Got Worry
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Extra Width (and Mo' Width)

So... to give this thread a point, what was the last CD (or vinyl) you bought? Was it worth it?

rubah
03-24-2005, 01:55 AM
*thinks for a while*

The last one I *remember* buying is AFI's Sing the Sorrow. and it was *definitely* worth it.

Dingo Jellybean
03-24-2005, 02:13 AM
The best CD I ever bought is always relative to the moment. I mean I thoroughly enjoyed Jay-Z's Black Album, Outkast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, and Toby Lightman's Little Things.

I also liked Bone Thugs n Harmony's E.1999 and Art of War albums. Usher's Confession [Special Edition] is nice too as well as Alicia Keys' Diary of Alicia Keys (Bonus Disc) album. I can't say for sure now, but eh. I do like American Idiot by Green Day, but eh.

I honestly don't know. If I had to ultimately pick, I'd go with Speakerboxxx/The Love Below.

Lindy
03-24-2005, 02:22 AM
Hell Is For Heroes - Transmit Disrupt
Secret Machines - Now Here Is Nowhere
The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute

I got them last Tuesday, and boy am I glad for that~

And also, I think my three CDs notched up to more than your five, damned HMV.

Kirobaito
03-24-2005, 02:24 AM
I think the last CD I actually bought was John Denver's Country Roads Collection, back at Christmas time. It's the best purchase I've ever made, because in a way, it was changed the way I look at music.

Meow
03-24-2005, 04:43 AM
It'd have to be Squarepusher's <i>Selection Sixteen</i>.

How spastic.

That or The Cardigans' <i>First Band on the Moon</i>, which was nowhere near as good as i thought it would be.

Sephex
03-24-2005, 05:49 AM
Damn, I can't remember the last thing I bought. I know my next purchase will be the new Nine Inch Nails album (if you haven't already guessed).

Skogs
03-24-2005, 09:39 AM
The best CD I ever bought is always relative to the moment. I mean I thoroughly enjoyed Jay-Z's Black Album, Outkast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, and Toby Lightman's Little Things.

I also liked Bone Thugs n Harmony's E.1999 and Art of War albums. Usher's Confession [Special Edition] is nice too as well as Alicia Keys' Diary of Alicia Keys (Bonus Disc) album. I can't say for sure now, but eh. I do like American Idiot by Green Day, but eh.

I honestly don't know. If I had to ultimately pick, I'd go with Speakerboxxx/The Love Below.

I said last CD, not best CD. :tongue:

jrgen
03-24-2005, 11:58 AM
The last CD i bought was Eisregen's re-release of Krebskolonie,
which includes the mini CD Fleischfestival.

It is my favourite Eisregen album, so it was well worth the money.
Buy it if you want extreme metal with violins and electronics,
plus lyrics so disgusting it was banned in Germany.

Chris
03-24-2005, 04:08 PM
The last CD I bought was...

Shirley Bassey: For Decades of Song (3xCD Box set)
Price: $30.
Worth of Purchace: Yes.

Little Miss Awesome
03-24-2005, 05:26 PM
The last CD I bought was Jem- Finally woken and I love it :D

Luc
03-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Yesterday, I went to Best Buy and bought:

Radiohead - Pablo Honey
Radiohead- Iron Lung
Radiohead - Amnesiac
Radiohead - Kid A
Radiohead - The Bends

And a couple of days before that I bought:

Radiohead - OK Computer

Definitely worth my money. ;)

Sephex
03-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Yesterday, I went to Best Buy and bought:

Radiohead - Pablo Honey
Radiohead- Iron Lung
Radiohead - Amnesiac
Radiohead - Kid A
Radiohead - The Bends

And a couple of days before that I bought:

Radiohead - OK Computer

Definitely worth my money. ;)

Nice. My favorite one is Kid A.

Luc
03-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Yup, that's definitely a good CD.

In fact, I'm listening to Kid A right now. Idioteque is such an awesome song. o_o

Sephex
03-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Yup, that's definitely a good CD.

In fact, I'm listening to Kid A right now. Idioteque is such an awesome song. o_o

Hell yeah it is! There is an official Radiohead live album, and I remember Idioteque was done really well.

Dingo Jellybean
03-24-2005, 11:32 PM
I said last CD, not best CD. :tongue:

I guess I skipped the part with the "last" and read "Was it worth it?" :D

Oh well...the last CD I bought was Alicia Keys' Diary of Alicia Keys Bonus CD version. Well worth the money...I'm an R&Bholic...it's hard to have bad sounding R&B for me.

TheAbominatrix
03-24-2005, 11:35 PM
I've been thrift store shopping for vinyl a lot lately. The last album I bought was Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow. And yes, it most certainly was worth it.

Sepho
03-24-2005, 11:50 PM
The last CD I bought was Slipknot - Iowa, because I borrowed it from a friend of mine, and when I went to take it out of the case, it cracked down the middle and broke right in half.

I was in awe, because I hadn't even gotten a chance to listen to it, and I had never experienced such an occurance before. I didn't bother trying to explain it to him, so I just bought him a new one and gave it to him (after burning myself a copy). So, the last CD I actually purchased was one I don't particularly care for, save two or three songs.

I just download music and burn mixes.

Miriel
03-25-2005, 12:15 AM
Just bought:

Kaiser Chiefs - Employment
Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Mae - Destination: Beautiful
Copeland - Beneath Medicine Tree

The Kaiser Chiefs and Maximo Park CDs I got for 15 dollars and I got them autographed. ^_^

nik0tine
03-25-2005, 12:16 AM
The last CD I bought was the Unseens "The Anger and the Truth". It was only 22 minutes long, but it was DEFINETLY worth it. I haven't bought a good punk rock album in a long time.

DragonflyLex
03-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Damn, I can't remember the last thing I bought. I know my next purchase will be the new Nine Inch Nails album (if you haven't already guessed).

Your last CD purchase was probably Mindless Self Indulgence or the Downward Spiral Deluxe Edition...but I can't remember if I was the one who paid for that! But that's what I'm guess.

Sephex
03-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Your last CD purchase was probably Mindless Self Indulgence or the Downward Spiral Deluxe Edition...but I can't remember if I was the one who paid for that! But that's what I'm guess.

I paid you back for TDSD, and I paid for MSI myself.

DragonflyLex
03-25-2005, 10:30 PM
I paid you back for TDSD, and I paid for MSI myself.

I never said I paid for the MSI. I remember that one clearly...I just didn't remember about TDSD!

:love:

kikimm
03-26-2005, 12:07 AM
I believe the last cd I bought was the Daredevil soundtrack. No way in hell will I see the movie, but the cd was worth it just to have those Chevelle and Hoobastank songs. About half the album is worth listening to besides that, so yeah.

:D

jrgen
04-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Just received:
Atrocity - Gemini (German edition)
Die Krupps - Stahlwerksinfonie & Wahre Arbeit - Wahrer Lohn
Die Krupps - The final remixes digipack
Die Krupps - III (Odyssey of the mind)

Brian The Pink Shark
04-01-2005, 08:57 PM
last cd i bought was Angel Of retribution special edition by Judas Priest it was definetly worth it one of the best Albums priest have ever made :choc:

jrgen
04-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Today I got:

Atrocity - Werk 80 [festival edition](3 bonus tracks)
Atrocity - Non Plus Ultra 2CD
Orphaned Land - The Beloved's Cry

Nova Briar
04-07-2005, 03:12 PM
I believe the last cd I bought was the Daredevil soundtrack. No way in hell will I see the movie, but the cd was worth it just to have those Chevelle and Hoobastank songs. About half the album is worth listening to besides that, so yeah.
I haven't even seen the film, but I thought the Daredevil soundtrack was great. I listen to it constantly--most of the songs are okay, and some are great. :D Um...on topic...the last CD I bought was Dizzy Up The Girl by the Goo Goo Dolls. Absolutely worth the cash. ;)

Nod
04-07-2005, 03:39 PM
The last cd i bought was on offer: stravinsky- the rite of spring, definitely worth moeny from my student loan.
the last LP i bought was The Vault by Pendulum- an absolutely classic Drum n' Bass track.
Totally worth it cos it was a gift for my friend and he was over the moon about getting it :)