PDA

View Full Version : Length of film + no real release date yet?

Nova Briar
03-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Just a couple of brief little newsy tidbits I found on the net...

According to this interview (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=7505) with Squenix producer Shinji Hashimoto, the running length of AC will be 70 minutes, as compared to the 90 minutes that has also been reported. I don't know how seriously we can take this interview, since Shinji Hashimoto's not such a familiar name (to me at least). Also, he makes comments about the film originating as a "collection of clips", which makes me worry about the potential cohesiveness of the plot.

Second newsy tidbit: When asked by the interviewer about the release date for AC, he said that they are "preparing for announcements about the release" of AC, which apparently means that Squenix hasn't made any official release dates public...which suggests to me that any release date we've heard is probably just flat-out wishful thinking. Does anyone think this might mean we might have to wait a good bit (several months or more) until we can get our hands on AC?

Thoughts? Verifications/disprovings of what I've reported? I'm all ears! :)

Greiver205
03-24-2005, 03:44 PM
I hope the 70 minutes thing was a lie because i was hoping for a 90 minute or more film...and the collection of clips thing just means that when they started it they didnt mean for it to be a film, but just a collection of clips...so im not worried about that just the length.

cloud20747
03-24-2005, 05:51 PM
I'm scared for all........

amratis
03-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Nova I thought you were dead, you haven't posted for awhile ;)

On topic - Didn't Nomura say a month or so ago that it was clocking in at almost 90 mins now? I'm sure he said that on a website interview.

As for the release date. Yes I think the ones so far have just been completely made up basically, people getting false tip-off's .etc. However if they really are 'preparing' a release date like they say they are then hopefully that release date won't be too far off. I dont think it will be a *few* months. Hmm, maybe just another 2, or 3 perhaps....I hope. ;) :D

Destai
03-25-2005, 12:00 AM
He "definitely" said that the movie would be just longer than an hour and a half. They were considering a cinema release in areas so would it have to be longer than 70 mins for that to happen?

Nova Briar
03-25-2005, 12:59 AM
:lol: Not dead, amra...family emergency, had to go out of state for a whlie. Dead? Yeesh! :eek: Just kidding. ^_~

But anyway, about the time--yeah, I thought I heard Nomura (and a few other people whose names I recognize as associated w/Squenix) say that it's around 90 min long. This guy I'd never heard of...so I thought I'd see if any of you had. (Apparently not.) Also, every cinematic release I've ever seen--unless it was a special preview screening--was at least 90 min. A 70 min cinematic release would be kinda weird in my opinion.

Last but not least, release date...I hope you're right about the 2-3 months thing. I mean, people have been talking about AC forever...a release is long overdue, in my opinion, though I know(well, hope) they're just trying to perfect it as much as possible. If their official date is six months or more in the future, there just may be a lot of angry fans storming the Squenix office building... ^_~

BackRoomKid
03-25-2005, 06:46 AM
Don't you remember? Nomura DID say 90 minutes...BUT, he confessed "but i haven't told the producer's yet, but they should be OK with it" Something like that, if you find the interview, he DID say that...i am 100% sure about it. He probably ended up telling the producers and they edited the movie down to 70 minutes. But who knows, as usual, probably there'll be deleted scenes as a special feature.

About release date. My ray of light is...they're done with the movie! The said they're getting preparation to ANNOUNCE the release date...they wouldn't do that if they weren't done would they? But if you're like me, you're probably thinking "well, they've talked about several release date, how should this be any different"...my answer...lol, i don't know what to say...haha, just don't keep your hopes too high.

"collection of clips" was a strange phrase....still don't understand it. Ah well, just waiting fo their supposed "release date."

Greiver205
03-25-2005, 04:48 PM
I saw on a website that Shinji Hashimoto is the Co-producer of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, he also worked on some of the other Final Fantasy games so he isnt new to the business...maybe some of wat he said is true...i hope not

Sephiroths Clone
03-26-2005, 05:47 PM
I reallly hope that it is longer then 70 minutes. an hour and half seems resonable. and if theyre dicussing the release date then it probably means it is done, right? so it would probably be released soon.

amratis
03-27-2005, 02:50 AM
I wonder, why would they want to keep the running time down to 70 mins? Anyone?

Nova Briar
03-27-2005, 04:00 AM
I have no idea about production costs or anything, but...maybe the shorter the film, the cheaper it is to release cinematically? (Shorter reels, maybe?) And if they really wanted some of the extra scenes in, they could stick them on the DVD like BackRoomKid said as "deleted scenes". I dunno, just guessing...anyone really know?

BackRoomKid
03-27-2005, 07:34 AM
mmmm, squre-enix (i would think) would be pretty loaded to me...unless all these new realeases (FF I and II: Dawn of Souls, AC, BC, KH2) is cutting their budget....