PDA

View Full Version : what's going on here?!

sakaia
03-25-2005, 06:03 AM
alright i been listening to people talk about FF3 not being released in america... it's bull. i have, for my Super Nintendo, a game called FF3, and it's basically a crappy version of FF6... it isn't 'pirated' or anything, and i bought it at a pawn shop for like 35 bucks! they also had either ff2 or ff4 there i'm not sure... it was in missouri. i know i'm gonna get slammed here>< just what's going on?

nik0tine
03-25-2005, 09:42 AM
FF3 and FF6 are the same game. FF6 was origionally released in the United States as FF3, because there had only been two other games released in the US prior to that. (As far as I know) Also, the same thing happened with FFIV. It was released in the U.S. as FFII, because it was the first FF to be released in the states after the origional FFI. Make sense now?

...*Slams*

sakaia
03-25-2005, 11:27 AM
oi i got it now, thx that was a little weird... :love: lol they can keep their FF3... we got mystic quest heheh

Big D
03-25-2005, 11:37 AM
The *real* Final Fantasy III was released in Japan only.
The game known in America as FFIII is, in fact, Final Fantasy VI.

The original Final Fantasy was released in the US, but the next FF title they got was FFIV. To avoid confusing the customers, the US version of FFIV was re-labelled FFII. FFVI got marketed as FFIII, for the same reason.

DarkLadyNyara
03-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Yeah, alot of people have been confused by this.

Masamune·1600
03-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Following the release of the original Final Fantasy, America didn't get another one until Final Fantasy IV (which was marketed as FFII). This game was watered down badly, since it was considered all we American gamers could handle. Final Fantasy V was also exclusive to Japan, so when FFVI was released in the US, it was called FFIII. When FFVII was released, the correct numbering system had been restored.

Over the past few years, several PS1 FF collections have been released. FF Anthology, the first, contained FFV and FFVI (numbering system restored, obviously). FF Chronicles had FFIV (difficulty restored, censoring removed) and Chrono Trigger. FF Origins had FFI and FFII (actual FFII, not FFIV). As such, the true FFIII is the only FF that hasn't been released here.

However, FFIII will be released on the Nintendo DS. Hence, the "not released in the United States" designation will soon become obsolete.

Sephex
03-25-2005, 04:19 PM
However, FFIII will be released on the Nintendo DS. Hence, the "not released in the United States" designation will soon become obsolete.

And it's about time.

sakaia
03-26-2005, 06:02 AM
kewl thx for the help^^