PDA

View Full Version : Malboro!

Social Moon Firesky
03-25-2005, 11:48 AM
I hate those damn things. They're so creepy and they're almost impossible to kill. Plus, they almost always end up killing you! Any tips on how to kill them easily?

NM
03-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Junction against Confuse and Berserk status, have someone with the treatment command, learnt from GF Siren, and you should be alright. If you have the ST-Junction x 4 then even better.

Ultima Shadow
03-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Junction against Confuse and Berserk status
And if you have the space, junction against Sleep as well. But Confuse and Berserk are more important.

Also... remember that you should have 100 Confuse and 100 Berserk junctioned to your status defense. If you just junction a few, then it won't help at all. You have to junction 100 Confuse and Berserks to your status defense.

Kami
03-25-2005, 04:14 PM
ah.. i was about to make a malboro post too. btw... where do you draw beserk and confuse?

rubah
03-25-2005, 07:52 PM
I think you could probably get berserk from the bloodsouls that are around galbadia garden's old hangout. They cast it a lot anyways-_-

My favorite way to kill marlboros is to smack them with demi about 17 times, then have rinoa devour them for the spirit boost:D eventually I'll make a dent in her spr stat then I can have someone else devour. You can draw demi from them, so you don't have to worry about running out or having to equip the Magic command.

If you don't have berserk and confuse junctioned, do NOT junction against sleep. Having a character confused and berseked but wide awake and poisoned is *NOT* a good thing.

Ultima Shadow
03-25-2005, 08:13 PM
If you don't have berserk and confuse junctioned, do NOT junction against sleep. Having a character confused and berseked but wide awake and poisoned is *NOT* a good thing.
Having a character Berserked, Confused and Asleep is not that good either. :p If all the characters have Berserk and Confusion, then the best option is to simply run from the battle. :greenie:

Anyway... yes, you can draw Berserk from Bloodsouls. And you can get Confusion from Forbiddens... I think. Atleast the item that forbiddens drop can be refined into 20 Confuse spells. Forbiddens are those skeletons with swords. :skull:

BG-57
03-25-2005, 09:05 PM
It's very handy to junction 100 Pain to Stat-Def, since it protects you against three status ailments at once.

rubah
03-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Having a character Berserked, Confused and Asleep is not that good either.

If it's just one character, that's fine. If they're asleep, they might be trying to beat up on the two other characters, who might just accidentally be at really really low hp (like if you were using limits to kill monsters quickly and didn't want ot bother with aura) or if you're within devouring range of that stupid malboro and the berserked character goes and kills it-_-

I'd rather them be asleep.

Ultima Shadow
03-25-2005, 10:02 PM
If it's just one character, that's fine. If they're asleep, they might be trying to beat up on the two other characters, who might just accidentally be at really really low hp (like if you were using limits to kill monsters quickly and didn't want ot bother with aura) or if you're within devouring range of that stupid malboro and the berserked character goes and kills it-_-

I'd rather them be asleep.
True. And I never said that it was better to not have them asleep. I just said that it's never good to have a character berserked and confused. :p Even though almost anyone but Squall will miss because of the "Blind" status.

Ah, whatever. :greenie: Just junction Confusion and Berserk to your status defense and you'll do fine! :p

rubah
03-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Not when they've got a million triples junctioned to hit-_- Like rinoa likes to have.

Of course if you're levelling up the first time you don't quite have *these* troubles^_^

Skyblade
03-25-2005, 10:41 PM
I usually junction Confuse, Berserk, Sleep, and Pain when dealing with Malboros. Another effective combo is Holy, Esuna, Reflect, and Pain. If you get 100 of each, you have 85% protection from Confuse and Berserk (which is usually enough), and have a wide range of resistances to the other effects as well. You can of course substitute Pain for Berserk or Confuse if you like.

Facing Malboros is one of the times when I get really upset at Square for not releasing the Pocketstation in the US...

Ultima Shadow
03-25-2005, 11:56 PM
Not when they've got a million triples junctioned to hit-_-

Which none who makes sense would have. :p Tripple belongs to the Speed status. :greenie:

But WHATEVER! :D

Social Moon Firesky
03-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Thanks guys! Those Malboros aren't gonna know what hit 'em. Oh, and is it just me, or are they really freaky? The noise they make, the way they look, ugh. *Cold shivers* Mind you, I thought they looked scarier in FF7.

YukiKiro
03-26-2005, 06:23 PM
get odin. he's really the only one who can kill them, otherwise run for your life!

Ultima Shadow
03-27-2005, 08:15 AM
get odin. he's really the only one who can kill them, otherwise run for your life!
You obiviously didn't read the above posts, did you? Also, even without everything mentioned above, it's possible to beat them in 1 hit with Quistis Degenerator. You just need to do it before the Malboro uses Bad Breath.

rubah
03-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Which none who makes sense would have. Tripple belongs to the Speed status.

I'd rather have perfect accuracy first. That's why rinoa is the only one who has it on hit^_^ Selphie and Squall both have it on their speed:P

You obiviously didn't read the above posts, did you?

Obviously.

Oh, and is it just me, or are they really freaky? The noise they make, the way they look, ugh. A lot of the beasts make noises. It's a way to tell you what attacks you'll need to use. Cactuars have the little chibbitychibbity noise that means you need to push X immediately, if not sooner, falchionwhateverfishies making roaring pop noises to distract you and make you think you found an adamantoise, and malboros laugh, to amuse you when you find out you've been hit with every single status ailment you can think of X.x;

Ultima Shadow
03-27-2005, 10:05 PM
I'd rather have perfect accuracy first. That's why rinoa is the only one who has it on hit^_^ Selphie and Squall both have it on their speed:P

Well, I don't use normal attacks that much anyway so... and in my opinion, speed is much more important. :greenie:

Social Moon Firesky
03-27-2005, 10:32 PM
I hate them, I hate them, I hate them!

Ultima Shadow
03-27-2005, 11:47 PM
I hate them, I hate them, I hate them!
I love them. They sounds so cool. :joker:

RIP Dime
03-28-2005, 07:27 PM
You can get Confuses from betrayal swords dropped by .......Aww, I forgot the monsters name, he hangs out in Centra Contenent Forests

Skyblade
03-28-2005, 08:34 PM
That would be Blitzes.

Ultima Shadow
03-28-2005, 08:51 PM
You can get Confuses from betrayal swords dropped by .......Aww, I forgot the monsters name, he hangs out in Centra Contenent Forests

That would be Blitzes.
Erm... no, it's Forbiddens that drop Betrayal Swords.

And you can get Confusion from Forbiddens... I think. Atleast the item that forbiddens drop can be refined into 20 Confuse spells. Forbiddens are those skeletons with swords. :skull:

crazybayman
03-29-2005, 05:43 PM
I usually junction Confuse, Berserk, Sleep, and Pain when dealing with Malboros.

I concur. Their Bad Breath is useless against this. Then stock up on Malboro Tentacles so you can get Doomtrain.

Skyblade
03-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Erm... no, it's Forbiddens that drop Betrayal Swords.

Yes, if they are level 1-19. You can steal Forbidden Swords from Blitzes though, and they are the ones who are in the forest in Centra. Forbiddens aren't there.

YukiKiro
03-29-2005, 07:45 PM
You obiviously didn't read the above posts, did you?
you're right, i didn't, but i didn't care to either. i have my characters set up the way i want, any tampering can seriously reduce their stats.

RIP Dime
03-29-2005, 08:25 PM
Ok here is what I do, Junction Pain, Beserk, Esuna, and Confuse, You may be asleep, but when you wake up use Esuna on you and then have a Teammate with Treatment(Or yourself) use it on all and blow away with Phys Or GF's, Repeat if Baad Breath used again.

Social Moon Firesky
03-29-2005, 09:50 PM
I like killing them. It's fun, and I feel like I'm providing some sort of service to the people that live near the Malboro places...Whatever. I'm tired. Ignore this crap.:D

CaladBolgLionHeart
03-31-2005, 01:22 AM
Dude. Fire.

Social Moon Firesky
03-31-2005, 03:35 PM
Fire? I see...Thank you for your wisdom.

tranvanhieu
04-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Just junction Sta-Def with sleep,poison,blind,confuse,NOT berserk.Just do as I say !And when you encounter Malboro,just see how it killed!

rubah
04-05-2005, 01:17 AM
142000 hp takes a long to kill with just physical attacks, imho.

The doom timer doesn't run out by then?

Ultima Shadow
04-08-2005, 10:02 PM
142000 hp takes a long to kill with just physical attacks, imho.

The doom timer doesn't run out by then?
Not if you hit for 9999 each time and have enough in speed.

Masamune·1600
04-08-2005, 10:37 PM
You obiviously didn't read the above posts, did you? Also, even without everything mentioned above, it's possible to beat them in 1 hit with Quistis Degenerator. You just need to do it before the Malboro uses Bad Breath.

Degenerator, as suggested, is a common Island Closest to Hell strategy. Since every monster is at Level 100 regardless of the characters' levels, one can level up very quickly from a low level. Thus, by using the GF abilities that give bonuses to stats at level ups, one can add massive bonuses to the overall statistic. Degenerator is important because it always works on these monsters, destroying the target regardless of HP (obviously an issue when one starts at low levels). That is the generally accepted strategy for this method of stat-raising.

Of course, at higher levels, you have more options open to you. Of course, as previously pointed out, proper status defense junctioning should make Bad Breath much less of an issue.

rubah
04-09-2005, 01:38 AM
Not if you hit for 9999 each time and have enough in speed.

If you're hitting for 9999 why are you still levelling up?

(unless you're dorky like I am and are wittling their health down to devour:D but that's a stupid devour strategy, because devour misses and your timer might go 'plink!' and you get petrified or killed or whatever:P)

HunterFlamebrow
04-09-2005, 01:54 AM
Hee hee . . . silly peoples with your fancy status protections!

FFVIII was the only FF where I bothered to get all my characters up to Level 100, so at the end of the game Malboros were never a problem for me . . . Squall could hit even when blinded, so I just left him on Beserk (he had Auto-Haste too . . . yay). Everyone else I just let die -- a hasted Squall dealing 9999/hit even with poison could pretty easily be victorious. And before the 4th disc? Mug, then RUN AWAY.

And yes, I found the Malboro's laugh to be one of the creepiest things I've heard . . . on my first battle with one I ran away just cause it was SCARY. EEK. :o

Cuchulainn
04-09-2005, 04:17 AM
FFVIII was the quickest game to get ur chtrs up to 100, you could probably get thereabouts in normal gameplay. With Malboro's the only status' you need to SERIOUSLY worry about are those with which you lose control, ie. Sleep, Berzerk & Confuse, the rest can either ignored if you have High Magic Stats & take him down that way or cured & physically brought down, I favoured the former, just Draw or Refine 100 Bezerks, Sleeps & Confuses & equip them to status defence, you'll beat that Tina Turner Lookin Mofo in no time. If your strength is high enough & your HP can take the poison you could of course, as someone has stated, chose to leave Bezerk alone.