PDA

View Full Version : Post your challenge progress/completion (I-IV)

b0x0rzkirb0
03-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Journals welcome.

FFI- I'm working on all the solos. The only one I haven't completed is the Thief. Also, contrary to popular belief, White Mage is pretty damn easy until you get to the Temple of Fiends. Why? RUSE. Since it increases her Evade up to godly and can stack, she's almost invincible.

FFII- Bleh, I tried a solo but it was boring as hell.

FFIII- I don't know for sure, I'm considering a Solo Fighter or perhaps a 4 Bard party.

FFIV- Recently I did a Solo Cid challenge (pretty damn boring) and then a Solo Dark Knight Cecil challenge (not quite as boring). The Dark Knight had pitiful HP growth and was pretty god-awful on the moon. Able to beat, though. Considering a Solo Child Rydia.

Necronopticous
03-25-2005, 06:16 PM
You really like solo challenges.

Ultima Shadow
03-25-2005, 06:28 PM
FFIV- Recently I did a Solo Cid challenge (pretty damn boring) and then a Solo Dark Knight Cecil challenge (not quite as boring). The Dark Knight had pitiful HP growth and was pretty god-awful on the moon. Able to beat, though. Considering a Solo Child Rydia.
Ummm... you can't use Cid at many parts of the game and go from Dark Knight to Paladin is part of the storyline + Rydia can't stay in childform... right? Are you playing a hacked game? Sorry but... can you explain what you mean?

Anyway... I've played a "Don't touch the equipment command trough the whole game" FFIV challange. Not that hard.

Oh, yea... and I can't stand solo challanges. :p I think they are extremely boring. :greenie:

Necronopticous
03-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Oh, yea... and I can't stand solo challanges. :p I think they are extremely boring. :greenie:
That, and you don't end up with anything to physically show for it, which is the main reason I like doing challenges.

That's fine that you like them though, something for everyone.

Black Mage FF1
03-25-2005, 07:06 PM
My FF1 challenges Completed

All 12 solos on the NES version (That means both class changed and not class changed for every character). Oh and I also beat the solo thief 2 times. Once at level 50 the other at level 46.

Solo Thief no class change at level 39 on the PSX version
Solo Knight at level 28 on the PSX version

Xalioniaf
03-25-2005, 07:51 PM
This is mainly for FFII-SoR

- Before you loose Minwu in the main game, make him forget all of his spells.
- Do not get Joseph and Ricard
- Do not learn any spells.
- Do not use the stat increases from the place where you get the Ultima Tome.
- You must defeat Ultima Weapon, but cannot use the Ultima Tome.
- You must de-equip all defensive items on both or your characters.
- You must finish the mission(duh!).
- You cannot change your weapons.
- You cannot train(run from battles).
*Note: Some things I'm not sure you cannot do, such as skipping Ricard and Joseph. But, I think you can.*

There's my challenge. Think you can do it?

DarkLadyNyara
03-25-2005, 11:21 PM
I don't think you can skip Josef and Ricard, but you can just leave them KOed. Sounds like fun.

b0x0rzkirb0
03-25-2005, 11:49 PM
Hex editing makes solos in FFIV possible.

Martyr
03-25-2005, 11:56 PM
I finished all the solos in FF1.

I'd done some of them, but I went and managed the freaking thief after Black Mage FF1 had it as a notch on his record.

So... That's one life goal finished.

Xalioniaf
03-26-2005, 06:09 PM
I don't think you can skip Josef and Ricard, but you can just leave them KOed. Sounds like fun.
I think you can, because Josef is guarding a treasure chest and you have to talk to the Wyrm to summon Ricard. But, if you can't then let them die.

Fireblade13
04-15-2005, 09:27 PM
I am now just starting to get far in FF1`DOS and I have a fighter/thief/redmage/whitemage and I just completed the waterfall and Citadel of trials