PDA

View Full Version : Nightwish

Rye
03-25-2005, 08:20 PM
They're a Finnish band that's metal-ish and dark opera. I just bought their most recent album "Once" which is supposedly one of their least metal one, since it has orchestra everywhere on it.

I have to say, I'm very impressed. The orchestra is mind blowing and the lead singer, Tarja Turunen, is amazing. She sings opera style, and opera singers are the best singers, imo. They have the most talent. They need to have wide ranges and strong voices.

What do you think of them? You can hear some clips of them on Amazon.com or their official website http://www.nightwish.com/ (Nightwish.com) if you've never heard them.

I'm planning on buying their Oceanborn CD next. Any other CDs by them that you recommend?

Dr.K
03-26-2005, 12:32 PM
I've heard two songs - one being a 'phantom of the opera' theme, which I thought was brilliant, and another song I can't remember the name of, which was good. I'll definitely check out "Once".

Rye
03-26-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm not sure which song you're talking about. Is it "Passion and the Opera?" I love that song, it's so great, judging by the clips of it.

Dr.K
03-26-2005, 11:44 PM
They did a cover of the phantom of the opera main theme song (in sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came - yadda), it may be called that but I'm not sure sorry, and am not too clued up on phantom of the opera either. Was jolly good though :)