PDA

View Full Version : Soul Caliber 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreddz
03-25-2005, 10:17 PM
OK its coming and im dead excited. After watching the trailer off Gamespot im certain Soul Caliber 3 is going to be the game of the Year. I mean better graphics new characters and a create your own character mode it looks the bomb.
OK they aint mentioned online play but im sure Namco will pull out all the stops to get it. I mean come on even Mortal Kombat had it. And being beaten by Mortal Kombat is like being beaten by a Turkey and Egg Sandwich
Anyone as excited as me ?

BatChao
03-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Calibur, my friend. :)

Anyway, I'm freaking out over this game. Though Tira looks freakin' awesome with that weapon... I'll be her play style is gonna be fun. The other two new characters look kinda out of place, but whatever. I can't wait to see what they do with the fighting engine... SC2 was already like a tweaked out version of SC1... how will they top that?

The only thing that's really bothering me is that it's gonna be PS2 exclusive... I mean... HUH?! SC2 sold best on GameCube, and even if it didn't... the PS2 version had some really annoying slowdown problems. I'm talking REALLY ANNOYING. Playing on the PS2 just wasn't as great. Hopefully if they intend of keeping this exclusivity, they will do their best and iron out all the kinks...

Erdrick Holmes
03-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Great... more fanboys.

strawberryman
03-25-2005, 10:27 PM
Quite Frankly I'm excited. Beyond Excited.

BatChao
03-25-2005, 10:31 PM
Great... more fanboys.

Haha. That coming from you is kinda funny... but I guess I can't say I'm not a huge fan of SC... and part 3 is looking freakin' awesome so far. 'Fanboy' does have a connotation of loving something no matter what, though. If SC3 turns out to be major garbage (like if they took out 8WR), I definitely wouldn't like it as much... 8WR is probably the greatest innovation to the 3D fighter... I don't know other game's haven't picked it up yet...

cloud20747
03-26-2005, 12:42 AM
can't til it hits the stores (anticipation is killing me)

Rye
03-26-2005, 12:51 AM
SC2 was okay. It was a very easy. My main amusement was that character that did that moonwalk like Michael Jackson, because my friend and I would always laugh at it's perverted attacks.

Erdrick Holmes
03-26-2005, 12:53 AM
It's cool that you can create a character. I might get into this. I'm wishing an XBox version were made, making your own characters and playing them online sounds like alot of fun.

edczxcvbnm
03-26-2005, 12:55 AM
Too soon. They should wait a while longer.

black orb
03-26-2005, 02:35 AM
>>> I got SC2 for Game Cube and it was Great!!
I wonder what will be the story behind the third game. Because the whole thing about Soul edge and its fragments is getting old. :D

square_is_the_best
03-26-2005, 06:03 AM
Its not PS3 exclusive. No game developer is really working on any next gen game console except Xbox2. Soul Calibur 3 is coming out on all current consoles and Xbox2 (EGM April).

I have never bought a Soul Calibur, but I've played the 2nd one and its pretty tight. If the PS2 exclusive charecter is Dante, I'm gonna be all over this game.

Chocobointraining
03-26-2005, 06:31 AM
Wouldn't it be cool if an exclusive character was Mega Man? Or one of his buddies?

Thos of you that have played SC2 the arcade version, have you played the conquest mode much? I'm addicted to that. I have a Raphael, Cassandra and Talim that I'm working on. Much fun!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-26-2005, 07:03 AM
I like how they keep changing the logo with every game.

Dreddz
03-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Im not really bothered with exclusive characters. Because they will probably be imported from Tekken or something. They cant ventre outside of Namco anyway I dont think. Just more new characters to me

BatChao
03-26-2005, 10:51 AM
A couple thinngs I found out from an interview with the producer of the game:

-It will be PS2 exclusive
-There will be no online mode
-There will be no guest characters

You can read the interview here:

http://www.soularchive.jp/wat01e.htm

Ryth
03-26-2005, 07:56 PM
No actually, I heard that Dante might be in SCIII but I somewhat doubt it. The three new characters include Setsuka a chick with a parasol-sword, Tira a Cirque du Solei-ish gal with a deadly circualr blade and Zasalamel a 1-eyed Moorish knight with a scythe. Of course the customizable characters will rock if done right. More will definately come at E3. I add some screenshots but they don't work.

Dreddz
03-26-2005, 08:03 PM
A couple thinngs I found out from an interview with the producer of the game:

-It will be PS2 exclusive
-There will be no online mode
-There will be no guest characters

It being PS2 only is great to me because im glad PS2 has another great title that people can only play if they had a PS2. The guest character thing im not to bothered about but if they have no guest characters then they should at least make 5 new characters instead of 3. The no online play is a piece of piss

crashNUMBERS
03-26-2005, 08:05 PM
The graphics look cool and all but the intro was wacked out. It sucked...

Chzn8r
03-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Reasons why it should be all-platforms and not PS2 exclusive:
-It sold the best on GC and still quite admireabley on Xbox (which had the best version)
-The PS2 is the worst of the 3 machines and it became apparent with the comparisons between the versions of this game
-They're killing hundreds of thousands of potential sales by limiting it to PS2.

Namco is fscking retarded for doing this. Sigh.

Chocobointraining
03-26-2005, 11:37 PM
So, am I the only person that plays the conquest around here, or what? Will it be on the arcade version of this version of the game, or will it not? I'm just curious, that's all.

Oh, and I found a great pic when randomly searching for pics from Soul Calibur in general:

http://noir.halcyon.ne.jp:8500/cgi-bin/hal_bbs/copyright/file/SoulCaliberII_Cassandra.JPG

YunaGirl05
03-27-2005, 03:00 AM
Are you serious! Thank you God! I'm so happy! *jumps up and down. Hugs for everyone! *hugs*

Dreddz
03-27-2005, 08:01 AM
Reasons why it should be all-platforms and not PS2 exclusive:
-It sold the best on GC and still quite admireabley on Xbox (which had the best version)
-The PS2 is the worst of the 3 machines and it became apparent with the comparisons between the versions of this game
-They're killing hundreds of thousands of potential sales by limiting it to PS2.

Namco is fscking retarded for doing this. Sigh.

I understand that in a sales point of view it was kinda stupid but just because its only on PS2 dont slag PS2 off.

Chzn8r
03-31-2005, 03:06 AM
I understand that in a sales point of view it was kinda stupid but just because its only on PS2 dont slag PS2 off.

Facts:
PS2 is a year behind in technology compared to the GC and Xbox... everyone knows it's got the least amount of power in it.
-And that affects games like Soul Calibur 2 which had noticeable and irritating lag not present in the other versions.

PS2 has a @#$%load of great games and I love it for that, but I'm just pointing out why it doesn't make sense to be the only one getting SC3.