PDA

View Full Version : >> Its Suikoden 4 worth buying??

black orb
03-26-2005, 02:47 AM
>>> Recently I`ve only heard how much Suikoden 4 sucks and this make me feel really sad.. :(
Im a fan of the series and I want to buy the game, so is this game worth buying?

Erdrick Holmes
03-26-2005, 02:50 AM
Yes, it's worth it. Trust me.

Monol
03-26-2005, 04:07 AM
DONT BE FOOLED!!!! I've beaten the first and third suikodens and they were amazing....the fourth however...IS PROBABLY MY FAV. SO FAR!! Dont let those pepole disslodge your mind with foolish rants...its worth it..definatly..awsome "ocean" theme (which is why i like it so much)....storys ok so far (im playing it at the moment) i can see why pepole would bad mouth it..but its got ALOT of good stuff too...brings back sum things from the first one too...its fun..get it...definatly :cool: :D ;) you wont be dissapointed (but if you are then feel free to stab me in the back with a carrot and throw me into an ice cold river)

black orb
03-26-2005, 04:18 AM
>>> Thanks..:)
I also heard Ted makes an appearance in S4, that would be reason enough for me to buy the game..

Jebus
03-26-2005, 04:45 AM
Yep. Ted makes an appearance.

I thought the game was ok overall, but the other three were vastly superior to this one.

Luc
03-26-2005, 04:52 AM
Yeah. Jebus said it exactly as I would have. :p

Dreddz
03-26-2005, 08:48 AM
The answer to your question is no its not. Annoying boring glitchy and frustrating. Dont listen to them its rubbish !!!!!!!

RedCydranth
03-26-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm a big Suikoden fan and I agree that it is definitely worth picking up. Its is a colorful game with many lovable characters. I think it was very well made but like Jebus said it is not as good as the first 3 but its great in its own light.

Dreddz
03-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Geez you lot like everything

RedCydranth
03-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Me? Yeah. If its an RPG I probably own it or will own it soon. Unless it sounds dumb to me.

black orb
03-26-2005, 07:30 PM
>>> I guess Suikoden fans are the most loyal of all.. :D

RedCydranth
03-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Loyalty goes into being a "fan". You aren't loyal to a Baseball team you hate. You are loyal to things you love, and if a person loves Suikoden then loyalty is inherant.

Dreddz
03-26-2005, 07:34 PM
I didnt enjoy Suikoden 4 mainly cause it was very boring and frustrating. I mean how boring is it bein on a ship taking an hour to get to another island and having an encounter every 5 seconds. Almost broke my controller with frustation

RedCydranth
03-26-2005, 07:37 PM
Patience is a virtue, and you can make the ship go faster by pressing a button while moving it. I think its Square but I can't remember ATM.

Dreddz
03-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks about that. But I dought im ever going to wipe the dust of Suikoden 4 in the near future

Dignified Pauper
03-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Let's note it's not Ted from Suikoden 1.

A bunch of characters re-appear again, and the story is very good. I've always been impressed by the suikoden series and how they take place in different parts of the same world and tie in everything. I believe, next the Dragon Warrior(Quest), that this is one of the best sequeled games ever.

Jebus
03-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Patience is a virtue, and you can make the ship go faster by pressing a button while moving it. I think its Square but I can't remember ATM.

It's R1. The ship still moves too slow, and the encounter rate is still too high though. :/

Erdrick Holmes
03-26-2005, 11:55 PM
Do yourselves a favour, wait until the Phantasy Star Trilogy comes out. Play a REAL RPG.

black orb
03-27-2005, 01:43 AM
Let's note it's not Ted from Suikoden 1.
>>> yes it is.. (http://www.suikosource.com/weblog/2004/04/24/suikoden_iv_update_3.php)

Dignified Pauper
03-27-2005, 02:12 AM
wait... it is? I thought he got absorbed into the Soul Eater... I'm obviously not far enough...

regardless, this game rocks.

FinalFantasyKid
03-27-2005, 02:24 AM
Suikoden IV was an amaazing RPG. The graphics, battle system,storyline were all perfect. The only annoying addition is sailing the boat. There is too many random battles.

I'd say yes, but that's just my opinion.

black orb
03-27-2005, 04:08 AM
wait... it is? I thought he got absorbed into the Soul Eater... I'm obviously not far enough...
>>> Suikoden 4 take place 150 years before Suikoden 1, Ted as the bearer of the Soul Eater was able to live for 300 years till he passed the True rune to McDohl..

Black Mage
03-27-2005, 05:27 AM
Suikoden IV is certainly nowhere near the quality of the first two Suikoden games. However, that's not to say it's bad.

Suikoden IV had a wonderful sense of nostalgia, which I would mainly credit to the character designer since she did Suikoden I's.

As a stand alone game, it was great, and by no means the horrendous game that fellow is making it out to be. I had loads of fun playing it, and I don't regret the purchase.

The music is great, the character designs are great, and the graphics are nice too. The battles take on a bit more of a fast pace feel than III's, effectively making them feel more like the original's. (On a side note, I'm also glad they got rid of III's two person groups. What a pain that was. ; ; )

However, one thing that really, really bugged me about IV was the method in which it went about story cut scenes. They seemed so out of place, often switching scenes, like five steps away, at awkward times. And the loading times were a bit annoying too, but nothing terrible. What I'm trying to say is that the story seemed cut up, choppy if you will. Though it's a minor gripe in the whole.

And yeah, Ted's the same Ted, which was a rather neat addition. (Just don't miss him, as there's a point when you can't get him if you pass it).

Black Orb, I know you're a fan of the series, perhaps more so than I, (and that's saying something ;P ), so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

black orb
04-10-2005, 10:50 PM
>>> yep, this game was very nostalgic I felt like playing Suikoden 1 in a 3D environment..
The game wasnt good as GS 2,3 but it has the best characters/character design ever (pirates and nay-kobolds rocked) also Eleanor is the best character from the Silverberg family in the whole series!!!, all the other Silverberg losers sucked..
The Combo attacks are funny as ever and the fishing game still the best..
I missed the champion`s rune, because the random battles were kind of annoying, and thank god they put Viki in this game too..

>>> I love this game and I hope this isnt the last..