PDA

View Full Version : Who is Sir RupuRan?

Ko Ko
03-26-2005, 10:21 AM
In the OST for Final Fantasy X-2, LeBlanc's Theme is titled 'Sir RupuRan Has Everything!' But WHO is Sir RupuRan?
I'm confused about this; since the only version I have of FFX-2 is the Japanese version, and nothing about anything invloving 'RupuRan' is mentioned.
So who is he?

Emily52
03-26-2005, 10:28 AM
I've never heard of him either. I have the European version BTW.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-26-2005, 11:00 AM
I originally figured that Rupuran was Leblanc's name in the Japanese version or something. Yes, it calls Rupuran "sir," a masculine title, but considering that Japan has a bunch of female characters going by "lord" (Lord Ran in Twinkle Star Sprites, for example), it's not unusual. Leblanc's name in the Japanese version is just Leblanc, though, so I don't know.

In any case, it's not half as nonsensical as the vast majority of titles on the Final Fantasy Tactics soundtrack.

Kiwi Nazi
03-26-2005, 09:06 PM
There's A Tactics Soundtrack?!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-26-2005, 11:05 PM
There's been a soundtrack for every Final Fantasy game except Before Crisis.

Masamuneˇ1600
03-27-2005, 03:06 AM
Apparently, the title on the Japanese soundtrack is "Le Blanc-sama wa Nandemoari." I don't know what to think, given that Leblanc's name isn't included in the English title.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-27-2005, 06:18 AM
I guess it was just mistranslated--really badly--by someone and the erroneous title was the one that got circulated. It happens.

Here (http://www.ffcompendium.com/~Skylark/tracklist/FF102-OST.html)'s proof that it was intended to be Leblanc and not "Rupuran," anyway.

Ko Ko
03-27-2005, 06:30 PM
ルプラン= It says Rupuran!
It's under Lady LeBlanc!!
See? It's just a serious misspelling on thier part, I suppose.

Migoto-Megami
03-28-2005, 11:57 PM
OMG! There's a European version??? I never knew there was a European version....I WANNA PLAY IT!! How do you get the European version? I WANT IT!!!

Old Manus
03-29-2005, 11:24 AM
OMG! There's a European version??? I never knew there was a European version....I WANNA PLAY IT!! How do you get the European version? I WANT IT!!!

Is there any difference?

Devourment
05-03-2005, 03:12 PM
http://board.muse.mu/images/smilies/eek1.gif

Zanius
05-13-2005, 03:05 PM

There are 2 possibilities here (I'm not being ironic...):

1 - You can buy this from a website. I guess that's

2 - You can start to live in Europe (sorry it was a sick joke... :rolleyes2 uh... better to keep my mouth shut...).

But, there's no big difference from the FFX-2 American version... I guess the Japanese version has some surprises... well... I don't know... I can only speculate...