PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 3 - Remake

King Prodigy
03-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Should It be released on PSONE not Nintendo DS?

IT should on psone because, to complete the series One to Nine right?
Even tho psone is too old

DJZen
03-26-2005, 08:38 PM
No, it should be released on Nintendo DS then on a console of Square's choosing so I can buy it twice just to show them how much I love this game.

TurkSlayer
03-26-2005, 08:43 PM
PSOne, because I don't have a DS and I find it a waste of money. Maybe even PS2! Then it would have better graphics too.

Rase
03-26-2005, 11:56 PM
I think the GBA, since it's more than good enough and would keep Square from making it too gimicky with the DS's options. Plus, I don't have a DS or PS1, so.... :)

Navydav
03-27-2005, 01:14 AM
It be neat to be on the PSX/PSOne because while I don't have that console anymore I do have a PS2 which we know can play the old Playstation games (Although the 1999 version of FFV doesn't work right on it). I own all the PSX FF games.

RedCydranth
03-27-2005, 03:53 AM
I'm all for the PS1 or GBA. NOT the DS at all because I'm never getting a DS unless some really good games come out for it. FF3 is not a good enough reason to buy a system, but maybe FF3, a new FFT or Shining Force game would coax me. Also I think if it does go on the DS it WILL have a 2 screen gimmick and that is stupid.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-27-2005, 06:24 AM
It definitely should not be released on the GBA. Square isn't crazy about its remake of FFIII the way it is about its FFI and FFII remakes, which have been released in four forms so far--so FFIII might only be released on one machine. In that case, it would be a waste for that machine to be the GBA, which is inferior to the SNES in graphics and sound quality. It was fine that Square put the FFI and FFII remakes on the GBA because they'd already released them for a respectable machine like the PlayStation. Considering this remake will probably only appear in one form, it should be on a machine with capabilities comparable to at least the PlayStation, and the DS fits that bill.

DJZen
03-27-2005, 06:35 AM
Actually there's some really good titles for DS. It's just hard to hear about them over the din of "OMG NINTENDO HAS TEH SUCX CUZ THE ALL CARTOON AND KIDDY GAEMS ROOFLES!!!!!!!!!!!11".

Seriously, putting out FFIII on DS is nothing. Remember, the series started out on Nintendo platforms then jumped to Sony platforms. It's also had MSX and WSC releases. If you don't feel like buying FFIII that's your choice, but all ye who pine for long lost days of Final Fantasy might do well to not neglect this one. This game is a big deal. We should totally throw parties because of it.

RedCydranth
03-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Yeah, this game is worth getting but I'm not going to buy a system for one game. Square should remain consistant with its releases. I do not see the reason to release a game originally for the NES on a system that demands higher graphics. Placing the game on the DS will either cause the dual screen to go to waste OR ruin the originality of the game by introducing the second screen. Placing the game on GBA will be fine because FF3 has the same graphical quality of FF1 and 2. FF3 doesn't demand a SNES par graphics (Which many SNES games have been sucessfully ported to the GBA). Nintendo tends to release games for older systems a few months into its newer systems lifespan. Kirby's Adventure came out a year after the SNES was introduced and that was for NES. N64 games were made still a few months after the Gamecube was released. Even Sony's Playstation 1 games were made well after the PS2's introduction. This is absolutely no different. A game of FF3's quality (not that high) can be done well on the GBA without the frills of the DS. I'd even more prefer it to come out on PS1, maybe along with Secret of Mana or Secret of Evermore as a collection disc.

Navydav
03-27-2005, 04:51 PM
I like to see Final Fantasy III released with Star Ocean I. Neither game was released to the USA and ever since I played the second Star Ocean game I have wanted to go back and play the first one. Anyway I own FF I-II and FF IV-IX on the Playstation and Final Fantasy X and X-2 for the Playstation. So it be good for me if Square-Enix released FF III for either Playstation.

liknsmak
03-27-2005, 07:36 PM
PS1 is long dead...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-27-2005, 08:01 PM
It was long dead when Final Fantasy Origins was released in 2003, so that's not a good reason, really.

Crossblades
03-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Releasing it for the DS is cool, but personally I prefer it to be released for the GBA for two reasons

1. FFI&II was released for the GBA

2. I could play FF III on the GC using the GB player just like how I played the first two FFs

liknsmak
03-27-2005, 11:47 PM
It'd be a shame for the game to be on a GBA because after beating Origins on PS1 I was terribly dissapointed at the quality of ff2(why are the attacks so slow and sounds terrible?)

At least with DS people can still enjoy playstation quality music+graphics...

still wish it was coming out for psp :D appeals more to me than the DS.

Xalioniaf
03-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Even Sony's Playstation 1 games were made well after the PS2's introduction.
An example is Madden 2005. At Walmart, they're selling them on the PS2 & PS1. That's just creapy. And Square-Enix re-released all of their PS1 titles after the merger, no?

Duncan
03-28-2005, 12:35 AM
I think the major beef here is all of us are FF fans and would love to play FFIII. But, most of us don't have a DS and don't want to buy one just to play FFIII. Additionally, it doesn't really make sense for them to put it on a DS as the major audience for FF games is already playing FF games on the PS1/2 platform. The origin of FF being with nintendo is really an irrelavant argument as their major customer base is on the Sony platform.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-28-2005, 01:29 AM
"Square shouldn't put FFIV on the SNES! All the games so far have been on the NES! The major audience for the FF games already plays them on the NES platform! No one wants to buy a SNES just for one game!"

"Square shouldn't put FFVII on the PlayStation! All the games so far have been on the S/NES! The major audience for the FF games already plays them on the S/NES platforms! No one wants to buy a PlayStation just for one game!"

Etc.

Duncan
03-28-2005, 02:43 AM
I think you missed my point. Both FFIV and FFVII were new games for the next gen consoles. By your logic FFXIII will be then coming out on the DS. I wouldn't care if it was a new game and SquareEnix decide to switch platforms to the Revolution or the next XBox. For FF XIII, if SE moves away from the PS platform for the next few years that's fine, but this is a one off. They've never released FFIII in the states so they should release it in a format that will allow for the widest audience to get it. My guess, however is that Nintendo, knowing that there were folks in the states that want FFIII, probably paid SE a nice chunk of money to deliver the only FFIII game that has never been released over here in hope to sell more DS's. Which I think sucks.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-28-2005, 02:52 AM
FFIV and FFVII were new games for next-generation consoles. FFIII is a new remake for a next-generation handheld.

Rase
03-28-2005, 04:27 AM
My guess, however is that Nintendo, knowing that there were folks in the states that want FFIII, probably paid SE a nice chunk of money to deliver the only FFIII game that has never been released over here in hope to sell more DS's. Which I think sucks.

Buisness usually does suck for someone.

ljkkjlcm9
03-28-2005, 03:13 PM
is it just me, or is it that even though there aren't any really great games for the DS, it's already been the best selling portable system ever. I don't know what there is to complain about.... no-one says you have to buy a system for one game. That's one of the reasons I don't have an X-Box, the only really good games are Halo and Halo 2....

THE JACKEL

Navydav
03-28-2005, 04:20 PM
I am not really a fan of Handhelds and perfer consoles. If FF3 isn't released on the PSX/PSone then how about a PS2 collection of FF1-6 or FF1-9 on one DVD-Rom? My PSX games are getting fairly old and I don't kow if the PS3 will be able to play them. I hear it may play PS2 games though.

DJZen
03-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Sony has said that the PS3 will be backwards compatible. It'll probably be ridden with issues though. If Square-Enix decided to release this game for a console that would be awesome, but that's neither here nor there. I honestly can't think of a good reason to complain about this game coming out for DS other than "I'm a Sony fanboy and hate buying anything that Sony didn't make". Oh wait, nevermind, that's not a good reason...

Black Mage
03-28-2005, 09:27 PM
Jeez, I get tired of hearing this.

I think the DS is the right choice, and I'm happy Square's actually doing something for Nintendo for a change.

I remember when people complained that FF moved to Sony, way back with FFVII, and the majority of the people shrugged it off.

Shoe's on the other foot, now.

Xalioniaf
03-28-2005, 11:34 PM
I agree. I also would thing that if they re-released it, it shouldn't be with better graphics and all that smack. That would just ruin the experience. I'm not saying keep the same graphics, but don't make them all 3-D and put it on the PS2. THAT would run the experience. And, charging 40-50 dolalrs for a game that only uses 1/8 of the PS2 disk would be a waste. Maybe they should release a compiment thingy on the PS2/3, but right now, I'm fine with FFIII on the DS. I'm glad that S-E is expanding their territory. Maybe, in the future, we'll see the newer FFs on teh Gamecube/Revolution.

Crossblades
03-29-2005, 01:13 AM
Rumor has it that FF XIII wil be released for the revolution

Undecided
03-29-2005, 01:25 AM
Where did you got that rumor from?

Linkage would be nice...

Crossblades
03-29-2005, 02:03 AM
I read that rumor a while back, but forgot where. It's most likely false though

mihalis
03-29-2005, 03:55 AM
I might be working a bit on a PC FF3 remake whenever I am finished my FF1 remake...

However, I would certainly not be interested in doing one with updated graphics... I'm a purist, and I like to keep things focused on the gameplay instead of the artwork!

Super Christ
04-11-2005, 11:47 AM
For starters, FFIII should most certainly not be released for the GBA. It has possibly the best soundtrack in the series; it definitely has the best overworld theme and best airship theme in the series; and the GBA's dinkus sound system could not do it justice.

My first choice would probably be for the PS1 - the remade soundtracks for Origins were awesome, and I'd like to hear something similar with this one. The soundtrack is really the only thing I would take into consideration when picking what system to put it on, since it's going to look, and probably play, exactly the same no matter what system they put it on. I say probably play the same because of the DS's dual screens. That being said, as long as I'm going to have to buy a console for just this game, I'd rather it be the DS than the PSP. I have yet to hear anything from the DS sound-wise, so I just hope the hardware is up to it.

Meat Puppet
04-11-2005, 01:06 PM
PS3.

FF3, PS3. Geddit?

liknsmak
04-11-2005, 11:53 PM
For starters, FFIII should most certainly not be released for the GBA. It has possibly the best soundtrack in the series; it definitely has the best overworld theme and best airship theme in the series; and the GBA's dinkus sound system could not do it justice.

My first choice would probably be for the PS1 - the remade soundtracks for Origins were awesome, and I'd like to hear something similar with this one. The soundtrack is really the only thing I would take into consideration when picking what system to put it on, since it's going to look, and probably play, exactly the same no matter what system they put it on. I say probably play the same because of the DS's dual screens. That being said, as long as I'm going to have to buy a console for just this game, I'd rather it be the DS than the PSP. I have yet to hear anything from the DS sound-wise, so I just hope the hardware is up to it.
If you're only worried about the sound, don't fret - its PS1 quality.

Buccura
04-27-2005, 05:29 AM
I prefer it be on the GBA, I dont see why they have to make it for the DS.

KentaRawr!
04-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Well, in reply to the person who said "I won't buy a system for just one game ...", here is a list of some other games that sound pretty good to me that are either already out, or are going to be on the DS.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Square isn't just the one making this game, but they are helping the DS Get Online...hmm...)

Seiken Densetsu DS. I am sure you all know what Seiken Densetsu is. If not, it is the Mana Series. (Seiken Densetsu 1 = Final Fantasy Adventure, Seiken Densetsu 2 = Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3 = good)

XenoSaga DS. An RPG by Namco. o_o Well, by Monolith soft which used to be owned by Square. And Monolith Soft made XenoGears. Interesting, huh? Though, remember, this is NOT going to be XenoGears.

Soul Calibur DS (Yay). I found out about this on Google. Soul Calibur is a Fighting game by Namco. :)

Super Mario Bros...well who doesn't know what this is!?

Super Mario 64 DS is pretty good.

Now I think that Square decided to make some games for Nintendo systems is because of what Sony did to Square. They pretty much forced Square to stop making the PS2 version of FFXI, so the President of Square might be thinking "Better not make many new games for their System..." or something like that.

Or they might think that it is a bit better to make RPG's for the DS, since it has a Touch Screen which can make Menu's SLIGHTLY easier, and fairly good Battery.

I dunno... >_>

nobuo3317
05-04-2005, 05:49 AM
*sigh* I don't mind buying a DS for it. I want one anyways (if only for games that aren't out yet). As for the GBA...since when was it less powerful than the SNES? Last I checked it was somewhere between a SNES and a PSX. It's not quite 32 bit, but can get almost there.

I'd prefer it on the GBA. As for the DS, I really could care less about the whole 2 screens. I doubt they'd be stupid enough to try and use all the DS's "innovative" features in a remake of a game whose gameplay has already been determined (if that wording makes any sense...).

Fire_Emblem776
05-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Now I think that Square decided to make some games for Nintendo systems is because of what Sony did to Square. They pretty much forced Square to stop making the PS2 version of FFXI, so the President of Square might be thinking "Better not make many new games for their System..." or something like that.

is that for real?