PDA

View Full Version : Jak X

Ryth
03-26-2005, 08:27 PM
The new Jak game is a....racing game? Yeah you read it right Jak X is a racing game. Um yay? Well Jak II's hoverbike stealin' antics and Jak III's copius dune buggy action lead up to Jak X. Taking place after the last game, Jak X (working title) reunties most of the trilogy's good guys in a desperate race to save everyone from death by poisoning. And thats a very literal raceL Only by defeating the diabolical Krew in a massive competition can they snag the cure. Don't except the game to unfold like a traditional racer, though: Missions (standard race, time trial, time box, and deatchmatch arenas) flow freely in a nonlinear, Grand Theft Auto-ish fashion. And the racing itself echoes the violent crashes of Twisted Metal more than the kid-gloves action of Mario Kart. You'll outfit your rides with various short and long range guns, mines, turbo boosts, and repair kits. And all this vehicular mayhem won't be limited to single-player races: Take on your foes in splitscreen heats and...rumor has it...ONLINE PLAY!!! This game to me seems like it could be a promising racing game and I can't wait to see the results.

Dreddz
03-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Thats sounds great. Any trailers or clips or screenshots I can look at

Rase
03-26-2005, 11:14 PM
A link of some sort would make this a bit more trustworthy. :)

Ryth
03-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Sorry no link it was exclusive news in EGM Issue #191. i got it in the mail today so no links or anything.

Rase
03-27-2005, 12:19 AM
Ah, than I shall most likely see it soon, as mine hasn't arrived yet. :)

Ryth
03-27-2005, 12:46 AM
Yes its an aweosme issue this month Soul Calibur 3, Sly 3, Ratchet: Deadlocked, Jak X, Phantasy Star Universe (Joel probably just jumped out of his bed or whatever), Shadow the Hedgehog, the PSP, God of War, and more info on the next-gen consoles! Oh and its coming out the end of this year, supposedly.