PDA

View Full Version : Best real system

crashNUMBERS
03-26-2005, 11:28 PM
I say PS2. AWW man I was gonna make a poll but the damn thing won't let me edit...

Zeldy
03-26-2005, 11:29 PM
Gamecube :love:

Rase
03-26-2005, 11:51 PM
As of right now, my Gamecube. I can still play Super Smash Bros. Melee after 4 years and have a ton of fun. Also, Tales of Symphonia, Marios Kart Double Dash!!, and Star Fox keep me happy. Once the new Zelda is released, I'll be good for the next year or two. :)

Erdrick Holmes
03-27-2005, 12:11 AM
Sega Genesis.

Chocobointraining
03-27-2005, 12:41 AM
For me right now? My Super Nintendo or the Nintendo Advance SP that I have (unfortunately the right trigger doesn't work. No more FF: Tactics Advance for me).

Meat Puppet
03-27-2005, 12:44 AM
http://home.att.net/~dale.keller/museum/atarist/atarist.jpg

The harddrive was optional, even.

nik0tine
03-27-2005, 01:58 AM
It would have to be the PS2 for me. I have never owned any of the old systems like the SNES, but I did own a playstation. The PS2 can play all of the great PS games, plus it has all of the best next generation games available to it. Also, some of the best SNES and NES games were re released for the origional PS (FF1, 4, 5, and 6) which means they can be played on the PS2. Therefore PS2 = best system evAr.

FinalFantasyKid
03-27-2005, 02:14 AM
Hm? The best system....That would have to be te Playstation 2. I'm an RPG fan so......PS2 is my anwser to that. Gamecube has it's good games and it's bad games. Most of them are childish fun, others like Resident Evil 4, are more mature. Xbox.......is fun. I got it to play Fable, and the upcoming Jade Emire.

So yeah.......PS2.

Sepho
03-27-2005, 02:40 AM
If we're talking about current generation consoles, it's difficult to say. I own all three consoles, and I enjoy them equally. However, it saddens me that, because of the way Nintendo has chosen to market the GameCube, it receives considerably less attention from developers in comparison to its two competitors. The ratio of quality games to lackluster titles released for the GC is higher than that of either the PS2 or XBox, in my opinion. Its biggest con, though, is a lack of overall number of games released.

If the topic of conversation is geared more towards the best of all game consoles ever released, than I have a personal top three:

1. SNES - I consider the era of the SNES and Genesis to be the golden days of video gaming. There was an indescribable magic in many of the SNES's 2D games that had me enveloped in the game world. I've played thousands of hours SNES games, and even the typical Disney licensed junk was fun back then. Aladdin. Yay.

2. PS1 - I like the PS1 for much the same reason as I do the SNES. Games for the PS1 were just fun, for reasons unknown to me. Games these days are becoming more technically advanced, requiring longer development times and bigger teams, but there are fewer titles that really make me want to sit down and play all day. Admittedly, this could be a change within myself, but I don't think so.

3. NES - I still have an NES permanently hooked into a spot on my system selector, and I still play it quite often. I love NES games, because during the age of the early Atari and Nintendo systems, games were often made by a handful of people (if not just one) for very little revenue. I'd love to have been older during this time period. The simple, instantaneous fun experienced when playing these old 8 bit games is the reason that, when I want a quick fix, I turn on the NES.

nik0tine
03-27-2005, 03:24 AM
Aladdin. Yay.
omg yes!

CloudDragon
03-27-2005, 03:28 AM
The SNES produced the greatest games overall. That covers many grounds of course. Then I'd go with the PSX.

Dreddz
03-27-2005, 08:11 AM
At the time the Playstation but as PS2 can play both PS2 and 2 games PS2 for me

Xander
03-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Gamecube for me. For one the actual hardware and design of the system is so nice, the little details and the ergonomic controller, the fact that it's small and quite easy to carry around, it's cute (which is always a bonus in my book ^^). Plus it's Nintendo =P And it has some awesome original games which are really my sort of games. The PS2 doesn't have much for my interests apart from FF, KH, and a few other RPGs I'd be a bit interested in playing.

And hehe, Aladdin was a fun game, and I still love my megadrive (genesis) > all. ^_^

Super Christ
03-27-2005, 01:37 PM
I'd say the SNES, followed closely by the Master System.

Black Mage
03-27-2005, 02:21 PM
SNES -> Game Boy -> NES -> Genesis -> PSX -> Atari -> -> GameCube -> PS2 -> ect...

SNES by a knockout. The Golden Age of gaming comment earlier in this thread is dead on, by my book.

Dreddz
03-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Anyone like the Megadrive ?

Erdrick Holmes
03-27-2005, 03:35 PM

Hell yeah. I can only count a few bad games on it. Mainly mosto f the games on it made by Sega, and I can't ever count if Sega ever made a bad game.

NM
03-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Overall I have to go with the SNES. From the current generation, I'd day the PS2.

Zeldy
03-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Good times.. good times.. what was that game called!?
A red dot stood on a bottle! aaargh!! whats the name! i can even hear the music in my head! >_<
I remember the sonic games very well,I used to panic in the multiplayers when my bro had won, and it was counting down from 10.. how i used to be screaming with fear at a game called Aliens! :(

Dreddz
03-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Road Rash, Sonic 1 and 2,Ecco the Dolphin and Mortal Kombat were the best gamers for the Megadrive

RSL
03-27-2005, 04:26 PM
All time: SNES
Current: As much as I want to say Gamecube, I probably play my PS2 more.

Rostum
03-28-2005, 03:40 AM
SNES, for sure.

XxSephirothxX
03-28-2005, 04:39 AM
What defines a "real" system?

I'd say the best was the SNES, but I had the most fond memories from the N64 days.

Clouded Sky
03-28-2005, 05:39 AM
The Phillips CDI. Nowhere else can you get crappy wannabe Zelda games. They're really bad..... I mean awesome!

Sephex
03-28-2005, 06:01 AM
My favortie system is the SNES.

Mindflare
03-28-2005, 06:07 AM
PC.

(Snes, if that isn't legitimate enough for you people.)

Undecided
03-28-2005, 11:22 AM
The best console from an purely technical standpoint would be the GameCube, but even though they have some great games they're not really my kind of games.
Though, when comparing games, the PS2 is the best among the current system closely followed by the GBA.

But nothing can rival the SNES. Nothing! Never has a system had so many good games for any genre as the SNES held in it's days, and it still has some of the very best games ever released. The SNES era was truly the Golden Age of gaming, indeed.

Old Manus
03-28-2005, 11:50 AM
My fantastic Amiga 500. Oh, and that PS2 thing.

Cz
03-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Real system? I suppose you mean home console, as opposed to handheld devices like the Game Boy or Lynx.

Of the current generation, I'd have to go with the Gamecube. The other two systems are near identical in software terms, with only a few exclusives standing out. The 'Cube has plenty of quality first-party software, which means you won't find it anywhere else. It's also technically the strongest of the three in my opinion. The fact that it has done so poorly is evidence of how screwed up the games industry is at the moment.

Of any generation, I'll go with the SNES or the PSX. Both had a huge range of fantastic software, and provided me with years of gaming enjoyment. I'd be tempted to say that the SNES was better, but I'm well aware that my sense of nostalgia would be a large factor in making that decision. So I'll say a tie between the two.

Iampresident
05-03-2005, 08:19 AM
As of right now PSP is the best system not for the games but for the potential of the handheld gaming industry

Psychotic
05-03-2005, 04:32 PM
My fantastic Amiga 500. Oh, and that PS2 thing.Replace 500 with 1200 and I'd completely agree. :love: