PDA

View Full Version : Et dès que je l'aperçois (The most romantic language?)

Chris
03-27-2005, 01:02 AM
"Des yeux qui font baisser les miens
Un rire qui se perd sur sa bouche
Voilà le portrait sans retouche
De l'homme auquel j'appartiens

Quand il me prend dans ses bras
Il me parle tout bas
je vois la vie en rose..."

Seriously French is as romantic as it gets... I love it.
What language do you find the most romantic?

RSL
03-27-2005, 01:02 AM
English because it's the only one I understand.

Rye
03-27-2005, 01:03 AM
I don't like french. Taking it for about 3 1/2 years is horrible. I agree with RSL's comment.

Chocobointraining
03-27-2005, 01:10 AM
Not a huge fan of it in general, but when it comes to a romantic language, yes, French wins in my book. For some reason when you describe a girl with french adjectives, it just seems more romantic and personable.

Logan
03-27-2005, 01:12 AM
I'd say French but I barely understand it. :) So..I agree with Rye who agrees with RSL about English.

Psychotic
03-27-2005, 01:13 AM
I agree with Logan who agrees with Rye who agrees with RSL. :)

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-27-2005, 01:16 AM
Mais, la francais est la langue d'amour. Mais ce n'est pas la langue qui a la grammaire la plus facile. Je pense que la grammaire francais est quelque chose cree par un diable. ^_^

Rye
03-27-2005, 01:19 AM
Francais est un langue tres mal. Je ne comprendre pas le langue francais. Anglais est un langue tres bien. Anglais est facile. :)

03-27-2005, 01:21 AM
Mais, tu as repondue en francais, aupar que anglais. Vivre la langue francais!

Yamaneko
03-27-2005, 01:22 AM
Some people would say Perl.

rubah
03-27-2005, 01:29 AM
french is pretty ^_^ You all need to listen to the songs from Notre Dame du Paris. Some of them are very pretty.

and chris, all I got out of that is something about eyes, a portrait, a man, talking, and living and [pink]X.x; but it's pretty! 'cos it's french. and italics.

nik0tine
03-27-2005, 01:29 AM
Allow me to translate as best I can.

these eyes *jibberish* these *jibberish*

*Jibberish*

Aha! the *Jibberish*

*Jibberish*

*Jibberish that may pertain to the creation of womens undergarments.*

Il me parle tout bas
He *Jibberish* says *Jibberish*

je vois la vie en rose..."
I *Jibberish* pink

03-27-2005, 01:37 AM
"Des yeux qui font baisser les miens(Eyes that make mine lower)
Un rire qui se perd sur sa bouche(A laugh that gets lost on her mouth)
Voilà le portrait sans retouche(Look, the potrait not touched up)
De l'homme auquel j'appartiens(To the man I belong to)

Quand il me prend dans ses bras(When he takes me in his arms)
Il me parle tout bas(He talks to me so softly)
je vois la vie en rose..." (I see life in pink) A french saying meaning to see life optimistically

That is what it translates, roughly speaking, I a made a mistake someone tell me please.

nik0tine
03-27-2005, 01:41 AM
That is what it translates, roughly speaking, I a made a mistake someone tell me please.

Yes, if I also made a mistake please tell me. I don't think I did though.

Orestes
03-27-2005, 02:11 AM
Du hast einen Vogel.

kikimm
03-27-2005, 03:00 AM
Probably not French. Because everybody (most people) thinks it's the most romantic language, it's made me think opposite. I've always thought Italian has always sounded much nicer to me. But whatever.

But, personally, I think I'll have to go with Swedish. :love: I love the way it sounds so much, especially when the right voice speaks it.

:D

Denmark
03-27-2005, 03:04 AM
Du hast einen Vogel.

German is sexy. I wish I had a bird. :(

sure, French is Romantic, but then again, so are Italian and Spanish. and Romanian, too, I think. personally, I despise French. ^_^

Orestes
03-27-2005, 03:27 AM
fyi, in German, to say that you have a bird means you are crazy.

nik0tine
03-27-2005, 03:39 AM
fyi, in German, to say that you have a bird means you are crazy.

Does that mean flipping the bird is really 'flipping the crazy'? :p

Yuzuki130
03-27-2005, 03:46 AM
Latin!!! If you speak it in the original dialect, it's BEAUTIFUL!!! I've taken it for 2 years and it just keeps on getting more and more beautiful! To bad it's a dead language :(

nik0tine
03-27-2005, 03:48 AM
Latin is extra beautiful if you are a linguistic necrophiliac.

03-27-2005, 03:50 AM
lol, But french is a latin language (Or its origins are latin), so wouldn't it indirectly be beautiful too? Same goes for all latin based languages.

Yuzuki130
03-27-2005, 03:50 AM
Nice to see someone with refined taste. :)

Meat Puppet
03-27-2005, 04:00 AM
Childrens songs read backwards.

Blackmageboi
03-27-2005, 12:57 PM
German is sexy. I wish I had a bird. :(

german is the sexiest
ich habe schmergemittel mich...i'll leave german speakers to work that one out..... :D

Rye
03-27-2005, 01:10 PM
Oh yeeeah. Latin is a really really beautiful language. I love to hear latin in songs.

Rye
03-27-2005, 01:33 PM
I think Finnish and Norweigan are both beautiful. I like how Norweigan words look, and I love how Finnish words are said.

Chris
03-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Here's the entire thing:

Il me parle tout bas
je vois la vie en rose

Il me dit des mots d'amour
des mots de tous le jours
Et ça me fait quelque chose

Il est entré dans mon coeur
Une part de bonheur
Dont je connais la cause

C'est lui pour moi
Moi pour lui
dans la vie
Il me l'a dit, l'a juré pour la vie

Et dès que je l'aperçois
Alors je sens en moi, mon coeur qui bat..."

ughhis
03-27-2005, 02:20 PM
All languages are romantic. :love:
Especially Finnish & Swedish.
Finnish is my mother-tongue and I was born in Sweden. :)
Other than those, I like Italian, French, Japanese, Mandarin, English, German and Latin. Just because I happen to have studied / am studying all those. :love:

Aurey
03-27-2005, 02:27 PM
... I like French. :/

It's kind of hard to learn, like the verbs are hard and such, but meh, I've always enjoyed learning it. And I only really find it romantic when people from France speak it.

Rye
03-27-2005, 02:43 PM
All languages are romantic. :love:
Especially Finnish & Swedish.
Finnish is my mother-tongue and I was born in Sweden. :)
Other than those, I like Italian, French, Japanese, Mandarin, English, German and Latin. Just because I happen to have studied / am studying all those. :love:

Wow! That's a lot of languages. I really would like to learn more languages.

Chris
03-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Wow! That's a lot of languages. I really would like to learn more languages.

Then why don't you?
I'm thinking about taking some Japanese classes.

Resha
03-27-2005, 02:52 PM
J'aime la français, mais je suis nul en ça. Je l'étude au collège. Oh Chris, that song/poem is so pretty! :love: French is nice and satisfying if you can understand all the grammar and tenses, but if you can't you feel sad. :(

Endless
03-27-2005, 03:12 PM
I have to say, by my standards, you are all pretty bad with French :p

Resha
03-27-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm really bad with french. :p And I never do my french homework. :)

Rhadam
03-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Я говорю по-русский и по-английтски.

Кто здесь говорит по-русский?

Я агент КГБ. ;) Литгород - пут к коммунисму!
:love: Я люблю Совет Рабочий! Меня люблят! :love:

Я береммена. :eek:

Jojee
03-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Portuguese, because my boy whispers sexy things in it in my ear when we're alone.... ;)

PS. Voulez vous coucher avec moi, se soir?

Zeldy
03-27-2005, 05:51 PM
I despise French.
Me too :mad:
Im learning french and spanish, I dont like Either.
English!! :love:
Id love to live in Finland.. (Helsinki)

rubah
03-27-2005, 08:18 PM
PS. Voulez vous coucher avec moi, se soir?

*ce soir

and I am less certain, but *couchez

Levian
03-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Jag vil eta dina blodårar!

That's Swedish for "I want to eat your veins."

krissy
03-27-2005, 08:30 PM
moaning

Ultima Shadow
03-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Jag vil eta dina blodårar!

That's Swedish for "I want to eat your veins."
"Jag gillar att sparka på elefanter" is much more romantic though.

It means "I like to kick elephants"

Rye
03-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Then why don't you?
I'm thinking about taking some Japanese classes.

Well, considering my school only has Spanish and French and my father is on strike so he can't even afford me piano lessons, I can't.

YukiKiro
03-27-2005, 08:39 PM
i personnaly think japanese is a wonderfully beautiful language. even the writing is "pretty"

Ouch!
03-27-2005, 09:00 PM
Du hast einen Vogel.
Ich liebe Deutsch.

But seriously, German has to be the most un-romantic language. So many hard consonants and other harsh sounds. As much as I love the language, I'd never profess my love using it.

I was never a fan of French and I don't understand more than a handful of words. I'll stick to English thankyouverymuch.

Magus
03-27-2005, 09:14 PM
*ce soir

and I am less certain, but *couchez

yah. it's "ce soir" and it is "couchez".
i dun remember who said that all you people's french is horrible, but I must agree.

I don't get it, how is french more romantic than any other language?

03-27-2005, 09:19 PM
I think rubah is right because "Voulez", is being conjugated by "vous". In questions the verb is first then the pronoun. But I think it is suppose to be hypenated like so "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?"

Yes my french is horrible, seriously. I am just pretty sure I that coucher is not conjugated in this case.

Cz
03-27-2005, 09:26 PM
erom neve hsimoorb evol i tub, uoy evol i

moorb a naht reixes si gnihton, lla retfa

The Captain
03-28-2005, 06:38 AM
I'm surprised no one's said Ebonics.

Take care all.

nik0tine
03-28-2005, 06:59 AM
"couchez".

That means to have sex right? Anyways, if it were spelled couchez, then wouldn't the sentance mean "Would you like to sleep them tonight?" (or whatever it translates to)

Mindflare
03-28-2005, 07:10 AM
Language isn't romantic, I think. None of them are romantic. I hate language in general.

krissy
03-28-2005, 07:29 AM
That means to have sex right? Anyways, if it were spelled couchez, then wouldn't the sentance mean "Would you like to sleep them tonight?" (or whatever it translates to)

bed
would you like to go to bed with me (almost)

nik0tine
03-28-2005, 07:37 AM
Coucher cannot mean bed, because bed is not a verb. could it possibly mean "sleep"?
No... Isn't sleep "dormir" or something?

krissy
03-28-2005, 08:03 AM
o right
yeah you're right i think

crap i dunno..

MASTER VIVI WHERE U @

Endless
03-28-2005, 08:46 AM
I think rubah is right because "Voulez", is being conjugated by "vous". In questions the verb is first then the pronoun. But I think it is suppose to be hypenated like so "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?"

Yes my french is horrible, seriously. I am just pretty sure I that coucher is not conjugated in this case.

You're right. It's indeed "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?", which means "Do you want to sleep with me tonight?", with all that being in the same bed entails :p

Loony BoB
03-28-2005, 12:36 PM
It's not just what you say, what's far more important is how you say it. Accents and voices are extremely important. For example, some Americans I know have incredibly sexy voices, but some have very unattractive voices. The language is merely English, but the accent and the voice are what make it. Language means little.

Citizen Bleys
03-28-2005, 01:16 PM
I like German just because even "Good morning, sir! Beautiful day, is it not?" sounds like harsh, guttural profanity. I like profanity.

Russian's pretty good, too. Lots of good swear words in Russian. English? Na Khuy?

Yamaneko
03-28-2005, 02:34 PM
I was going to say that you'd love Russian then (or any Slavic language) because it sounds like a bunch of swear words. Whenever my grandparents speak Russian around me I always think they're cursing at each other. It's highly amusing.

Chris
03-28-2005, 02:37 PM

Resha
03-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Orcish is the most romantic and musical sounding language I have ever heard. :love:

Chris
03-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Orcish is the most romantic and musical sounding language I have ever heard. :love:

:(

Resha
03-28-2005, 03:45 PM
You disagree? :( It has grunts, snorts, croaks, moans and crackly undertones. And most of all, it demands man-flesh.
Sample: Orc Talk (http://aesclepius.pixelled.com/orctoc.wav)

nik0tine
03-28-2005, 03:45 PM
I think that the most beautiful language is music.

kikimm
03-28-2005, 05:50 PM
I think that the most beautiful language is music.

Yes, yes. Especially when the singer has an amazing voice. Justin Hayward and Daniel Johns, for example. :love:

Chris
03-28-2005, 05:55 PM
You disagree? :( It has grunts, snorts, croaks, moans and crackly undertones. And most of all, it demands man-flesh.
Sample: Orc Talk (http://aesclepius.pixelled.com/orctoc.wav)

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( and :(

FallenAngel411
03-28-2005, 07:11 PM
I like French...even when you're being insulted it still sounds pretty. I would know, I have a cousin from France who hates me.
:bow: :nibbles:

K-chan
03-28-2005, 07:39 PM
I'm taking my second year of French right now, so it doesn't seem as romantic when you have to pick apart the language and make verb charts. >_< Ick. For some reason, I've always loved German though. <3

Odaisé Gaelach
03-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Je ne crois pas que Francais est la langue d'amour. Mais il y a beaucoup des autres lagues qu'ils sont mois bien.

B'fheidir go bhfuil Gaeilge an teanga is measa. "Tá mo chroí agat" agus gach rud éile. Ach teip orm le gach teanga a iarradh mé le. Bhuel, sin an saol agat!

Rye
03-28-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm taking my second year of French right now, so it doesn't seem as romantic when you have to pick apart the language and make verb charts. >_< Ick.

xD Agreed.

03-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Pig-latin is romantic, who wouldn't want someone going "I-way ove-lay you-way."

EDIT: I think Japanese sounds romantic..*plays Utada Hikaru*

Rye
03-28-2005, 10:25 PM
Ig-pay i-say o-say issunderstand-may

Breine
03-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Well, I do think that French sounds beautiful and I guess it's kinda romantic. I find languages exciting and I know a lot of them:

- Danish (I'm Danish...)
- English (duh!)
- German (I have family in Germany, plus I've studied German for almost 4 years now)
- Swedish (I also have family in Sweden)
- Latin (I've studied Latin for almost a year now, and I find it exciting)
- Spanish (I've also studied Spanish for almost a year now, and I hope that I'll be fluent some day)

Besides that there are two exchange students in my class. A girl from Lithuania (Dalia) and a girl from Brazil (Juliana). There's also another exchange student, from another class, from Japan (Rikako) who I talk to. Those three languages (Lithuanian, Portuguese and Japanese) are very different from my native language and therefore I find them very interesting. Languages that are different amazes me, and I guess that if there spoken by a sexy person I'd find them romantic... :)

Gnostic Yevon
03-29-2005, 10:23 PM
British English -- always sexy. Even through I'm American -- "You wanna get nekid?" just doesn't sound right.

Polish isn't bad, some of the words sound pretty cute. Dupa = butt.

Greek isn't bad. I think they have dozens of ways to say "I love you"
"Σας αγαπώ" being one of them. I would say Latin, but I don't know, it would be kinda strange to hear words used in a latin mass whilst doing things that the catholic church disapproves of.

rubah
03-30-2005, 03:19 AM
you gotta admit, romanian can be cool.

"tiam-dat beep" XD

anything's cool when you can sing it though.